User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Nova_Starpaws
Member since 2019 • 4 Posts

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 7/13/2019, 13:33:18

Machine name: [Redacted]

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

System Model: HP Compaq dx2300 Microtower

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz

Memory: 2048MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 2038MB RAM

Page File: 1503MB used, 2573MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

*awkward cough*

Any games that will work on this?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

Most games made before 2005 I think.

Nova_Starpaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Nova_Starpaws

@horgen said:

I figured they'd be really old games, but i'm wondering what kinds, or at least a list of names. I've seen some Steam lists for low-spec games, but they're either really expensive, or like one hardware update away, and I can't afford them, or modify my computer. Like jeez, i'm using Windows 7 SP 1 32 bit. Like, who uses those anymore?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 horgen  Moderator

@nova_starpaws: Black & White 2, Age Of Empires 2, GTA 2, GTA 3, GTA Vice City, The Sims 1 & 2. Depending on the GPU you got, you should be able to run these games. One thing, it has been years since I checked, but you could get GTA 1 and 2 for free from the rockstar website.

Any idea what GPU you got?

Nova_Starpaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nova_Starpaws

@horgen: It's a AMD ATMOSBIOS, and the Graphics Card my monitor is currentyl hooked up to, is a AMD Firepro v4900.

I also might not be able to respond much, because of the five post a day limit for those under 25 posts.

:/

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 437 Posts

To be frank, while that's not a very powerful computer, you could work with it as far as gaming goes if you could find a decent contemporary graphics card for it. Would not recommend a modern one though. Something around 128-256 MB of ram at the most.

The Pentium 4 is going to make things difficult for some of the more or less basic task and is going to severely limit you in the games you can play right now. And the Ram...well while upgrading it to 4 GBs will slightly offset the disadvantages of the Pentium 4, don't exactly expect it to make miracles.

One thing though is that while the Pentium 4 is typically a single core processes, it seems like yours happens to have hyper-threading since it's showing up as 2 processes. That will give you a slight advantage, but again it's not much.

You'd be better off if you where to buy something that's newer with a PCI-E X 16 2.0 or later and equipping a modern low wattage graphics card to it, perhaps something like a Nivida gt 1050 or an RX 560. Or, you could take a chance at a refurbished pc with something like a Nivida GT 1030, I got one for about $250 with 8 GB of ram, a core I5 3000 something and a 500 GB hard drive, windows 10 os.

As far as I know, Here's what I believe will work with your current rig and is available on steam without a graphics card. I've taken the liberty of adding a short description, though I imagine you've probably heard about most of them or can tell what they are by their name.

Civilization 3: A game where you take a civilization from the stone age though the modern age, turn based. Probably the single best game you could buy for your current system.

Sim city 4 Dulex edition: A city building game where you build a city in the modern era.

Immortal cities Children of the Nile: A city building game where you build a city in ancient Egypt.

Angry birds: A game where you launch birds at a fosters with the aim to taking out all of the pigs.

Game Dev Tycoon: a Simplistic simulation game where you try and build a video game company. You start out as a single one man developer team in your garage in the late 1970's and work your way up to the modern gaming era.

Rail Road Tycoon II: A game where you try and build a railroad empire.

Fallout 1 & 2 (Not 3, 4, 76 or New Vegas) Post apocalypse game taking place after a nuclear war between China and America.

Sonic CD: Sonic the hedgehog

Stardew valley: A game where you try and grow a farm from scratch, basically Harvest moon for the PC

Tradewinds I & II: A game where you play as a merchant trading ship and must battle pirates and perform missions for the local governors.

Here's what will probably work but isn't on steam (as far as I know)

Age of empires II (not the HD edition): A RTS game revolving around dark and medieval warfare.

Moon Tycoon: A game about building a base, and eventual economy, on the moon. (Or an Asteroid)

School Tycoon: A game where you basically build a school.

Sim city 3000: A city building game, less demanding than 4

Mall tycoon II: A game where you run a mall

Sim theme park: A game where you run a theme park.

Roller coaster Tycoon: Similar to Sim theme park, but foucsing more on roller coasters

Any of the Yu-Gi-oh Power of chaos games (Joey the passion, Yu-gi the Destiny and Kiba the Revenge):

Basically the classic Yu-gi-oh Card game but for PC. Contains no cards made past the battle city arch.

Now if you where to have a dedicated graphics card with at least 128 MB of graphics memory, then here's what will more or less work with what you have: (Some may work without one but I'm not sure)

On Steam:

Civilization IV: Similar to civilization III, but with more features and better graphics

Flatout: A racing game, not much else to say about it

The Sims 3 (Would only recommend having one expansion pack at most though): A game where you can live an alternate life as a single person or as a whole family.

Spore:

Take a creature from a single celled organism to a space faring interstellar species.

Age of empires 3: A Real time Strategy game revolving around the Colonial and Imperial age.

Hearts of iron III: Sort of like a real time version of the Total war series, except revolving around world war II.

Victoria II: Similar to Hearts of Iron III, Except revolving around the Victorian Era

Medieval II, Total war: A turn biased strategy game revolving around the medieval ages

The original Rome, total war: same as Medieval 2, except revolving around ancient Rome.

Farming simulator 2013: A modern farming game where you get to drive actual farming equipment and grow your farming business.

Euro truck tycoon: Drive a truck around Europe delivering tractors from place to place.

Civ City Rome: A city building game which takes place in ancient Rome.

Spectra Ball: A game where you try to get from place to place as a rolling ball (In a 3D world)

Star Wars Battlefront II (Classic 2005 version) Basically go around as a CIS Droid, Strom trooper, Clone Trooper, or rebel fighter in iconic star wars locations. (Make certain you only buy the version that came out in 2005, not the more recent 2017 version!)

Tropico 3: A game where you build a city on a tropical island.

Call of duty 2: A classic world war II FPS. You get to play as the Soviets, Americans, and British in the Campaigns.

Not on Steam: (Again, as far as I know)

NASCAR 2005, chase for the cup: A Nascar game, but a fun one.

Halo, combat evolved: Fight the alien army known as the covenant on a ring world known as Halo.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 horgen  Moderator

@nova_starpaws said:

@horgen: It's a AMD ATMOSBIOS, and the Graphics Card my monitor is currentyl hooked up to, is a AMD Firepro v4900.

I also might not be able to respond much, because of the five post a day limit for those under 25 posts.

:/

That's a work station GPU.

You're really out of luck gaming with this one.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts
@nova_starpaws said:
@horgen said:

I figured they'd be really old games, but i'm wondering what kinds, or at least a list of names. I've seen some Steam lists for low-spec games, but they're either really expensive, or like one hardware update away, and I can't afford them, or modify my computer. Like jeez, i'm using Windows 7 SP 1 32 bit. Like, who uses those anymore?

Unreal Tournament 2004 - one of the best