Advice for buying a Gamepad

This topic is locked from further discussion.

agallo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 agallo
Member since 2003 • 844 Posts
Whats the best out there? I heard MS 360 controller is the best. Also when on newegg I was looking at the 360 controllers and do you buy just a regular one and it will work on PC. Does it come with install software for the PC to recognize it? Im looking at the wireless one.
Profex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Profex13
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
You need to get the wireless gaming receiver to use a wireless 360 controller (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_accessories) Logitech has a nice wireless gamepad too. Although I'm still waiting for someone to make a controller in the format of a the old hammerhead fx; where you have 1 set of left/right buttons (instead of 2), and a set of left/right trigger buttons under the controller(instead of at teh top). It's such a supperior design, but everyone switched to a dual left/right button setup to match the console systems I guess.
MythofSisyphus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MythofSisyphus
Member since 2008 • 541 Posts
I have the wired 360 controller... It's pretty cool. For most of the newer games all you do is plug it in and it automatically asigns all of the buttons for you. Very convienient. I highly reccomend it.
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

I have the wired 360 controller... It's pretty cool. For most of the newer games all you do is plug it in and it automatically asigns all of the buttons for you. Very convienient. I highly reccomend it.MythofSisyphus

Thats what i was going to recommend! it will probably be the best built one and it will be by FAR the most supported out of the box!

futs22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 futs22
Member since 2005 • 1452 Posts
Some games that support the 360 controller also support a PS2 controller that is hooked up using a USB adapter. Two games that I can think of are Virtua Tennis 3 and Pro Evo 2008. However some other games that support the 360 controller, like Gears of War, don't support my Playstation controller, but for me, GoW is better played with a keyboard and mouse. Sports games on the other hand are better with a gamepad.