Age of Empires 3 won't work on windows 7

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by LeadnSteel (371 posts) -

I have windows 7 ultimate 64 bit but Age of Empires 3 will notwork. I went to the site and downloaded the latest update but didn't solve the problem. I've got plenty of graphpics to handle it(8800 GT)

#2 Posted by soliderPp (1991 posts) -

In my experence with the Windows 7 beta I'd say that if it runs on XP or Vista it will run on Windows 7.

I installed probably 30 game onto my Windows 7 computer some of which included games like: Army Men,

Age of Emipres II, Rome: Total War, Theif Deadly Shadows, Half-life 2 (with episodes), Unreal 3, and

CoD / CoD:MW. I'm thinking the problem is not with Windows 7, but rather your computer and it's install

of Windows 7. If you're experenced in PC gaming then you already know that random things can go wrong

with software files. These errors can cause a game that was working 30 minutes ago to stop working or

it can cause a game to not be able to install and lauch correctly, like in your case.

When I experence trouble like that I've always found that digging though google will usually solve my problem

or at very least point me in the right direction.

#3 Posted by zomglolcats (4335 posts) -
When you say it won't work, what happens? Error message?
#4 Posted by LeadnSteel (371 posts) -

when I load it it sais please insert age of empires 3 disk and click ok

#5 Posted by simardbrad (2355 posts) -

so put the cd in then.

I hate when people say "x game doesn't work HELP ME PL0X!!1one!!111"

#6 Posted by GPAddict (5964 posts) -

so put the cd in then.

I hate when people say "x game doesn't work HELP ME PL0X!!1one!!111"

simardbrad

He is too scared. :)

#7 Posted by Ontain (25501 posts) -
did you try it in compatibility mode?
#8 Posted by belboz (1548 posts) -

Make sure you have the latest patch AOE3 patch installed. It resolves Vista issues so I guess it also applies to W7.