This topic is locked from further discussion.

toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 toddx77
Member since 2008 • 3395 Posts

I bougt Alan Wake from steam but when I start it up it lags like crazy. The title screen says I don't meet the mimimum requirements but canirunit said I did (I know you cant always trust that site) but I can play the witcher 2 fine on medimum settings. So I don't understand how a game like Alan Wake doesn't lags like crazy on low settings. Can anyone help?

http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/bb231/toddx77/?action=view&current=Untitled-5.jpg

Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts
Canirunit isn't reliable. Alan Wake isn't that great of a port, it runs bad on lower grade systems. Witcher 2 however, is well optimized. Here's a video of a guy running the game on the same card as yours OC'd, everything pretty much on low, and he's barley getting 30fps.
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Gonna take a Guess it's the CPU, Since it says you need 2.8 GHz and you have 1.7 Ghz.
ArchonOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 ArchonOver
Member since 2010 • 1103 Posts
Your CPU is weak And for future reference, minimum specs don't mean squat, that's just so you can boot up the game. Recommended specs tell you if you can get it playable.
ampiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 ampiva
Member since 2010 • 1251 Posts
Lower your resolution, it has the biggest impact on performance.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

Canirunit isn't reliable. Alan Wake isn't that great of a port, it runs bad on lower grade systems. Witcher 2 however, is well optimized. Here's a video of a guy running the game on the same card as yours OC'd, everything pretty much on low, and he's barley getting 30fps. AtomicBaconBits

Weird, I found it to run great on my lower grade system and my friends lower grade system :?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

Your CPU is weak ArchonOver

Gonna take a Guess it's the CPU, Since it says you need 2.8 GHz and you have 1.7 Ghz.Treflis

My guess too

And for future reference, minimum specs don't mean squat, that's just so you can boot up the game. Recommended specs tell you if you can get it playable.ArchonOver

Well, usually you have to look between the two to play the game decently.

You can't tell me you need Max Payne 3's recommended specs to get it playable:|

But yeah there are a lot of games that have minimum specs that can barely run the game.

To me minimum specs = 800x600 resolution, lowest settings.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#9 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

You're not alone. My version lags like crazy too even though I have a top of the line PC. Something to do with the textures I think particularly towards the end of the game.

toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 toddx77
Member since 2008 • 3395 Posts

I have already tried turning my resolution down. I went into options and put the game on the lowest res possible but it still lagged like before. Is there anything else I can do or am I screwed until I buy a better PC?