AAA upcoming games yet this year?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

VeryBumpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 VeryBumpy
Member since 2008 • 1718 Posts

Seems there isn't much to look forward too this year on PC. March was it.

Mafia2 and Dead Rising 2 are the only two that could be worthwhile. Ghost Recon, Alpha Protcol, Conviction, Just Cause2, Blur, KaneLynch, etc all look to be mediocre, fairly dumbed down ports.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca
deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca
Member since 2005 • 1890 Posts

Mafia2 and Dead Rising 2 are the only two that could be worthwhile. Ghost Recon, Alpha Protcol, Conviction, Just Cause2, Blur, KaneLynch, etc all look to be mediocre, fairly dumbed down ports.

VeryBumpy
lol... You've missed alot of games.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Maybe it's just me but I believe your problem is that you listed all the mediocre games even those that you're looking forward to except Alpha Protocol, might be god, but so far it's underwhelming.

Here's some of the great ones:

Setlers 7

GTA IV Episodes from Liberty City (yeah yeah yeah some hate it, performance sucks, the story isn't original like some horrible mediocre game they might list)

Majesty 2: Kingmaker

Starcraft 2 (should be released this year)

Runaway: A Twisted Fate

F1 2010 (made by Codemasters)

Tropico 3: Absolute Power

Brink

Disciples 3: Renaissance

Monkey Island 2 SE

Max Payne 3 (hopefully it'll be great but I'm looking forward to it)

Arcania: A Gothic Tale (Gothic 4)

Crysis 2

Portal 2

But sure if you don't like adventure games and RTSs, I guess it wouldn't be a good year for you.

_Tobli_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 _Tobli_
Member since 2007 • 5733 Posts

Alpha Protcol all look to be mediocre, fairly dumbed down ports.

VeryBumpy

How dare you question the development talents of Obsidion *shakes fist* :evil: .

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
Starcraft 2? Portal 2 ? ( a Valve game is always better and most supported on Pc ) Elemental War of Magic ? from Stardock that made galactic civ and expansions and all got AAA here ( this and Portal 2 are my most anticipated games ) Civilization V ? ( need i say anything about civilization? ) Guild Wars 2 ? ( i think is coming this year ) Wow cataclysm ? APB ? ( an interesting and promising MMO ) Amnesia: The Dark Descent ? ( New horror adventure game from creators of Penumbra series ) Need for Speed World ? ( a free MMO based on NFS universe that features all the maps from previous NFS games ) Natural selection ? ( One of the best MP mods of Half life is getting a sequel as a standalone game) and there are alot more games to look forward to but those are games that will likely be AA and AAA games and most of them are exclusive
dsgsdfgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dsgsdfgf
Member since 2005 • 1004 Posts

Victoria II should be released this year. There you have a game that is miles from being a dumbed down console port.

ProudLarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 ProudLarry
Member since 2004 • 13511 Posts

No offense to the TC, but I didn't even know anyone cared about the games you mentioned. Maybe Just Cause 2 and Mafia 2, but you didn't even mention one big name title like StarCraft 2, Portal 2, or Civ 5. Those three alone are almost guarenteed a 9+ score.

VeryBumpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 VeryBumpy
Member since 2008 • 1718 Posts

But sure if you don't like adventure or strategy games and RTSs, I guess it wouldn't be a good year for you.

DanielDust

This seems to be the issue, never even heard of many of the games being listed in this thread. LOL. Also, not so sure Portal2 and Crysis 2 will be out this year.

NoctisCaelum52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 NoctisCaelum52
Member since 2009 • 1359 Posts
Starcraft II = AAA + A = AAAA Title
_Tobli_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 _Tobli_
Member since 2007 • 5733 Posts

Arcania: A Gothic Tale (Gothic 4)

DanielDust

I look forward to seeing how this game turns out. I did cringe for a moment because you wrote Gothic 4 though. Since this dev hasn't proven themselves in this genre, and i adore Pirahna Bytes rpg's.

alvaro_pg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 alvaro_pg
Member since 2003 • 330 Posts
IMO this year is turning out to be one of the best of the last few when it comes to pc games... ME2, Bad Company 2, Medal of Honor, Civ 5, Starcraft 2, Cataclysm, Dead Rising 2, Mafia 2, Portal 2, Metro 2033, Victoria II, Settlers 7, Brink...
STOCKMAN22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 STOCKMAN22
Member since 2010 • 415 Posts

VeryBumpy

While Mafia 2 and Dead Rising 2 will be 2 of the best pc games of the year i dont think that they are the only good pc games for 2010. Convicttion, Just Cause 2 KaneLynch will also be AAA games. Not forget True Crime 3 Arkam Aslym 2 Spec ops Haunted:Demon forge, Scivelation, Lost Planet 2 e.t.c And a lot other pc games that are not announced yet. The new Mechwarrior game will also be a AAA game.

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
[QUOTE="STOCKMAN22"]

[QUOTE="VeryBumpy"]

While Mafia 2 and Dead Rising 2 will be 2 of the best pc games of the year i dont think that they are the only good pc games for 2010. Convicttion, Just Cause 2 KaneLynch will also be AAA games. Not forget True Crime 3 Arkam Aslym 2 Spec ops Haunted:Demon forge, Scivelation, Lost Planet 2 e.t.c And a lot other pc games that are not announced yet. The new Mechwarrior game will also be a AAA game.

