A Minecraft adventure.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 wigan_gamer
Member since 2008 • 3293 Posts

Hey people I found this video of a guy playing minecraft, I had heard of it but never actually played it until I saw part of this series (currently still watching it.)

If you are on the edge about getting it or just want to see a new player starting out (it is entertaining), then watch this series there are like 30-40 vids 13-15 min in length, I am only on about 20 right now.

Just thought I would share for any of you out there who have yet to try/see minecraft yet :) It helped me for when I started so I figured it might help someone else.

Oh my days! I forgot the link! bah I am an idiot (I have linked to episode one).... X's Adventure

Also thanks to the use below mentioning another adventure here is the link to his channel - AtomAround Adventure

Enjoy people :D Feel free to discuss anything minecraft in here.

Ikavnieks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Ikavnieks
Member since 2007 • 2848 Posts
A link would help. Search for the user "AtomAround" and look under his playlist for minecraft, I think he's nearing 70 videos of it now.
Frenzyd109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 Frenzyd109
Member since 2007 • 2276 Posts
70 videos??? It's still in alpha, there's not even that much to do. Thats impressive.
Suffca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Suffca
Member since 2008 • 666 Posts

I've been watching Sea Nanner's "Let's play" videos. The game seems to be really awesome. I may pick it up since it's 50% off while in alpha.

jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts

I spend 15 minutes building my little house and am just finishing the roof when I turn around to see a green zombie thing hopping toward me. I try to run, but too late--BAM! He explodes upon impact taking with him almost all my health and three quarters of my new home.

I didn't watch enough of the video--I thought the guy was joking when he said something about demons coming out at night.

Frenzyd109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 Frenzyd109
Member since 2007 • 2276 Posts

I've been watching Sea Nanner's "Let's play" videos. The game seems to be really awesome. I may pick it up since it's 50% off while in alpha.

Suffca
So have I, they don't come out fast enough!

I spend 15 minutes building my little house and am just finishing the roof when I turn around to see a green zombie thing hopping toward me. I try to run, but too late--BAM! He explodes upon impact taking with him almost all my health and three quarters of my new home.

I didn't watch enough of the video--I thought the guy was joking when he said something about demons coming out at night.

jedinat
That's why you stay indoors at night!
Ragingbear505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Ragingbear505
Member since 2008 • 819 Posts

Got the game on Tuesday. I haven't done anything since. Right now I have a Fortress of Doom that I am carving out of the most massive mountain near my spawn, so far I've removed half the dirt, and am currently carving the stone down into sheer walls to keep creepers from scaling it. On top I built a massive watch tower that reaches the vertical limit, has huge glass windows, and has strategically placed torches to light it up and make it easy to find my way home. My mine currently extends down to the bedrock and I have dredged up some lava to make my lava moat. The only problem I've had is that I went a little overboard with the lava and I've got this massive lavafall that is scorching the valley below and it's difficult to carve around, I'm also paranoid that when I expand I'll hit it accidentally and flood some of my chambers.

wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wigan_gamer

jedinat
Haha The same thing happened to me, I had a really bad spawn and was so unlucky to find no coal at all when I was mining around in the first day. I started worrying as the sun was setting so I decided it was too late now so I made a small entrance that nothing could get in and hid in a small room. I managed to survive the night but took a little damage from a skeleton. When I came out in the morning a creeper fell right on me and killed me lol, and it revealed a little more of the area I was in, and it revealed coal no more than 3/4 blocks in from where I was, it made me laugh because I was looking for coal for ages in a much deeper location and found nothing.
wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wigan_gamer
70 videos??? It's still in alpha, there's not even that much to do. Thats impressive. Frenzyd109
You really think there isn't much to do? I can't stop playing this lol
wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wigan_gamer
A link would help. Search for the user "AtomAround" and look under his playlist for minecraft, I think he's nearing 70 videos of it now.Ikavnieks
Thank you! I think that is a different user to the one I was watching... although you have just stolen some of my life because I know I will end up watching them a lot.
i-like-pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 i-like-pie
Member since 2005 • 4070 Posts
I just bought the game. I built my own castle but I couldnt figure out how to create fire ;D
wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wigan_gamer

I just bought the game. I built my own castle but I couldnt figure out how to create fire ;Di-like-pie
How to create a torch or you mean like the lava? A torch is one stick plus coal. Lava I don't think you can create or collect (maybe you can collect with a bucket or something but I just havn't found out how yet)

i-like-pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 i-like-pie
Member since 2005 • 4070 Posts

