This topic is locked from further discussion.

sami117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sami117
Member since 2008 • 650 Posts

I'm a realativley new Pc gamer, (14 bought a nice pc a year ago for the genraly superior experiance) And when i bought my Pc i told myself that i would play the classics before i played any thing newish... Modded and played Baulders gate(1 & 2), torment, Arx Fatalis blah blah blah, and i found Diablo 2 to be one of the best, But now after a few disagreeable updates people are going to skip it, because its "consolized". Its pc only.... even if it were consolized lets give it a chance... just because theyre Blizzard and we love them... (and the Online store... its not mandatory, its just a cool feature so stop getting angry about it)

daveydark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 daveydark
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts

it will be a must buy for sure. not just because of the hype, but because blizzard rocks!

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Fun > no fun, so I'll sure as hell buy it. Day one, Collector's Edition. I'm not cool enough to take moral stances and be idealistic, you know.

timma25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 timma25
Member since 2005 • 1131 Posts

Bad news after bad news has taken it off from a day 1 purchase... gunna have to wait and see some opinions on it first.

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

They can keep their game because of the online all the time DRM. It would be booting me from SINGLEplayer since I don't really do multi for this type of game? Yeah, not happening.

My backlog is big enough and we have enough other good games coming down the line that I have no problem skipping titles like this.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

If they said from the start it's going to be like Guild Wars, nobody would complain. They made a mistake selling it as a SP game for the past two years.

malebog123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 malebog123
Member since 2010 • 243 Posts

nope, it's off my "to buy" list with that stupid drm crap. Fortunately, there are more better games coming out on pc to keep me busy for a long time.

Silicel1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Silicel1
Member since 2005 • 2342 Posts

Well it started as a day one purchase but more and more news about the game surface and those are disturbing to me, for instance the single player, I know that many will say that having a internet connection is like second nature but if I want to play it at work where I dont always have internet access then I cant play, but hopefully there will be a workaround to this and be able to do it. Most likely going to wait for some reviews and some oppinions then I will purchase it,

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
Honestly, I'm not too sure if I want to play it now.
IcyToasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 IcyToasters
Member since 2007 • 12476 Posts

It looks good, but the online-all-the-time in order to play any mode is completely rediculous.

Moriarity_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Moriarity_
Member since 2011 • 1332 Posts
Blizzard hasn't disappointed me yet so I'll take a chance and get D3 day 1.
Grodus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Grodus5
Member since 2006 • 7934 Posts

Blizzard makes good games. Simple as that. If these whiners don't want to play a good game because of their high and mighty ideals, let them miss out. Me, I didn't very much care for Diablo II because I didn't get it on release, I only got it recently. However, playing Torchlight made me like the genre, and I'll be sure to pick up Diablo III the first time it drops about 10 bucks due to a sale, as I will probably already be playing Skyrim, Skyward Sword, and a bevy of other games late this year.

Reach-The-Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Reach-The-Myth
Member since 2010 • 453 Posts

If they said from the start it's going to be like Guild Wars, nobody would complain. They made a mistake selling it as a SP game for the past two years.

Baranga
Agreed.
3aNkabot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 3aNkabot
Member since 2008 • 620 Posts
I'll pass, because of some of the news about the game, I don't think I can find time for it considering games soon to be released .
darktruth007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 darktruth007
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts

Yeah I'll still buy it, in spite of the lame gear for $$$ system and internet-only policy - because it is looking like it will most very likely be one of the greatest action rpgs ever made.

I agree blizzard is getting a little crazy with all it's corporate control schemes (which support their corporate agenda more than they accommodate it's player-base) - but short of massive protests or a boycott (which will never happen) - there isn't much that can be done about it - unless you either a) personally decide not to purchase it or b) aquire it through other - substandard - methods.

Silicel1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Silicel1
Member since 2005 • 2342 Posts

Blizzard makes good games. Simple as that. If these whiners don't want to play a good game because of their high and mighty ideals, let them miss out. Me, I didn't very much care for Diablo II because I didn't get it on release, I only got it recently. However, playing Torchlight made me like the genre, and I'll be sure to pick up Diablo III the first time it drops about 10 bucks due to a sale, as I will probably already be playing Skyrim, Skyward Sword, and a bevy of other games late this year.

Grodus5

Good luck with that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-6243ee9902175

Grodus5

Good to know that you call people who stick to their ideals whiners. Does that make you a sheep for following the majority because its Blizard?

Baranga

Agreed, they did themselves no favors by marketing it as a hybrid and then coming out with that announcement.

BLaZe462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BLaZe462
Member since 2002 • 1432 Posts

Why are you whining about whining seems kind of hypocritical. Personally I don't mind the AH I just hope the game is fun.

