AHHH what mmorpg do i choose???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pluto666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 pluto666
Member since 2003 • 26 Posts
For some time now i've been looking for an mmorpg to play and i just can't make a final decision. Every game has something that i like about it. WoW looks like a fun game and the millions of users agree, i love final fantasy so FFXI would be really cool, Guild Wars is FREE, and there are so many others that i could go for too. I'm building a new computer as soon as the case/power supply arrive (effin UPS) so i want to give an mmorpg a go. Please help me i'm too indecisive to decide on my own.
BloodMist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 BloodMist
Member since 2002 • 32931 Posts
Eh, WoW really is the most polished one of them all.Though i must say i am enjoying the LotR online stress test a lot, except when the server goes down, heh.
nolxev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nolxev
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
As BloodMist said... Wow could be the way to go. High rated, expansions, updates etc...
surferboyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 surferboyo
Member since 2007 • 74 Posts

You forgot about kingdom of loathing!

that game rocks!

www.kingdomofloathing.com

jremi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jremi
Member since 2006 • 241 Posts
This is coming from someone who has been playing MMORPGS since AC in 1999. Go with WoW. It's a great place to learn the MMO universe and very first time gamer friendly. FFXI is definetely not and Guild Wars is in a sense but not nearly the scale of WoW as its mainly centered around PvP.
LuffyTubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LuffyTubby
Member since 2006 • 741 Posts

stay the hell away from traditional grind fests. Guild Wars is incredible, but its not really an MMO.

If you really want an MMO then wait and pray for Age of Conan. It will be the first true casual MMO. Aimed at people who spent 10 hours or less a week playing. There is not enough content for all the loser raiders go plow through and then whine about on the forums.

And the age rating will be mature, due to all the sex and hardcore sadistic violence that the Conan franchise is known for. There will still be kiddies, but there will be fewer of them due to the maturity of the title.

Lord_DoDo56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#7 Lord_DoDo56
Member since 2005 • 960 Posts
Some good MMO's are coming out later this year (as far as we know) Age of Conan is one of 'em, Warhammer oline, Lord of the Rings online, and some more GW add-ons should hit the shelves this year. The most important thing to do is to read about 3-4 reviews of a game of interest and then narrow them down.
ElGunko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ElGunko
Member since 2005 • 128 Posts

Ive been playing battleground europe: World War Two online for years now and I still cant get enough of it. Its a realistic combined arms mmo

infantry, tanks, planes, ships, artillery you can do everything, theres a free trial i recomend you try it

red_shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 red_shock
Member since 2006 • 186 Posts
It depends on what your tastes are. If you're a casual gamer, WoW is a good choice. If you want a serious, dark and political world to explore with lots of content, EverQuest. If you can't afford anything, perhaps Guild Wars or Runescape.
t0adphr0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 t0adphr0g
Member since 2006 • 882 Posts
I know I will get flamed, but I am one of the few in here who actually like Vanguard: Saga of Heroes.
BoobyUnger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BoobyUnger
Member since 2004 • 1305 Posts
lol "runescape" i think that game is meant for little kids. its way to boring and beneath most people
red_shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 red_shock
Oh yeah, Vanguard, I forgot about that. It's another serious world to explore and made by the creators of the origional EverQuest. It's probably worth checking out.
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts
I'll say World of Warcraft as well. Lord of the Rings Online is also a casual friendly game which comes out on April so you might want to check that out too. I also came from Asheron's Call! KILL BAEL'ZHARON!
red_shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 red_shock
lol "runescape" i think that game is meant for little kids. its way to boring and beneath most peopleBoobyUnger
Most MMO people are kids, so its really just something he'll have to figure out for himself in what he can afford and what not.
dayday6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dayday6
Member since 2004 • 635 Posts
WoW is great, but time consuming. It is the first true MMO I have played. I played Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast, but that one was capped at 4 players per game. Try the free 10 day trial for W.o.W., nothing to lose but time.
ufopuller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#16 ufopuller
Member since 2004 • 6054 Posts

I'll say World of Warcraft as well. Lord of the Rings Online is also a casual friendly game which comes out on April so you might want to check that out too. I also came from Asheron's Call! KILL BAEL'ZHARON!NeoGen85

World of Warcraft - my choice too

truelove79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 truelove79
Member since 2002 • 708 Posts
WoW all the way. It just can't be beat. You would love it as would anyone who tries it. I was addicted to it for 8 months straight then had to quit cold turkey due to lack of time. And no, it's not just addicting because it's grind grind grind. It's actually a lot of fun. Everyone in the world is very friendly and helpful. You'd love it.
red_shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 red_shock

Just watch this video on someone's memories with Everquest. You aren't going to get that with modern MMOs. This game is a masterpeice that all MMOs branched off from, so it definitely is one to experience :) I highly recommend it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_b9n76F5KQ

arc_salvo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 arc_salvo
Member since 2004 • 557 Posts
Y'know, I don't much like Fantasy settings, and I love Modern/Sci-Fi settings, but even I have to recommend WOW, it's just so good, it wins over even the rpg and mmo and fantasy skeptics. Also, if you like stuff like having a house to decorate, and a deep, satisfying crafting system which involves twitch-skills, Everquest 2 is nice. Since WOW knocked it all over the park, EQ2's improved a -lot- and the Echoes of Faydwer pack (with the original game and the other expansions included) you find in EBGames/Gamestop gives you a lot of good, WOW-style quest-driven content that's surprisingly casual friendly, although not as much as WOW is, imho. If you want something that'll push your new rig graphics-wise and/or want more "realistic" graphics (rather than storybook-esque like you see in WOW) EQ2 might be up your alley too. Since I don't generally like fantasy settings nowadays (like I said), I was skeptical about EQ2 at first, but after I tried the "Play the Fey" trial (which lets you play any race, not just the Fae, it's just that your first character has to be a Fey) I got hooked.
GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts
i suggest on Guild Wars, WoW, City of Heroes/Villains, Lord of the Rings Online (soon)
zunots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 zunots
Member since 2003 • 29 Posts
How about trying EVE Online trial version. If you like it, then it's your new MMO. However, it's not a fantasy setting. It's more towards space-combat-mining-pirating stuff. And very complex. The skill system is base on time rather than kills.
pluto666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 pluto666
Member since 2003 • 26 Posts
Thank you guys very very much. I've played runescape like 5 years ago and obviously i stopped for obvious reasons. It seems like the general concensus is WoW but ill definitely be checking out Everquest and Age of Conan and a few others you mentioned. I really appreciate the help! :D
Avatar image for dreamandday3164
dreamandday3164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dreamandday3164
Member since 2007 • 70 Posts
I mostly play WoW, but guild wars looks tempting again :P Probelm is GW only goes to level 20 so you could probely get that in a week or two depending on how much you play. WoW the only down side is when your level 30 and get ganked by a party of level 70 horde.