a wow addict seeking for a cure

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bryan2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bryan2020
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts

sorry for posting such a thread but i am desperate

i cant stop playing world of warcraft to the degree that my life is gettin missed up and from where im at i cant find any help except on the internet can anyone please guide me to a way or help me on anyway by posting would be really appreciated

rgrds brian

burnside_121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 burnside_121
Member since 2006 • 83 Posts
Go cold turkery bro, uninstall the game and smash the disks and do something else to get your mind off of it. But if you're really effed up and can't get your mind off of it buy a 24 pack and get some hookers.....
Xcelerate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Xcelerate
Member since 2004 • 599 Posts

Agree with the canceling account, uninstalling, and smashing game disks.

Disagree with the...risky behavior.  Instead, study hard in school, work hard at work,  go camping or hiking, or find some other, less addictive games to play.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

Just do what I did, realized that all this time I'm wasting doing the same repetitive task that is raiding for purplez to improve my character, instead I could be improving ME! Gets easy from there, some stupid toon of a game that will be deleted and fergotten in a years time? Or do something good for yourself now that will benefit YOU!

A-S_FM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 A-S_FM
Member since 2004 • 2208 Posts

with everquest, i gave my character away to a friend, who promptly sold it - a character it took me thousands of hours - literally - to develop

that's the problem with wow, you can be back there in a few months again - no matter how developed you character was

but - delete all your characters, close down your account, snap your discs

and take up a new hobby - teach yourself latin, start playing the piano, become a chronic masturbator (like you weren't already!)

there's plenty of other wonderful things you can do - just quit wow, all it takes is willpower, it's not like you're genuinely addicted

you just choose to be 

Tiny_Hutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Tiny_Hutch
Member since 2005 • 212 Posts

i say keep playing, you dont think all these hours you put into the game are gonna pay off?

....that was sarcasem

lol_waffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 lol_waffles
Member since 2006 • 1826 Posts

i cant stop playing world of warcraft to the degree that my life is gettin missed up and from where im at i cant find any help except on the internet can anyone please guide me to a way or help me on anyway by posting would be really appreciated

rgrds brian

bryan2020
Do what I did: Delete all your characters, cancel payment for your account, and throw out the disks.
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

rgrds brian

bryan2020
Try BF 2142. Its a great transition from WoW because it has ranks etc, but isnt nearly as hard to quite due to bugs/pissy kids.
ttomm1946

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ttomm1946
Member since 2004 • 1871 Posts

Ok..Listen to what you said..The game has become where it's not fun anymore..Keep that part in mind..Then cancel your account...find a game that has a goal..strategy or shooter.. whatever and concentrate on winning..You don't win diddly on WOW.

Also try a hobby like fishing or something..Get out and drive around.. I'm sure wherever you live there are things to see you haven't even thought of.

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
Cold Turkey is the best way to go....uninstall and be free!
footballa27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 footballa27
Member since 2006 • 1109 Posts
this is what i did to get off WoW,i deleted my characters, i cancelled my account and snapped the disks in half. and after tht i decided to treat my self wit a good vacation to universal studios florida and the beach. im telling you this works TRUST ME!
FaceMelter93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FaceMelter93
Member since 2005 • 916 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/driving/bigrigsotrr/index.html?q=big%20rigs

Cured.

You'll never want to play a game again.

gamerchris810

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gamerchris810
Member since 2007 • 2372 Posts
ya play the worst game in history of games, then u wont go near another game. i fear games such as this ---> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sold-Out-Software-Sea-Monkeys/dp/B000077W0F/ref=sr_1_7/203-0057611-1755941?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1175382491&sr=1-7
mark4091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mark4091
Member since 2007 • 3780 Posts
eat sunflower seeds, and go cold turkey.
MrSoftie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MrSoftie
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

lol you guys, i jsut unistalled it and went out side, it helps to see a girl as soon as you walk out side it hleps you realize that, well you jsut wasted a chunk of your life and need to do some thing that means some thing, so i played Quake...

just kiding, just go out side and hang with freinds if you got some. 

BeErBOnG29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BeErBOnG29
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
You need to delete your characters, stop your payment, and snap your discs like everyone else has said. If you don't do these three things, you WILL go back to it. It's sad, really.
gozalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gozalo
Member since 2003 • 1102 Posts

Its this guys First Post so I'm gonna call this another WoW diss thread.

These threads are getting real old, real fast.

TruSake1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TruSake1
Member since 2005 • 123 Posts

DO NOT DESTROY YOUR STUFF,

instead:

Send me your PC, your game and give me your account number to play the game.
send to: 3144 SW 43rd St Miami, FL 33186

I'll be waiting for it, oh, and please send priority.

