deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

One little thing that might be overlooked into why PC gaming is the most enjoyable to game on then any other platform is gaming on a monitor I feel so much more immersed in a game on my desktop then I do when I play my PS4 on my TV. Does anybody else feel this way? I'm playing the new God of War on my PS4 and boy do I miss my monitor and mouse and keyboard. I know I would enjoy this game so much more if it was on the PC.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Eh, I play on a laptop. But that's what I like about PC gaming, you can play anyway you like. Like mouse and keyboard? Good for you. Like a controller? Hook one up. Like some crazy weird control scheme? As long as it's got USB it's compatible. Like a monitor? Again, good. Like playing on a TV? Hook it up to a TV. Want to stream games from your PC? We've got something for that too. There's a million different ways to set up a PC.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58304 Posts

Yeah I agree. There is nothing inherently wrong about gaming on a TV and sitting away from it, but I am nonetheless painfully aware that I am still in my living room, looking at all this space in my peripheral vision despite having a 50" TV in front of me.

Conversely, my relatively small monitor seems all the more bigger and more immersive because, on a screen-size-to-distance-from-screen ratio, it scales better than a TV.

But @theone86 said it best, diversity is the spice of life.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#4  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

I agree that the flexibility of PC is what makes it amazing. I just play the way that best suits the game or my mood. In terms of monitors and TVs, it all depends on the size of the screen and the distance you sit from it. I obviously sit very close to my monitor, but I also don't sit far from my big screen TV. I try to optimize the viewing experience for both setups. I have an OLED TV, so the quality of the picture is much better than my monitor, but my monitor has 144hz and G-Sync. So, there are trade-offs and I enjoy using my PC with both.

couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 couly
Member since 2004 • 6277 Posts

There is nothing quite like playing Far Cry 5 in 4K with a mouse and keyboard inches from a screen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

My PS4 pro is hooked up to my monitor. So best of both worlds.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
@warmblur said:

One little thing that might be overlooked into why PC gaming is the most enjoyable to game on then any other platform is gaming on a monitor I feel so much more immersed in a game on my desktop then I do when I play my PS4 on my TV. Does anybody else feel this way? I'm playing the new God of War on my PS4 and boy do I miss my monitor and mouse and keyboard. I know I would enjoy this game so much more if it was on the PC.

I'm playing GoW on my PS4 connected to my PC 32'' curved gaming monitor.

BEST of BOTH Worlds :)

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@FelipeInside said:
@warmblur said:

Nice if only the game had universal mouse and keyboard support I'm horrible with those time runic puzzles I know if I had a mouse I wouldn't be missing so much.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@warmblur said:
@FelipeInside said:
@warmblur said:

Nice if only the game had universal mouse and keyboard support I'm horrible with those time runic puzzles I know if I had a mouse I wouldn't be missing so much.

I'm bad at controllers too but it's just a bit of trial and error and practice.

God of War is amazing though, 10/10. Worth buying a whole PS4 just for that game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@israelijoshua said:
@warmblur said:

I know what your are going through, does your PC monitor have and extra HDMI port so you can connect the PS4 to it?

It might but I'm to lazy to go through with it lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

That's why my TV is going to be huge. There's no point if it's under 65 inches. I'm not planning to play my PC games on it; it will just be for my movies and PS4.

Avatar image for sargeant_blain_cooper
Sargeant_Blain_Cooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sargeant_Blain_Cooper
Member since 2018 • 6 Posts

I like the fact that there was always a bigger freedom with PC gaming compared to other platforms. For example - modding communities. The fact that you could sit there and create a new map for people to enjoy, or create a new scenario, script, improve graphics to make it hyper-realistic etc. Besides, there are sorts of games that do not appear on consoles. For example rFactor or Automobilista. The latter is considered by me to be the most realistic race-sim game when it comes to physics and sound design.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b01abbec19e9
deactivated-5b01abbec19e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5b01abbec19e9
Member since 2018 • 104 Posts

You do realise you can hook a PS4 up to a monitor and a PC up to a TV, right?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@mario54324 said:

You do realise you can hook a PS4 up to a monitor and a PC up to a TV, right?

Of course but without the mouse and keyboard support to me it's not worth the hassle.

P31C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By P31C
Member since 2017 • 10 Posts

Nah, streching my arms and putting them on the table to hold mouse and keyboard, also sitting on a chair isn't comfortable for me. While playing my PS on a couch, I just hold the controller close to me and don't strain my arms, also I can spread my legs, as I'm not limited by a table.