A "real professsional review" of Divinity 2 for a change!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kokonut1971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 kokonut1971
Member since 2007 • 443 Posts

Here is a complete and honest review of the game compared to what the crappy review of gamespot gave!

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/divinity2egodraconis/player_review.html?id=701126&tag=player-reviews;continue;3

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
There is nothing wrong with the Gamespot review. You Divinity guys need to get over the fact that not all of us think the game is good.
Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
You mean any review that has a score of 9 or higher?
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
There is nothing wrong with the Gamespot review. You Divinity guys need to get over the fact that not all of us think the game is good.millerlight89
I am gonna have to agree on the fact that the gamespot review is not very professional but milerlight is right, the game is not that underatted because you divinity fans like it so much. Infact there are many people who dont like the game. In simple words, you are making it such a big deal!!
F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
Divinity 2 never had a chance, coming out so soon after Dragon Age. It will be forever lost in the depths of indifference and mediocrity. DA will overshadow any RPG in 2009 and 2010.
True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#6 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

TL: DR

Avatar image for Game-over-death
Game-over-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Game-over-death
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts

at the whole making a big deal bit... I think DAO got a bit more hype than it deserved, but having said that both of these games aren't bad... I really enjoyed my time playing both

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#8 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

I really enjoyed my time playing both

Game-over-death

Same with me bud. Sure I think Dragon Age is slightly better, but in the end I have had TONS of fun playing both these rpgs.

Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts
Just because you think Divinity 2 is hot *** means gamespot's review is bad?
Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts
1. High score =/= "professional" 2. Big words and big paragraphs =/= "professional" 3. Underrating or giving low scores =/= "unprofessional" 4. User/community review =/= "professional" To quote James Rolfe, "It's just a game, so who gives a ****?"
krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#11 krazyorange
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts

Your review is far from professional, sir. I am a professional game journalist and former Editor-in-Chief of Go! Gaming Giant, and I can assure you that your review is not very good. Don't boast about your review first and foremost. Secondly, your rhetoric is childish and does little-to-nothing to convince anyone of your vantage point. And your grammar and writing style is very juvenile. Better luck next time.

If you honestly want to learn how to write a professional review, send me a PM and I can give you a few honest pointers. A high score does not mean your opinion is superior to anyone else's; most times, inflated scores are ignored. And most importantly, remember that your review is precisely that: your opinion. Your job is to convince readers why your opinion should matter, using evidence and superior rhetoric.

Avatar image for RichardStallman
RichardStallman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RichardStallman
Member since 2009 • 1233 Posts

Your review is far from professional, sir. I am a professional game journalist and former Editor-in-Chief of Go! Gaming Giant, and I can assure you that your review is not very good. Don't boast about your review first and foremost. Secondly, your rhetoric is childish and does little-to-nothing to convince anyone of your vantage point. And your grammar and writing style is very juvenile. Better luck next time.

If you honestly want to learn how to write a professional review, send me a PM and I can give you a few honest pointers. A high score does not mean your opinion is superior to anyone else's; most times, inflated scores are ignored. And most importantly, remember that your review is precisely that: your opinion. Your job is to convince readers why your opinion should matter, using evidence and superior rhetoric.

krazyorange
*goes to site* *checks AC2 review* *4.5 out of 10* *no mention of great graphics, characters, and beatiful music* *Matt Hazard gets a 6.0* Haha, no thanks. I will stay away from that site for now.
tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts
[QUOTE="krazyorange"]

RichardStallman
*goes to site* *checks AC2 review* *4.5 out of 10* *no mention of great graphics, characters, and beatiful music* *Matt Hazard gets a 6.0* Haha, no thanks. I will stay away from that site for now.

i agree with this person
cybrcatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 cybrcatter
Member since 2003 • 16210 Posts

krazyorange
Who are you talking to? The person who wrote the review hasn't posted in this thread. Better luck next time.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#15 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

krazyorange

The review he posted ISNT HIS, its just a random user review from gamespot.

Dr_Brocoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dr_Brocoli
Member since 2007 • 3724 Posts
[QUOTE="krazyorange"]

RichardStallman

Since when do graphics make a difference if a game is good or not? Gameplay >>> graphics. Rule #1 of pc gaming.
zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts
That review was far too wordy and wasn't really a review. It was more of a description of the game with some blogging thrown in.
krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 krazyorange

[QUOTE="RichardStallman"][QUOTE="krazyorange"]

tony2077ca

i agree with this person

I guess the phrase "former Editor-in-Chief" means nothing to you: congratulations.

Born_Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Born_Lucky
Member since 2003 • 1730 Posts

There is nothing wrong with the Gamespot review. You Divinity guys need to get over the fact that not all of us think the game is good.millerlight89

There's a lot wrong with the GS review.

'

All the things they took points off from Divinity are the same things that are wrong with DA - it's just - they didn't take any points off DA for the same things.

'

DA has broken quests - no points taken off

'

DA does NOT have good voice acting or writing - no points taken off

'

DA has a clunky, badly implemented battle system, yet they pretend it's "amazing" - no points taken off.

'

DA has a lousy story - no points taken off

'

DA has horrible graphics, ALL other recent RPGs look much better - no points taken off

'

etc., etc..

zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]There is nothing wrong with the Gamespot review. You Divinity guys need to get over the fact that not all of us think the game is good.Born_Lucky

'

All the things they took points off from Divinity are the same things that are wrong with DA - it's just - they didn't take any points off DA for the same things.

'

'

'

DA has a clunky, badly implemented battle system, yet they pretend it's "amazing" - no points taken off.

'

'

DA has horrible graphics, ALL other recent RPGs look much better - no points taken off

'

etc., etc..