Mikedogg05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mikedogg05
Member since 2003 • 740 Posts

DO NOT DESTROY YOUR STUFF,

instead:

Send me your PC, your game and give me your account number to play the game.

TruSake1
if that is your real address... your smart....
Tyler120890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Tyler120890
Member since 2006 • 70 Posts
How can you be sooo addicted..honestly I have played the game for 4 years I have 1lvl 70 and 3 45+ I have played on and off if you are really addicted you can always go to the rehabiltation labs in London..or Tokyo.
Mikedogg05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mikedogg05
Member since 2003 • 740 Posts
How can you be sooo addicted..honestly I have played the game for 4 years I have 1lvl 70 and 3 45+ I have played on and off if you are really addicted you can always go to the rehabiltation labs in London..or Tokyo.Tyler120890
I love how you have been playing the game for 4 years when its 2007, the game came out in late 2004... you couldnt have even played for 3 years dude...
MrSoftie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MrSoftie
Wow sucks! nice one mikedogg
Avatar image for Theguywithshirt
Theguywithshirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Theguywithshirt
Member since 2007 • 213 Posts
Or.... you could just play counterstrike and get addicted on that. problem solved... yeah...
Avatar image for Theguywithshirt
Theguywithshirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Theguywithshirt
Member since 2007 • 213 Posts
[QUOTE="Tyler120890"]How can you be sooo addicted..honestly I have played the game for 4 years I have 1lvl 70 and 3 45+ I have played on and off if you are really addicted you can always go to the rehabiltation labs in London..or Tokyo.Mikedogg05
I love how you have been playing the game for 4 years when its 2007, the game came out in late 2004... you couldnt have even played for 3 years dude...

The game was released as beta for about half a year before it was released in retail, so you could just round the years off and SAY 4 years.
fiveball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 fiveball
Member since 2004 • 123 Posts
get a job and skydive. You spend all your time working to jump. There you go, incentive and timekiller.
chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#27 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts

The fact that you seeking to help yourself is a very good sign, so all is not a bad. Frankly, I don't know too much about the game, I have never played it. However, I think this goes for an addiction of any sort.

First distance yourself from the game, uninstall, cancel account etc. And then find something creative and positive to do. There is no point in trading one addiction for another. So make sure whatever it is that you are doing, is not going to have an adverse effect. And once you take that step, you will want to go the distance yourself. Hence you are 'cured'. Good luck with everything :)
cnlst8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cnlst8
Member since 2003 • 98 Posts

3 easy steps for WoW addiction

1. Uninstall your game.

2. Cancel your account or get your account banned.

3. Find something else to fill the void. 

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

rgrds brian

bryan2020
well it's wasting money 1st of all, 2nd it's wasting your time in "better world" such as MMORPGs addicts think if you won't erase this game and brake the cds - i can always hack to your computer and erase it + if you want me to make sure that you won't install it again i can always destroy your computer :)
bryan2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bryan2020

first of all thanks to all of you it really did help me through it

i did uninstalled the game and deleted everything associated with it i throwed my discs away , and im trying to find something else to do with my spare time atm , i know its a small move but i thank you all from my heart.

bryan

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GeryGo  Moderator

first of all thanks to all of you it really did help me through it

i did uninstalled the game and deleted everything associated with it i throwed my discs away , and im trying to find something else to do with my spare time atm , i know its a small move but i thank you all from my heart.

bryan

bryan2020
good, now lets move to the 2nd step....ablactationing you from heroin :)
GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GeryGo  Moderator

lol you guys, i jsut unistalled it and went out side, it helps to see a girl as soon as you walk out side it hleps you realize that, well you jsut wasted a chunk of your life and need to do some thing that means some thing, so i played Quake...

just kiding, just go out side and hang with freinds if you got some. 

MrSoftie
lol if you got some
devilshorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 devilshorn
Just delete your chars and uninstall. sell the disks if u want cuz breaking them is just sick. once your chars are gone, you'll start getting annoyed by the fact that you have to make new ones and quit
bryan2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 bryan2020
to be honest i dont have any friends except study friends whoem spend most of their time studying and dont hangout at all , i guess thats why i spendid way too much time in wow ..... back to books btw some may think im exaggerating but ask any medical student . like if it matters and it deosnt silly me sorry for posting this and thanks for all the good inputs rgds bryan
ShotGunBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ShotGunBunny
Member since 2004 • 2184 Posts
If you can't cure yourself of it, then you're in for something.

Happy 1st of April!
-Raekwon-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 -Raekwon-
Member since 2007 • 122 Posts
2 words... Master Bation :wink:
SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#37 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

I was recently in the same position, but I had the added advantage of being utterly pissed off at how bad raiding and PvP is in TBC. Thats what finally got me to quit. I cancled my acount and trashed my disks and given how bad my bandwidth is at the university there is no way I could DL the clients.

