5970 2 card crossfire benches!!!/review!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

aura_enchanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 aura_enchanted
Member since 2006 • 7942 Posts

right from hexus.net

in farcry 2 its nearly double the power of a 2card sli gtx 295!!! holy crap O.o (thats without oc)

barely rises 5 frames over the gtx 295 n modern warfare 2 on lower resolutions but again kicks it senseless as it goes up.

it seems to trip and flal on crysis howevr this could be bad driver support however i feel its very minor b/c it keeps the loses to a minimum (just 2-3 frames under gtx 295 sli).

ET:QW matchs the two pretty steeply on lower resolutions but the gtx 295 again chokes the second you hit bigger screens. and in a big way too.

Avatar image for Too_tight_shoes
Too_tight_shoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Too_tight_shoes
Member since 2009 • 2486 Posts
The Crysis performance is depressing will there ever be a GPU that will run it on Very High with 4xAA at 60FPS?!... hopefully the next series will manage it, damn it feels like I have said that twice before :P.
Slig0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Slig0
Member since 2009 • 2072 Posts

Yeah, but who will pay $1200 for two of those? We are waiting, nVidia! Bring the competition.

Avatar image for Too_tight_shoes
Too_tight_shoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Too_tight_shoes
Member since 2009 • 2486 Posts

Yeah, but who will pay $1200 for two of those? We are waiting, nVidia! Bring the competition.

Slig0
And Nvidia will give the same performance for less?... dream on.
hofuldig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 hofuldig
Member since 2004 • 5126 Posts

Slig0
and when they do expect to pay like 600-900 Just for one of there cards. Still ATI will be cheaper and more worth while.
Slig0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Slig0
Member since 2009 • 2072 Posts

[QUOTE="Slig0"]

hofuldig

and when they do expect to pay like 600-900 Just for one of there cards. Still ATI will be cheaper and more worth while.

Nah I know that folks, but ATI will have to lower their prices as nVidia's products sure are going to be a hell of a lot faster.

hofuldig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hofuldig

[QUOTE="hofuldig"][QUOTE="Slig0"]

Slig0

Nah I know that folks, but ATI will have to lower their prices as nVidia's products sure are going to be a hell of a lot faster.

Why would they need to lower there prices when Nvidia will have higher prices on there video cards? it happenes every time a new line is launched. Nvidia's Prices are allways ALOT higher than ATI's prices.
johnny27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 johnny27
Member since 2006 • 4400 Posts
its really fast and all but where is testing for eyefinity on 3 24" or 30" monitors? those super high resolution is where would actually consider a quad gpu setup worth it.
musclesforcier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 musclesforcier
Member since 2004 • 2894 Posts
The Crysis performance is depressing will there ever be a GPU that will run it on Very High with 4xAA at 60FPS?!... hopefully the next series will manage it, damn it feels like I have said that twice before :P.Too_tight_shoes
Looks like a driver problem.
Avatar image for SLIisaownsystem
SLIisaownsystem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SLIisaownsystem
Member since 2009 • 964 Posts

that are just number show me true gameplay than you gonna see the microlags, stocking and crashes with quad crossfire solutions, and the benchmarks dont show the work of 3 285s. Farcry dont supports quad gpu solutions.

johnny27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 johnny27
Member since 2006 • 4400 Posts

that are just number show me true gameplay than you gonna see the microlags, stocking and crashes with quad crossfire solutions, and the benchmarks dont show the work of 3 285s. Farcry dont supports quad gpu solutions.

SLIisaownsystem
the nvidia damage control squad has arrived!
SLIisaownsystem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SLIisaownsystem

[QUOTE="SLIisaownsystem"]

johnny27

its just the truth sir.

jamesfffan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jamesfffan
Member since 2004 • 1269 Posts

look here for awesome 5970 benches

link

There's about 10 games tested, the link I put in is Crysis for obvious reasons, and tbh that is awesome performance even with 4xAA on @ 2560x1600 it still gets 46fps+, at 1920x1200 4xAA it gets 74fps+.

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts

[QUOTE="johnny27"][QUOTE="SLIisaownsystem"]

SLIisaownsystem

its just the truth sir.

Im sorry, but right now, ATI has the power crown. They have the fastest GPU now with the release of their HD5970.
hofuldig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hofuldig

SLIisaownsystem

its not micro lags its just Microlag or the more common and more excepted term is MicroStuttering. and i sereously doubt your gonna see any. If there is gonna be any micro lag on an ATI card there will be microlag on an Nvidia card. and going from 2 GTX 285's to 3 GTX 285's isnt much of an increase in any games. fanboy.

Microstuttering is more apraent in Nvidia cards from what iv heard anyways.

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Iantheone

hofuldig

its not micro lags its just Microlag or the more common and more excepted term is MicroStuttering. and i sereously doubt your gonna see any. If there is gonna be any micro lag on an ATI card there will be microlag on an Nvidia card. and going from 2 GTX 285's to 3 GTX 285's isnt much of an increase in any games. fanboy.

