This topic is locked from further discussion.

SkyHighGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SkyHighGaming
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Right, about a month ago I've quit playing Diablo 3 and ever since I just can't seem to enjoy anything. I would like to play a solid RPG, preferably as a Mage. Storyline, gameplay and graphics are all very important to me, so any game older than 7 years won't be good (only exceptions for me are Gothic, Gothic II, Nox, Diablo II LoD). I own Risen, Risen 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age 2, Skyrim, Torchlight II, KoA: Reckoning, Dark Souls, The Witcher, The Witcher 2, All Gothic games, Oblivion. Are there any other interesting titles similar to the mentioned ones where you can play as a Mage? (Don't want MMO games). Thank you very much for answering :).
geitenvla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 geitenvla
Member since 2006 • 960 Posts
How about The Witcher series?
ArchDemon123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ArchDemon123
Member since 2010 • 967 Posts
[QUOTE="SkyHighGaming"]Right, about a month ago I've quit playing Diablo 3 and ever since I just can't seem to enjoy anything. I would like to play a solid RPG, preferably as a Mage. Storyline, gameplay and graphics are all very important to me, so any game older than 7 years won't be good (only exceptions for me are Gothic, Gothic II, Nox, Diablo II LoD). I own Risen, Risen 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age 2, Skyrim, Torchlight II, KoA: Reckoning, Dark Souls. Are there any other interesting titles similar to the mentioned ones where you can play as a Mage? (Don't mention Gothic 3, Arcania or Oblivion). Thank you very much for answering :).

Hi :), those exceptions are great, i take it you have actually played them Try: -Drakensang (a game like dragon age but running in a different gameplay system), it's pretty hood -Neverwinter nights (consider jumping to the second game if the first doesn't seem very visually appealing to you :) ) -Try Divine Divinity (a bit like diablo and old, BUT it doesn't look that bad. If you can't handle it, go to Divinity 2, i really liked it)
bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

any game older than 7 years won't be good SkyHighGaming
If you really want to play some good RPGs, you should forget about it having to be a modern game.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts
  • Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga - 3rd person RPG with great graphics & artwork, good writting, and - believe it or not - actual good voice acting. It's one of my favorite RPGs of this generation (released in 2010), so i highly recommend it. Playing as a mage is fun.
  • Temple of Elemental Evil with the Circle of Eight patch - The greatest rendition of the D&D 3.5 ruleset ever made. It's combat is also the greatest turn-based combat i have ever experienced, brutal, and of such satisfaction that you'll be begging for more. It looks good, it's izometric and there's a lot of breathtaking art to behold, so you will not pay attention to the fact that it's from 2003. Playing with a mage in your party is obviously fun, and well implemented.
  • Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer- D&D 3.5 ruleset, and playing as a sorcerer/wizard is, hard, but worth it in the long run. The original campaign is good, infinitely better than in NWN1, and Mask of the Betrayer is the cream of the crop, at 25 to 30 hours of length aswell. This expansion has some of the best writting and plot ever concieved, and frequently called between RPG fans the 'Planescape:Torment' of this generation.

And just because it's old, doesn't mean it wont look good, or play well. For example, Infinity Engine games running in a high resolution will look beautiful.

AcidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AcidThunder
Member since 2010 • 2332 Posts

check out sacred 2 fallen angel, two worlds 2, king's bounty armored princess, fable the lost chapters

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
Titan Quest + Immortal Throne
BeatMastaFlex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BeatMastaFlex
Member since 2011 • 75 Posts

fable lost chapters is worth a play. two worlds 2 was pretty decent

Socijalisticka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Socijalisticka
Member since 2011 • 1555 Posts

[QUOTE="SkyHighGaming"] any game older than 7 years won't be good bussinrounds

If you really want to play some good RPGs, you should forget about it having to be a modern game.

This is the correct answer. Bloodlines is the last of the roleplaying genre.

KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts

Or wait a year or so and see if maybe PE and so on turn out good... But yeah... If you want to play good rpg's then its mostly. You could play the older games (baldurs gate and so on) with some mods to increase the resolution and so on.
Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#12 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

I agree, the golden age of RPGs was over ten years ago.