I am looking for somehting else to fill my free time now. Thinking of either CS:S since my RL friends still play that or Starshatter (I am a huge fan of Freespace style space sims). Maybe now I can also finish Dreamfall.

So yeah, my recomendation is cancel your account and destroy your disks, then find something not MMO to play where you can actually win and enjoy it.

lokstah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lokstah
Member since 2005 • 1213 Posts
[QUOTE="TruSake1"]

instead:

Mikedogg05

If you think that's his real address... you're smart...
lokstah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lokstah
Member since 2005 • 1213 Posts

rgrds brian

bryan2020
The solution has to lie in the heart and the crotch. I'm not talking about going out and getting furiously laid--I'm talking about competing interests in your head you can appeal to. You've got to think about basic human drives--food? Well, unfortunately, you can *eat* while playing WoW. You've also go the ability to *sleep* during non-WoW sessions. No help there. But what about cultivating a social life, and your natural drive to attract a mate? You've *got* to comprehend that cooping yourself up for the purpose of power-leveling your CG elf doesn't make you a fantastic catch. Think about the little ladies, Bryan. (Or the guys; whatever spins your beanie). That's *got* to be a competing interest in your body which has the power to wrench you from your downward spiral into supreme geekdom. Oh, and happy April Fool's Day.
tehrealdoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tehrealdoa
Member since 2006 • 168 Posts
I guess I am not the best person to give you advice because I tried to stop playing, I even sold my epic level 60 (back when it mattered) and after a few months all my friends still play the game and I am left playing FPS and RTS games by my self. and Now I am back playing the evil game lol
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
the only cure is to play till you realize how crappy/pointless the game is. it took me 2 months. it was a fun game, but item grinding is not what a MMO should be about
pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts
ask yourself why you started playing in the first case...for fun right? well sounds like your no longer having fun! i suggest going out, watching a movie (i reccomend goodfellas) OR SWITCH TO A LESS ADDICTIVE GAME such as ummm brothers in arms!
Full-Throttle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Full-Throttle
Member since 2004 • 2432 Posts
I am not sure how long you have been playing this. The main reason it is so difficult to quit the game is because if you have invested alot of time into it. Then pretty much you have been abusing your friends and all other aspects of life such as work and so on. Which means if you quit you have really nothing else to do. Meaning that the temptation grows even higher to go back to a world where you think you are something. I actually just quit umm, like 3 weeks ago. I have been lucky because I have a extremely steady job and that keeps me busy. Now though I am on a week off and I might go stir crazy and have to come back to the game. Really though realize this, I had invested alot of time pre burning crusade. Then once the addon came out, all of my gear and so on, is pretty much obsolete. So what is really the reason to play after hitting 7, if they are going to do it again. My suggestion to you is quit and start playing other games as almost a helper to get off the wow drug and then eventually just start doing other things to entertain your time, until your completely off of it.
ffanatik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ffanatik
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
There's no such thing as gaming addiction. People just take these things way too seriously. You shouldn't need anyones help in quitting a game. Go to your character list screen and delete all of your characters. Problem solved.
AlexRadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AlexRadu
Member since 2006 • 89 Posts
get an uber-gf :D... u'll need to spend lots of time with her, and not an effin game >_> :) it's a few weeks since i quit wow and all other mmos... and i feel great.... (but i wasnt a maniac)
six_shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 six_shot
Member since 2007 • 1388 Posts
Cold Turkey is the best way to go....uninstall and be free!Staryoshi87
yes then play Starcraft :)
Taijiquan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Taijiquan
Member since 2002 • 7431 Posts
[QUOTE="TruSake1"]

instead:

Mikedogg05

As if this information is hard to get anyway....

darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts

rgrds brian

bryan2020
Install a hack, say you're hacking and show you're hacking in a public area, get banned. After that even if you get back into it you'll never have your good characters again.
BeErBOnG29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 BeErBOnG29
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
There's no such thing as gaming addiction. People just take these things way too seriously. You shouldn't need anyones help in quitting a game. Go to your character list screen and delete all of your characters. Problem solved. ffanatik
No such thing as an addiction? Obviously you haven't seen or heard stories of people playing MMOs 8+ hours a day. I'm sorry, but if you're doing anything besides sleeping or working for 8 hours a day, you're an addict. Delete of all your characters doesn't solely solve the problem, thats like telling an alcoholic to simply throw away his beer. "Problem solved." Ha. Your analogy fails. I do agree with you that he shouldn't need anyone'es help, but you act like it's the most simple thing to overcome. It's not.
w00tcolors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 w00tcolors
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts
You have to take it slow, smashing the discs is just going to make you more desperate, slowly play less and less warcraft and spend that time playing other things.