A little help for a new pc gamer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tomsten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 tomsten
Member since 2005 • 556 Posts
well its been a while since i could play pc games without them slugging along so i finally decided, its time to get a new one but in the process, completly forgot, i know nothing about computers, i have about 600 pound to spend, give or take, searching the internet i found this http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/advent-cbe1401-04153059-pdt.html looks like hell i know but was wondering what you guys think of it for the price, if you have suggestions, please tell, remember im not the most technical of guys, i struggle with lightswitches never mind computers so not to in depth please cheers
yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts

it honestly is not that bad for that price. and with a decent graphics card you could always upgrade some day.

tomsten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tomsten
yeah that was my main concern was the graphic card, i saw a few videos on the internet of it running starcraft 2 at the highest setting pretty well but the games i plan on playing all seem to be beasts, such as crysis, changing graphic cards im guessing ent that hard but with the amount of cards that are out, i wouldnt know what to upgrade to
yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 yellosnolvr
well, if you want to go big, the 5870 is sure to run crysis 2 pretty well, and runs crysis almost flawlessly unless at ridiculous resolutions and AA settings.
tomsten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tomsten
thank you lots for the help! anything else you can suggest that i can do to increase performance?
xboxmad12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 xboxmad12
Member since 2009 • 575 Posts

you wouldnt notice a small decrease in effects in games that would smooth the gameplay but if all you really want is graphics then you will need to invest in the best

Cruxis27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Cruxis27
Member since 2006 • 2057 Posts

That is a great PC to start with. If you can get one with a slightly better gfx card, great.

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 yellosnolvr
thank you lots for the help! anything else you can suggest that i can do to increase performance?tomsten
i dont know really. perhaps somewhere down the road upgrade the processor as well. 4gb of ram is pretty good and it seems like the motherboard isnt a cruddy one and actually has gaming capabilities (pci slots and such) great for a starter though. and you'll be able to run almost any game at high settings with good fps, but not something extreme like metro 2033 in dx11, crysis with high AA and enthusiast settings, etc.