$6 on my Paypal, what to get on D2D?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

It looks like this week's offerings on D2D are the last games I'd consider spending money on (no budget Indie games for me) - what game should I pick up for $5? Coop and other multiplayer is a huge plus, but isn't necessary. I already own Civ 4, and Far Cry.

Neverwinter Nights 2 has always fascinated me, but I might have a hard time getting my 13 year old brother into it - and the game's character development is a little too slow for my taste. If it's the best thing on here by far though, I'll definitely pick it up.

I used to have the original TQ but I lost it. The game was fun but lacks replayability since it lacked randomly generated areas.

Any recommendations or suggestions?

Avatar image for Charles_Dickens
Charles_Dickens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Charles_Dickens
Member since 2009 • 1693 Posts

I'm assuming that you've played Bioshock? You can't go wrong for five dollars. But Neverwinter Nights is an incredible RPG. It's not an action-RPG, mind you. But I highly highly recommend it. You should try to get the five dollars together and buy it regardless.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KHAndAnime

I'm assuming that you've played Bioshock? You can't go wrong for five dollars. But Neverwinter Nights is an incredible RPG. It's not an action-RPG, mind you. But I highly highly recommend it. You should try to get the five dollars together and buy it regardless.

Charles_Dickens
I've played Bioshock but only for an hour or two - wasn't really a fan to be honest but I might get it considering it's only 5 dollars.
pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts

You couldn't get into Baldur's Gate 2, no? I haven't played either, but DnD might not be your style.

You can try Titan Quest Bundle or Riddick...

idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 idk761
Member since 2008 • 3229 Posts
I am in the same position as you, but I am leaning toward Silent Hunter 3
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KHAndAnime

You couldn't get into Baldur's Gate 2, no? I haven't played either, but DnD might not be your style.

You can try Titan Quest Bundle or Riddick...

pvtdonut54

I think BG2's age kept me from getting into it. But you might just be right. Anyone have any opinions on Eve Online? And Silent Hunter 3 looks pretty good. In fact, now that you mention it - it looks like the best candidate. Kind of wish it was Silent Hunter 4 though. :P

N0d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 N0d0
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts

I got Riddick on D2D recently, two games for $5 is an amazing deal.

idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 idk761
I just bought silent hunter 3 and downloading at 1.5mb/s.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KHAndAnime
I just bought silent hunter 3 and downloading at 1.5mb/s.idk761
If you get a chance, tell me your first impressions. I've bought many great sims before but it took me months to get into some of them. It'd be nice if this one isn't too complicated to get into from the get-go.
pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts

[QUOTE="pvtdonut54"]

KHAndAnime

I think BG2's age kept me from getting into it. But you might just be right.

I'm always right. :x

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts

X-Com Complete.

idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 idk761
[QUOTE="idk761"]I just bought silent hunter 3 and downloading at 1.5mb/s.KHAndAnime
If you get a chance, tell me your first impressions. I've bought many great sims before but it took me months to get into some of them. It'd be nice if this one isn't too complicated to get into from the get-go.

I have done the tutorials, and it is complicated, but the interface is well done, where you won't be struggling for awhile. Probably 1-2 more hours of game time, and I will know the controls, etc greatly. The tutorials can be a pain, but you don't have to do them, you can just do it for a little while to get use to it. Depending on the difficult/realism "level" it can be an arcade or sim game, or a mix. I prefer the realism part, because launching those torpedo give you a great feeling when you hit something
Avatar image for Charles_Dickens
Charles_Dickens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Charles_Dickens
Member since 2009 • 1693 Posts

Speaking of Bioshock.

My first time through I made it halfway, then stopped. I just lost my Mojo. My first 5 hours with this game were mind-blowing. Just a couple of months ago I attempted to re-install the game to see if I could actually finish it and discovered that I had a scratched disc and that the game wouldn't install.

So when Bioshock went on sale for $5 at D2D I bought it. I had forgotten how good Bioshock is. The funny thing is that this second time I'm more grounded about the title, and I'm actually enjoying it more. It's just a really great game that you can play for hours without even noticing the passage of time - suddenly two hours are just gone from the clock.

Just this afternoon, I took a look at some of the reviews. This one caught my eye. Would we describe this review as... glowing? LOL!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/r_bioshock_pc360