a good hack and slash type RPG???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

8balllll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 8balllll
Member since 2007 • 286 Posts
i havent really plaed an RPG in generel since the Final fantasy/PS1 days, and lately ive been craving a good RPG to seep into

but i would prefer a hack and slash type over turn based, i was thinkin maybe checkin out oblivion, but ive heard ALOT of ups and ALOT of downs about oblivion, so id like to hear some suggestions fronm u guys of what i should take a look at
Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts
two worlds is not bad to be honest if you have a high end rig and no life. -_-
Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts
Diablo 2. The end all of hack and slashes. If your comp isnt over 5 years old you won't have a problem handling it :D.
NeoTiger122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NeoTiger122
Member since 2006 • 36 Posts
Titan Quest, Oblivion is pretty good with mods.... Hellgate London is coming out, Demo sucks. But I heard the beta is MUCH better!
lrrydaqcumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 lrrydaqcumber
Member since 2007 • 190 Posts
diablo and titan quest are good try those
Avatar image for theshadowhunter
theshadowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 theshadowhunter
Member since 2004 • 2956 Posts

titanquest+ its expansion is as good as it gets with hack and slash

Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts

He asked for a TURN BASED RPG, not a not turn based crappy RPG with no story

Japanese turn based RPGs for the PC don't exist ( except FF7 and 8 ) and IMO CRPG are much better. Turn based CRPGs work differently

TOP 10 CRPGs for me:

01. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (best PC game ever, only Metal Gear Solid has a better story)
02. Jade Empire ( not turn based )
03. Fable: The Lost Chapters ( not turn based )
04. Neverwinter Nights 2
05. The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion ( not turn based )
06. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
07. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines ( not turn based )
08. Planescape: Torment
09. Gothic 3 ( not turn based )
10. Fallout 2

I haven't played The Witcher and NWN 2: Mask of the Betrayer yet, but I'm very certain they are great

angnr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 angnr
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

He asked for a TURN BASED RPG, not a not turn based crappy RPG with no story

Japanese turn based RPGs for the PC don't exist ( except FF7 and 8 ) and IMO CRPG are much better. Turn based CRPGs work differently

TOP 10 CRPGs for me:

01. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (best PC game ever, only Metal Gear Solid has a better story)
02. Jade Empire ( not turn based )
03. Fable: The Lost Chapters ( not turn based )
04. Neverwinter Nights 2
05. The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion ( not turn based )
06. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
07. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines ( not turn based )
08. Planescape: Torment
09. Gothic 3 ( not turn based )
10. Fallout 2

I haven't played The Witcher and NWN 2: Mask of the Betrayer yet, but I'm very certain they are great

Darth_Kane
ehm ...actually wrong, he DID in fact ask for NON-turn based games ("i would prefer a hack and slash type over turn based"), As far as your list goes its pretty accurate, give or take a few positions dependent on personal choice, however i would also add Devil May Cry 3 + 4 in there for hack and slash fun. 3 i got really into, and 4 isnt that deep or long but has great combat so i forgive it. So yea stuff id add to the list would be (in no particular order): Sacred 2: Fallen Angel (downloading atm from steam) Devil May Cry 3 / 4 Dungeon Seige 2 + expansions (basically Diablo II clone but prettier and with more stuff u can do) Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (awesome combat style in first person hack and slash, no need to be a caster or a melee or a ranged, u get to be all 3 ...very well :D ) also - i dont have it myself but found the demo surprisingly enjoyable - Bloodrayne 2, tho like i said iv only tried the demo so have no idea what the full game is actually like Jedi Knight II - (i know it starts off as a shooter but once u get your lightsaber and are fighting hordes of sith it becomes a fantastic hack and slasher) nothing more satisfying than the combo where u force pull someone onto your outstretched lightsaber before decapitating his buddy mid backflip
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#9 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
two worlds is not bad to be honest if you have a high end rig and no life. -_-Xeros606
i have it sitting on my shelf. i think i'm going to find some voiceover mods and graphics mods then play it and love it. other games you should play are titan quest, and even though it's turn based, there is last remnant which looks interesting.
Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#10 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts

Sacred might fit the bill too.

Deltaforce-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Deltaforce-
Member since 2007 • 314 Posts

Try Mount & Blade. You can play the demo for free until level 6. It's basically a medieval combat game at heart with a lot of hack and slashing; but has strategy and rpg elements too.

StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

[QUOTE="Xeros606"]two worlds is not bad to be honest if you have a high end rig and no life. -_-paullywog
i have it sitting on my shelf. i think i'm going to find some voiceover mods and graphics mods then play it and love it. other games you should play are titan quest, and even though it's turn based, there is last remnant which looks interesting.

Two Worlds was a surprise game for me...I was surprised with how much I liked it, once I got into the world and the game mechanics.

I'd say Gothic 3 three is a good one too, now that the bugs have been worked out of it.