Leave it to you to show up in a thread totally not related to DA to bash DA. Don't you have other hobbies aside from bashing Dragon Age?
krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 krazyorange

[QUOTE="Born_Lucky"]

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]There is nothing wrong with the Gamespot review. You Divinity guys need to get over the fact that not all of us think the game is good.zomglolcats

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

etc., etc..

Leave it to you to show up in a thread totally not related to DA to bash DA. Don't you have other hobbies aside from bashing Dragon Age?

Seriously, where did this come from? All the things you noted, by the way, are erroneous. Dragon Age is a PC RPG, not some flashy xbox FPS or watered-down game. It's a massive RPG; in case you've been under a rock your entire gaming life, RPGs do not rely on graphics and voice acting (in fact, it's only been a recent occurence for RPGs to have entirely spoken dialogue). The story is almost unanimously considered to be very good. The battle system is a traditional RPG battle system - it's not supposed to be an action game.

cybrcatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cybrcatter
Member since 2003 • 16210 Posts

[QUOTE="tony2077ca"][QUOTE="RichardStallman"]

"Your review is far from professional, sir. I am a professional game journalist and former Editor-in-Chief of Go! Gaming Giant, and I can assure you that your review is not very good. Don't boast about your review first and foremost. Secondly, your rhetoric is childish and does little-to-nothing to convince anyone of your vantage point. And your grammar and writing style is very juvenile. Better luck next time.

If you honestly want to learn how to write a professional review, send me a PM and I can give you a few honest pointers. A high score does not mean your opinion is superior to anyone else's; most times, inflated scores are ignored. And most importantly, remember that your review is precisely that: your opinion. Your job is to convince readers why your opinion should matter, using evidence and superior rhetoric."

*goes to site* *checks AC2 review* *4.5 out of 10* *no mention of great graphics, characters, and beatiful music* *Matt Hazard gets a 6.0* Haha, no thanks. I will stay away from that site for now.krazyorange

i agree with this person

I guess the phrase "former Editor-in-Chief" means nothing to you: congratulations.

If you honestly want to learn how to dis a fellow poster, send me a PM and I can give you a few honest pointers. A large ego does not mean your opinion is superior to anyone else's; most times, inflated egos are ignored. And most importantly, remember that your post is precisely that: your opinion. Your job is to make readers forget that you were talking to someone that had not partaken in this thread, using evidence and superior rhetoric.

rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
It's Kevin's view of the game, it doesn't make the review unprofessional.
kokonut1971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kokonut1971
Member since 2007 • 443 Posts

The whole point while i read kevin's review is that he felt he should have been in another game instead.

Bland, bland, this, bland bland that. and so on and so forth.

If you look at dragon age, it is the same archetypes, same kind of situation as divinity nothing new. it just looks cooler because of all the gimmicks in the game but basically it aint better than any arpg out there.

Ok Dragon age might be a technical achievement but divinity is no slouch too. As clear as day you can see that the reviews are biased and if the game is hyped up it will get great scores. And if it is coming out from europe usually the game do not score that high on the gamespot scale which just proves that gamespot just serves as a hype machine for certain companies and games while not being fair to ohter game.

When you play a game you have to look at it for what it is and not what it should be compared to other games of the same genre. I know it is hard to do so, very hard but to be fair to the people who are reading the review, if you are comparing the game you are playing to another game in the back of your mind you should advise people that you are doing so to be fair.

devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 devious742
Member since 2003 • 3924 Posts

i was wondering what this was all about.... it turns out its

taxonomic

I swear gamespot should just hire him for the pc section... his reviews are really good.. just like his risen review :P

Avatar image for RichardStallman
RichardStallman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RichardStallman
Member since 2009 • 1233 Posts

[QUOTE="krazyorange"]

[QUOTE="tony2077ca"] i agree with this personcybrcatter

If you honestly want to learn how to dis a fellow poster, send me a PM and I can give you a few honest pointers. A large ego does not mean your opinion is superior to anyone else's; most times, inflated egos are ignored. And most importantly, remember that your post is precisely that: your opinion. Your job is to make readers forget that you were talking to someone that had not partaken in this thread, using evidence and superior rhetoric.

Owned.
hyttenhoof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hyttenhoof
Member since 2009 • 320 Posts

[QUOTE="tony2077ca"][QUOTE="RichardStallman"] *goes to site* *checks AC2 review* *4.5 out of 10* *no mention of great graphics, characters, and beatiful music* *Matt Hazard gets a 6.0* Haha, no thanks. I will stay away from that site for now.krazyorange

i agree with this person

Why should that ever be an argument? If anything, it just shows that you were incapable of staying there

PTMags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PTMags
Member since 2006 • 783 Posts

[QUOTE="cybrcatter"]

[QUOTE="krazyorange"]

RichardStallman

Owned.

+1

I tried to give Divinity 2 a chance, I really did. I played it for about 12 hours, I just couldn't keep going. I have plenty of other unfinished/unplayed games that are more deserving of my extremely limited free-time. 6.5 is a fair score imo, I would have probably given it a 6.

Cruxis27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Cruxis27
Member since 2006 • 2057 Posts

Oh my.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#30 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

What is going on here lol

Everybody just needs to "mellow" out here DUDES!

jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts
I find it bizarre that a thread like this was revived for reasons having nothing to do with the release of remastered and expanded version of Divinity II.
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts
[QUOTE="krazyorange"]

RichardStallman

I'd like to add onto this, "Borderlands 7.5/10." Meh, bit harsh I think it deserves more than that. Army of Two 40th day ... 9/10 /facepalm!