I highly doubt all of those will be AAA games. Maybe one of them Arkham Asylum 2 and it isn't even coming out this year....
Doomsong83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Doomsong83
Member since 2010 • 108 Posts

Guild Wars 2 is next year. Anyway, lots of great games are already out this year that I'm hoping for a slow summer so I can catch up and play them all!

couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#15 couly
Member since 2004 • 6277 Posts
Atman: Arkham Asylum 2 could be the only AAA title coming out.
darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
Bad company 2 and dow CR is lasting me
webby1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#17 webby1
Member since 2004 • 4014 Posts
Starcraft II = AAA + A = AAAA TitleNoctisCaelum52
Starcraft 2 = AAAAA title :o *mind blown*
zerosaber456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 zerosaber456
Member since 2005 • 1363 Posts
There's also the new COD and MOH. I believe Batman Arkham Asylum 2 is coming out this year. Mafia 2 and Alpha protocol are considered AAA titles in my books
ventnor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ventnor
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

Perhaps HL2, Episode 3? Who knows rumors haven't been confirmed but I would only find it logical to come near the same time as Portal 2

badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts
Lost Planet 2 Portal Mafia 2 Brink APB Starcraft 2 Super street fighter 4 (if capcom makes PC port )
STOCKMAN22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 STOCKMAN22

Arkam Aslym 2

Lost Planet 2

Just Cause 2

Kane&Lynch 2

Mafia 2

True Crime

Transformers

Alpha Protocol

Haunted:Demon forge

Splinter cell conviction

Fallout new vegas

Brink

Rage

Force Unleasehed 2

are only few of the AAA titles coming to pc this years

Farkeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Farkeman
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts
Dont forget Fallout New vegas ! hope it will be just as good as FO3
STOCKMAN22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 STOCKMAN22

And BlazBlue calamity trigger is another AAA titles for pc. After Street fighter 4 this will be the second fighting game for pc.

OgreB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 OgreB
Member since 2004 • 2523 Posts
It's funny how people equate an upcoming AAA game with it actually being any good...! Just look at how many AAA games have failed in the last few years....some were epic failures...just look at the latest CnC game ! Somebody mentioned Kane and Lynch...lol
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
[QUOTE="OgreB"]It's funny how people equate an upcoming AAA game with it actually being any good...! Just look at how many AAA games have failed in the last few years....some were epic failures...just look at the latest CnC game ! Somebody mentioned Kane and Lynch...lol

It was supposed to be AAA? imo all the recent C&C games are failures, except RA 3 which was decent, different, definitely not serious, but fun, Uprising was a disaster and the Tiberium series went bad ever since they released 3...and when I say bad I mean pathetic excuse for a game.
_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts
[QUOTE="adamosmaki"]Starcraft 2? Portal 2 ? ( a Valve game is always better and most supported on Pc ) Elemental War of Magic ? from Stardock that made galactic civ and expansions and all got AAA here ( this and Portal 2 are my most anticipated games ) Civilization V ? ( need i say anything about civilization? ) Guild Wars 2 ? ( i think is coming this year ) Wow cataclysm ? APB ? ( an interesting and promising MMO ) Amnesia: The Dark Descent ? ( New horror adventure game from creators of Penumbra series ) Need for Speed World ? ( a free MMO based on NFS universe that features all the maps from previous NFS games ) Natural selection ? ( One of the best MP mods of Half life is getting a sequel as a standalone game) and there are alot more games to look forward to but those are games that will likely be AA and AAA games and most of them are exclusive

Great list. :)
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Mafia 2, alpha protocol, and perhaps splinter cell conviction, i got doubts. Also rage,and deus ex 2 if released any time soon New vegas and the witcher 2 in the rpg section.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

[QUOTE="VeryBumpy"] Alpha Protcol all look to be mediocre, fairly dumbed down ports.

_Tobli_

How dare you question the development talents of Obsidion *shakes fist* :evil: .

The reason it looks mediocre is because unlike mass effect it will have big maps, therefore graphics must die.
Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

Starcraft II is the only guranteed AAA as even if its a steaming pile (not that it will be) it will get high scores.

MellowMighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MellowMighty
Member since 2008 • 691 Posts

No offense to the TC, but I didn't even know anyone cared about the games you mentioned. Maybe Just Cause 2 and Mafia 2, but you didn't even mention one big name title like StarCraft 2, Portal 2, or Civ 5. Those three alone are almost guarenteed a 9+ score.

ProudLarry

I agree except for Im not sure Portal is a lock. Dont get me wrong, Portal was an amazing game. Im not much of a puzzle gamer, and yet Portal was a refreshing experience, a game with as much charm as any I´ve played. But thats why I´m not sure the sequel will be quite as good. Portal was a slightly bizarre puzzle game that really was just refreshingly original, in humor, character, etc. It´s hard to make a sequel the same way. Also... personally I feel that the core gamelay of portal, while great, had its limits. There´s a reason to original game was very very short. Maybe I´m not creative enough, but t seemed to me they kept introducing new ways to abuse the portals... it was perfectly done... but I don´t think there´s much MORE to do. WHat other puzzles can they think up without it getting old? Portal managed to take the relatively simple mechanic, and yet every level felt different.

MondeEdlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MondeEdlu
Member since 2005 • 181 Posts

i havent heard of half the games some of you guys mentioned (pc devs definately the worst at hyping games), not sure all will be a lock for aaa, seems like its just a list of games that are coming out. Apart from starcraft, mafia and 1 or 2 others, i dont know if any really epic (not the company) games are coming out, also my standard of epic may be > or < than aaa here.

Sephyzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 Sephyzero
Member since 2004 • 38 Posts

starcraft 2.

need i say more?

madmenno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#33 madmenno
Member since 2004 • 1528 Posts

starcraft 2.

need i say more?

Sephyzero
Nope, untill then i'm gonna play settlers 7 (i so hope it sticks to original game more) and some older tycoon/strategy games for my "Let's play" channel.