[QUOTE="i-like-pie"]I just bought the game. I built my own castle but I couldnt figure out how to create fire ;Dwigan_gamer

How to create a torch or you mean like the lava? A torch is one stick plus coal. Lava I don't think you can create or collect (maybe you can collect with a bucket or something but I just havn't found out how yet)

I figured it out. I dont like looking everything up on wikias. I like to explore things on myself first ;d Anyway thanks for the help
jettpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 jettpack
Member since 2009 • 3192 Posts

this game is amazing.

wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wigan_gamer

this game is amazing.

jettpack
Yeah I am addicted, I just wish I had the starting point that X finds later in his videos.... I won't spoil it but its such a sweet spot. Mine always suck haha
hypoty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hypoty
Member since 2009 • 2825 Posts

Awesome game, and it just passed 100,000 sales as well. Considering what has been added and what's going to be added in the future, there's no limit to how magnificent this game will be. Now if I could just find some diamonds.

jettpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jettpack

[QUOTE="jettpack"]

this game is amazing.

wigan_gamer

Yeah I am addicted, I just wish I had the starting point that X finds later in his videos.... I won't spoil it but its such a sweet spot. Mine always suck haha

i cant wait for more updates. like more advanced pysics like for trees falling. and more features. mining is awesome, but more enemy types and maybe more types of terrain, like swamp or forest. The crafting system is so fun as well.

Half the fun of this game is just pointing in a direction and just saying "im gonna go over their and see what i can see" and then doing it.

jettpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jettpack

Awesome game, and it just passed 100,000 sales as well. Considering what has been added and what's going to be added in the future, there's no limit to how magnificent this game will be. Now if I could just find some diamonds.

hypoty

100000? really? thats awesome! im so happy for the guy, most indie stuff gets pirated.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

He had a meeting with Valve last week.

jettpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jettpack

He had a meeting with Valve last week.

Baranga

really?!!!! OMG THAT MAKES ME SO HAPPY!!!!!! ive always wanted to see valve do some open world stuff. i bet if he get hired he will be working on procedurally generated content for L4D3

wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 wigan_gamer

[QUOTE="hypoty"]

jettpack

100000? really? thats awesome! im so happy for the guy, most indie stuff gets pirated.

I couldn't pirate this I would feel bad lol. I agree that half of the fun is just exploring. I just hope that the updates keep the graphics the same as they are. Better gameplay with the same graphics would be awesome... my computer would struggle to have such a large map if it had insane graphics.

What I would like to see is just multiplayer up and running well (which is planned) and more monsters/types of terrain and maybe more items to craft. But I mean there is a ton to do at the moment more stuff is never bad :)

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

Funny, my friend mentioned this game to me the other day and I was like.. never heard of it. Sounds dumb. I watched the first video in your link and said "what the hell is this" right before the guy commentating did :)

But I did watch his vid and the game itself seems really cool. It would've been great to jump in without ANY idea as to what's going on, but I probably would've just skipped it.. after watching some gameplay it looks pretty interesting.

And it's pretty neat that people set up servers and play online with each other. I am definitely intrigued.

wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 wigan_gamer

Funny, my friend mentioned this game to me the other day and I was like.. never heard of it. Sounds dumb. I watched the first video in your link and said "what the hell is this" right before the guy commentating did :)

But I did watch his vid and the game itself seems really cool. It would've been great to jump in without ANY idea as to what's going on, but I probably would've just skipped it.. after watching some gameplay it looks pretty interesting.

And it's pretty neat that people set up servers and play online with each other. I am definitely intrigued.

MyopicCanadian

I would not advise going into the game without any idea what to do, you will just die on the first night, although it might be funny, you would get frustrated eventually. Even though I watched quite a few of X's adventure (probably half) I still died on my first early morning (second day) due to creepers.

As for the multiplayer there isn't any survival multiplayer available yet which is what a lot of players want to see, but it is coming and I think it will be out when beta arrives. There are multiplayer servers to mess around or play a few games on but I prefer survival to those. When multiplayer survival comes out I think this game will be bumped up to a 9/10 for me lol :)

I am not going to say definately buy it, but you should consider it. I have even dropped starcraft 2 to play/watch videos of minecraft now haha.