Grodus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Grodus5
Member since 2006 • 7934 Posts

[QUOTE="Grodus5"]

Whiteblade999

Good to know that you call people who stick to their ideals whiners. Does that make you a sheep for following the majority because its Blizard?

And what ideals are you upholding? The fact that gamers shouldn't have to be connected to the internet to play a mostly multiplayer game? Yeah, it stinks that you can't play it offline, this coming from someone with a highly unstable internet connection on occasion. Is it a decision that deserves the flack it gets? Not necessarily, most people have access to constant internet. If they are traveling or something, yes, that does stink, I won't argue with you there. But am I going to not buy the game because I can't play it when I'm waiting in the airport? If I wanted a game that I could do that with, I'd pick up a game for my 3DS.

Online auction house? Great, don't use it. Problem solved. Literally, its gone just like that. Now someone might reply "ZOMG PEOPLE CAN BUY STUFF!" People can also farm bosses to get good equipment, too, should we remove random drops as well?

Now, I'm no sheep, no Blizzard fanboy, I'm just saying some people who would miss a good game because of a notion of some very abstract ideals are missing out.

Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts
[QUOTE="Whiteblade999"]

They can keep their game because of the online all the time DRM. It would be booting me from SINGLEplayer since I don't really do multi for this type of game? Yeah, not happening.

My backlog is big enough and we have enough other good games coming down the line that I have no problem skipping titles like this.

Same her. When a game talks about micro transactions and drm they can keep it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-6243ee9902175

[QUOTE="Whiteblade999"]

[QUOTE="Grodus5"]

Grodus5

And what ideals are you upholding? The fact that gamers shouldn't have to be connected to the internet to play a mostly multiplayer game? Yeah, it stinks that you can't play it offline, this coming from someone with a highly unstable internet connection on occasion. Is it a decision that deserves the flack it gets? Not necessarily, most people have access to constant internet. If they are traveling or something, yes, that does stink, I won't argue with you there. But am I going to not buy the game because I can't play it when I'm waiting in the airport? If I wanted a game that I could do that with, I'd pick up a game for my 3DS.

A game that has singleplayer removed for the sole reason of wanting to keep the whole game online is doing it for control. I have problems with a company trying to control a product like that when it was marketed like that because these systems often fail horribly. Older games have servers shut down all the time and the Ubisoft authentification servers for their DRM was down for something like a week so people couldn't play AC2. Not to mention there is no reason for it, in a multiplayer game you sort of have a good reason but a singleplayer game gets no benefits from it.

I haven't supported this type of thing along with activation limits since the concept was introduced and I won't now. When the pirates stop getting the better version (No-DRM) then I'll consider it.

Da_lil_PimP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Da_lil_PimP
Member since 2006 • 4241 Posts

Don't give a crap about the online only part. Didn't affect me in SC2 and my connection hardley drops. Whiners gonna whine.

judahstarguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 judahstarguy
Member since 2003 • 261 Posts

Let me tell you a little secret. Even with the amount of rage you won't have to worry about people skipping it. It will break sales records when it's released and it will be an experience to look back on in the future and say, "that was a blast".

judahstarguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 judahstarguy
Member since 2003 • 261 Posts

[QUOTE="Grodus5"]

[QUOTE="Whiteblade999"]

Whiteblade999

A game that has singleplayer removed for the sole reason of wanting to keep the whole game online is doing it for control. I have problems with a company trying to control a product like that when it was marketed like that because these systems often fail horribly. Older games have servers shut down all the time and the Ubisoft authentification servers for their DRM was down for something like a week so people couldn't play AC2. Not to mention there is no reason for it, in a multiplayer game you sort of have a good reason but a singleplayer game gets no benefits from it.

I haven't supported this type of thing along with activation limits since the concept was introduced and I won't now. When the pirates stop getting the better version (No-DRM) then I'll consider it.

If by control there come's increased security then by all means control, because the number 1 thing that killed Diablo 1 and 2 multiplayer was the amount of cheats. Single player Diablo is o.k. and for the MINORITY that goes for this I feel for them, but multiplayer is where it's at even if you don't party up. Getting involved in the economy is a big part of the fun.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58439 Posts

never played Diablo 2 for the singleplayer, dont imagine I would play Diablo 3 for it either

Only thing I did not like about Diablo is that you cant take your offline characters online, and vice versa, like with Titan Quest. Other than that, its just a fun, simple,pure, and mindless game.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#27 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Fun > no fun, so I'll sure as hell buy it. Day one, Collector's Edition. I'm not cool enough to take moral stances and be idealistic, you know.

Baranga
I'm an idealist and I must agree with this. :P lol. Day one CE version! Hard copy.