I would imagine that it would be even worse in 3 card setups because of drivers and such. 2 card sli is far more common so it will have better drivers and less microstuttering or what ever.
hofuldig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hofuldig
[QUOTE="hofuldig"]

Iantheone

I would imagine that it would be even worse in 3 card setups because of drivers and such. 2 card sli is far more common so it will have better drivers and less microstuttering or what ever.

Yeah plus if developers do design there game to use SLI usually its just for dual cards. not more.
SLIisaownsystem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SLIisaownsystem

[QUOTE="hofuldig"]

Iantheone

no nvidia has sli profiles and keep upgrading them. ATI hasnt, it works or dont. Why you even listening to other people you should ask enthusiast like me about this topic.

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Iantheone

[QUOTE="Iantheone"][QUOTE="hofuldig"] its not micro lags its just Microlag or the more common and more excepted term is MicroStuttering. and i sereously doubt your gonna see any. If there is gonna be any micro lag on an ATI card there will be microlag on an Nvidia card. and going from 2 GTX 285's to 3 GTX 285's isnt much of an increase in any games. fanboy.

SLIisaownsystem

no nvidia has sli profiles and keep upgrading them. ATI hasnt, it works or dont. Why you even listening to other people you should ask enthusiast like me about this topic.

I dont consider you an enthusiast. I consider you a fanboy. You are the kind of person that believes advertisements tell the truth. It doesnt matter that Nvidia will keep upgrading them, games developers dont program 3SLI support as well as 2 way. This is because it i is very uncommon to see. How would you know anyway if the ATI drivers work or dont? Also what makes you think that i dont have any knowledge on harware, or that i can have my own opinions?
hofuldig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hofuldig

[QUOTE="Iantheone"][QUOTE="hofuldig"] its not micro lags its just Microlag or the more common and more excepted term is MicroStuttering. and i sereously doubt your gonna see any. If there is gonna be any micro lag on an ATI card there will be microlag on an Nvidia card. and going from 2 GTX 285's to 3 GTX 285's isnt much of an increase in any games. fanboy.

SLIisaownsystem

Sli Profiles? never heard of that? like games that use SLI get updated? if developers design a game to use 2 card SLI thats it. adding in another card wont do much. even if Nvidia themselfvs have these profiles its how the developers make the game. thats why in most games when you go from Dual SLI to Triple SLI you only get like 5-10FPS Increase. and as for you being an Enthusiast. LOL iv seen a bunch of your posts and most of it is just fanboy knowledge. most of it isnt even true. even on a couple of times i corrected you becaus you were wrong. btw dont use wikipedia again as a source. as they ant right all the time and it makes you look. how should i say....not so smart.
Angry_Mushroom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Angry_Mushroom
Member since 2009 • 708 Posts
The Crysis performance is depressing will there ever be a GPU that will run it on Very High with 4xAA at 60FPS?!... hopefully the next series will manage it, damn it feels like I have said that twice before :P.Too_tight_shoes
just wait for better drivers to show up.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

SLIisaownsystem

Even if you are an enthusiast, noone should ever consult such a heavily biased person like yourself. The fermi cards will probably be more powerful than the current dx11 cards, but there is no true nvidia competition for the current 5970 cards. You will see a much larger amount of microlag on the nvidia gtx295 than the 5970 since the card is weaker. Sli profiles are useless if the game doesnt support 3 or 4 way sli, like you yourself said about far cry. plus the sli profiles barely give any gain in most games and has little real use. You can find tri-sli gtx285 benches elsewere, and when compared to the 5970, the set up still is weaker. You should stop blindly following nvidia and actually look at proof. You are a fanboy not an enthusiast, the difference means everything.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#23 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11781 Posts

look a single 5970 is freaking sick... imagine the 5990, xfire is great on it, but i have nvidia sli mobo, asus m3n ht 780a, great board. so ill prolly stick with nvidia and keep one of my 8800gt ocx as a physx card, with cards like this nvidia better have some good things planned, ati is definately ahead of the game.

nvidia might also want to keep price an issue too, dont want to price yourself out. especially on the benches of what that 59## series cards from ati can do.

but that being said, i have my gf on an ati setup (palit 3870) due to case size and power supply (480w) im upgrading her to like a 5750, i think it would be a great upgrade over that 3870.

vegita92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 vegita92
Member since 2009 • 224 Posts
40 frams on crysis? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 year old game !!! it's like a curse!!!!
12345678ew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 12345678ew
Member since 2008 • 2353 Posts
[QUOTE="Slig0"]

Too_tight_shoes

no, they'll give more performance for the same. they can't possible price a card above 700, and they said 5-7 teraflops, one of those would beat dual 5970's.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#26 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11781 Posts

[QUOTE="Too_tight_shoes"][QUOTE="Slig0"]

12345678ew

no, they'll give more performance for the same. they can't possible price a card above 700, and they said 5-7 teraflops, one of those would beat dual 5970's.

see in all actuallity i cant wait for nvidias dx11 gpus(prolly what im gonna get), but i dont see it beign more powerful than 2 5970's i could be wrong but i dont see it. i honestly see it more powerful than the 59 series but not more than 5970 in xfire, (hopefully not trailing too far behind it though lol :))