560 ti SOC sli or single 580 SOC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blurguy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 blurguy6
Member since 2010 • 699 Posts

So right now I have one SOC 560 ti but lately ive been craving more power to run games such as metro and shogun at a constant 60 fps. The thing is that I havent really gotten any clear answers as to how much faster 560 ti SOC's are than a single 580 SOC. Right now im leaning toward getting another 560 ti SOC since its a lot cheaper and it should last me I hope for another 2 years which I think I would be a great time to upgrade whereas if I get a 580 and get aother one later on ill be stuck with the same technology longer but I wont have to upgrade for like 3 or 4 years. So ya im having trouble making my mind up, what do you guys think?

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts
560 Ti SLI will give you a fair bit more performance over a 580 and it won't use much more power than a single 580.
Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

GTX 560 Ti's in SLI will murder a GTX 580 in almost any game. Overclock them and you have a truly monstrous pair.

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

two 560's will win.

Since you already have 1 there is no reason to get a 580. if you didn't already have one i would go with the 580

chompslikky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 chompslikky
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

What about two 580's in the future ???

blurguy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blurguy6
K thanks guys im most probably gonna go for another 560 ti but I have just one more question. Is it true that some games suffer from stutter when SLI enabled? I remember some guy posting how he got stutter in some games and now im kinda worried because that would drive me insane! Is it true and if it is is it common?
James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

K thanks guys im most probably gonna go for another 560 ti but I have just one more question. Is it true that some games suffer from stutter when SLI enabled? I remember some guy posting how he got stutter in some games and now im kinda worried because that would drive me insane! Is it true and if it is is it common?blurguy6

I have had no stutter in any game in the past 4 or so months i have had sli

chris24l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 chris24l
Member since 2006 • 1288 Posts

560 sli would be the better choice since you got one already, dual cards don't stutter at all. 560 sli would last 2 years no problem, don't see any games coming out in 2 years that would give those cards a problem.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

K thanks guys im most probably gonna go for another 560 ti but I have just one more question. Is it true that some games suffer from stutter when SLI enabled? I remember some guy posting how he got stutter in some games and now im kinda worried because that would drive me insane! Is it true and if it is is it common?blurguy6
It isn't a myth. Some people notice it. Some people don't. But people like me, probably will. Depends on the person and your rig, or both. You can read about it here at [H]ard forum.

blurguy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blurguy6

[QUOTE="blurguy6"]K thanks guys im most probably gonna go for another 560 ti but I have just one more question. Is it true that some games suffer from stutter when SLI enabled? I remember some guy posting how he got stutter in some games and now im kinda worried because that would drive me insane! Is it true and if it is is it common?Elann2008

It isn't a myth. Some people notice it. Some people don't. But people like me, probably will. Depends on the person and your rig, or both. You can read about it here at

ahhhh im not gonna lie this is very discouraging I was all excited and ready to get another 560ti but now im not too sure because microstutter would drive me absolutely insane since im a very picky guy when it comes to performance and quality. in the article it said to get rid of microstutter you need to have a refresh rate higher than that of the monitor, is that true because i didnt really understand that part. also people with crossfire and sli are you sure you arent getting microstutter or do you just not notice because your not picky like i am lol

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

[QUOTE="blurguy6"]K thanks guys im most probably gonna go for another 560 ti but I have just one more question. Is it true that some games suffer from stutter when SLI enabled? I remember some guy posting how he got stutter in some games and now im kinda worried because that would drive me insane! Is it true and if it is is it common?blurguy6

It isn't a myth. Some people notice it. Some people don't. But people like me, probably will. Depends on the person and your rig, or both. You can read about it here at

ahhhh im not gonna lie this is very discouraging I was all excited and ready to get another 560ti but now im not too sure because microstutter would drive me absolutely insane since im a very picky guy when it comes to performance and quality. in the article it said to get rid of microstutter you need to have a refresh rate higher than that of the monitor, is that true because i didnt really understand that part. also people with crossfire and sli are you sure you arent getting microstutter or do you just not notice because your not picky like i am lol

You could just let the frame rate "fly" without enabling v-sync, but then that could cause screen tearing. I didn't mean to discourage you. Nor am I saying multiple-GPU setups are bad. I owned 2x GTX 460's and they ran smoothly for me for the most part. I did notice some stuttering but it wasn't enough for me to become a naysayer.

My concerns were of a different matter like sli profile support for specific games, visual glitches and bugs, etc. I think those are more of a concern.. but in some cases, if you're patient enough, there are fixes for them. Either an sli profile, driver, or tweak will usually go a long way in helping. Please do not think I'm implying that sli/crossfireX is the wrong way to go. I am inclined to believe that there are more satisfied people with their multiple-GPU setups than unhappy ones.

And who doesn't like 60+ frame rate maxed out at 1080/1200p, right? (: