sotlaskov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 sotlaskov
Member since 2019 • 6 Posts

Hello there, i just got my very first gaming laptop and i'm having issues with it already.The only game i'm playing is cod:mw (multiplayer)and the fps are between 30-40 all the time which makes no sense.Tried different things to fix it but it didnt work out.I have installed the latest drivers as well so i'm really desperate because i paid 3000$.I dont know how to OC it but i dont think thats the problem.Also it gives me messages like"Undersized adapter is detected which i dont know how to fix.Thanks a lot.
i9-9900 3.1ghz / gtx 2060 6gb/ 32gb of ram/ 1tb hdd

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln317432/alienware-area-51m-slow-performance-after-updating-bios?lang=en I hope this helps.

sotlaskov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sotlaskov

It didnt .Any other suggestions?Thanks again

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TJDMHEM

try this https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln115162/resolve-hardware-issues-with-built-in-and-online-diagnostics-epsa-or-psa-error-codes?lang=en

sotlaskov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sotlaskov

same thing.dont really know whats going on with my laptop.it says that no failure is found but the performance is a joke.

sotlaskov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sotlaskov

anyone else with a suggestion??? need your help fellas please ....

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TJDMHEM
Loading Video...

I hope this helps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8  Edited By deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

If you bought an alienware computer for 3000$, I would call their tech support line. I'm sure they would be able to give you more targetted advice than these forums. If that doesn't work, it likely has a warranty and return policy. That's the advantage of buying from alienware as opposed to building on your own. When it doesnt work ,you have options.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

@sonicare said:

If you bought an alienware computer for 3000$, I would call their tech support line. I'm sure they would be able to give you more targetted advice than these forums. If that doesn't work, it likely has a warranty and return policy. That's the advantage of buying from alienware as opposed to building on your own. When it doesnt work ,you have options.

Exactly. I had an issue with my Asus laptop. I contacted them and they were able to help me fix it after several steps. Worst comes to worst they send you a box to ship your product in and they'll fix it. TC made it sound new so there's warranty.

Why waste time to make an account and ask here?

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Its a laptop?...

Do you have it in performance mode?... Do you play with the laptop running off wall power(plugged in)?...

Laptops running off batter will perform drastically worse than plugged in. Also laptops with i9 9900 have been know to have performance issues due to overheating.

Also I would like to add what settings are you running the game on?... With Ray Tracing turned on even a RTX 2060 and a desktop i7 8700K will be running at 1080p at 50-70FPS, now if you are running on a LAPTOP with CPU issues like I mention and frequencies being lower than a desktop part for both CPU/GPU then I would say that maybe you are not actually having performance issues at all and that's the best you can do with RTX On in that game on a laptop.

sotlaskov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sotlaskov

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Its a laptop?...

Do you have it in performance mode?... Do you play with the laptop running off wall power(plugged in)?...

Laptops running off batter will perform drastically worse than plugged in. Also laptops with i9 9900 have been know to have performance issues due to overheating.

Also I would like to add what settings are you running the game on?... With Ray Tracing turned on even a RTX 2060 and a desktop i7 8700K will be running at 1080p at 50-70FPS, now if you are running on a LAPTOP with CPU issues like I mention and frequencies being lower than a desktop part for both CPU/GPU then I would say that maybe you are not actually having performance issues at all and that's the best you can do with RTX On in that game on a laptop.

Yes its laptop and both of the adaptors are plugged in.The game settings on low and also Battlefield V is crashing to desktop for some reason.And yes i have it in performance mode.Thanks again

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

Contact Alienware. I have a 17R5 with an i7-8750, 16GB ram and a GTX 1070 and have much better performance than you are seeing in CoD:MW. There is definitely something wrong.