Age of Conan free to play, give it a try

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

#1 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

http://www.ageofconan.com/playfree

Yes it has been out a while but I challenge you to find a more beautiful MMO. I love pvp and typically loathe pve in mmo's but in this game it was the other way around. Still has pvp, but the pve is actually very fun and the quests/storylines are engaging. The melee combat feels great.

Give it a shot, nothing to lose.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
is it the full game of some ridiculous trial for like a day or 26 minutes or something?
Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 Franko_3
Member since 2003 • 5729 Posts
is it the full game of some ridiculous trial for like a day or 26 minutes or something?slvrraven9
Seems like they took Turbine model for Lord of the Ring online; you have enough room to have fun for free all the time you want, but for the full experience, take out your wallet
carlandcarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4 carlandcarl
Member since 2004 • 1251 Posts

I'll give the game a try, should be interesting and I'll let you know what I think of the game :P

tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 tanerb
Member since 2003 • 1300 Posts

i always liked conan comics, maybe worth a try

Sleepy_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Sleepy_Warrior
Member since 2004 • 683 Posts
Downloading it now. Thanks :D
xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

is it the full game of some ridiculous trial for like a day or 26 minutes or something?slvrraven9

There's no time limit but if you want to enjoy the game you will have to spend money. As a complete free accounter you have 50% less the inventory, limited to holding 2 gold. You can only play 4 c.lases. (the most boring one, in my opinion). I can't say I know that much about the game but from what I saw yesterday you can buy inventory space, mounts and gear with the microtransaction system. To me it feels incredibly greedy to have such this kind of microtranscations on top of their subscription system. From what I've understood you also gain veteran points for every month you stay subscribed and with these points you can buy stuff such as big bags etc.

I know a mmorpg is about bringing in cash but to me it felt like if I wanted the full experience, I'd have to subscribe while also spending money on these micro transcations which by the way felt rather expensive. (10 dollar to unlock one additional c.lass. They are of course unlocked if you subscribe)

So from the little I tried yesterday, I reached my conclusion that there is no way you will properly enjoy yourself without at least spending some money.

Aside from that, the gameplay(at least the melee) is fast paced and bloody with a free for all pvp system. The best combat so far in mmorpgs I've played. They are apparently introducing an even more hardcore pvp server soon I've heard. The global chat was active at all times when I was on and I saw lots of newbie freebies running around.

If you are willing to pay for a mmorpg you should really try this game out especially now with (hopefully they'll stay too) the new surge of new players. However, let's not kid ourselves, a free to play account is extremely restricted and should be called a "trial" version. Overall, I do think this game deserves more players and I think people should try it out.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
I beta tested the game before it was released, did not care for the game one bit. I won't be going back.
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts

[QUOTE="slvrraven9"]is it the full game of some ridiculous trial for like a day or 26 minutes or something?xWoW_Rougex

There's no time limit but if you want to enjoy the game you will have to spend money. As a complete free accounter you have 50% less the inventory, limited to holding 2 gold. You can only play 4 c.lases. (the most boring one, in my opinion). I can't say I know that much about the game but from what I saw yesterday you can buy inventory space, mounts and gear with the microtransaction system. To me it feels incredibly greedy to have such this kind of microtranscations on top of their subscription system. From what I've understood you also gain veteran points for every month you stay subscribed and with these points you can buy stuff such as big bags etc.

I know a mmorpg is about bringing in cash but to me it felt like if I wanted the full experience, I'd have to subscribe while also spending money on these micro transcations which by the way felt rather expensive. (10 dollar to unlock one additional c.lass. They are of course unlocked if you subscribe)

So from the little I tried yesterday, I reached my conclusion that there is no way you will properly enjoy yourself without at least spending some money.

Aside from that, the gameplay(at least the melee) is fast paced and bloody with a free for all pvp system. The best combat so far in mmorpgs I've played. They are apparently introducing an even more hardcore pvp server soon I've heard. The global chat was active at all times when I was on and I saw lots of newbie freebies running around.

If you are willing to pay for a mmorpg you should really try this game out especially now with (hopefully they'll stay too) the new surge of new players. However, let's not kid ourselves, a free to play account is extremely restricted and should be called a "trial" version. Overall, I do think this game deserves more players and I think people should try it out.

thanks a lot bro! ill try it out but i wont expect the whole shabang (naturally) since im notpaying for it. im not exactly thrilled about these micro-transaction either but it seems more and more companies are moving towards that area. i think itll be here for a LONG time before we even see its climax, unfortunatly. anywho, thanks again for the review. the game does sound fun even though its extremely limited.

macronia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 macronia
Member since 2008 • 585 Posts
I'll give the game a try when i finish the exams :)
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#11 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

I beta tested the game before it was released, did not care for the game one bit. I won't be going back. ferrari2001

The game has changed so much in the last year alone, judging it on beta is absurd.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#12 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I actually have this on cd but never got around to playing it.
Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

I bought it back when it was first released and played until around level 50. Once I got around there their weren't anywhere near enough quests to level up without farming mobs. My efforts to farm mobs were thwarted by groups of other players who roamed around intentionally stopping people from leveling.

Not exactly surprising the game had to go F2P considering the game itself and the community.