4870 HDMI Video Problems

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Twisterxi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Twisterxi
Member since 2005 • 1306 Posts

OK heres my story:

Last week I got my 4870 in the mail, and after a couple of days I got my hdmi cable in the mail, and after hours of tinkering I finally got my HDTV resolution all perfect. 1080p no under/overscan, everything scaled perfectly.

Then a few days later my girlfriend decided we should try windows 7 (Great OS, horrible for me)

In short basically, I didn't read up on how there was problems with the monitors and most ati drivers, where the resolution or refresh rate was so big that after the computer was started up in non-safe mode, the screen was no longer visible. Also during this time, I noticed that my HDTV didn't even recognize that the HDMI cord was connected, so there was no signal from my graphics card anymore with the windows 7 drivers. Because of the problems wih the hdmi, i was on vga for the time being until I got vista 64 bit reinstalled.

Now with vista reinstalled my graphcis card is STILL not putting out an hdmi signal although I completely formatted my harddrive and installed/uninstalled drivers for hours. Everything is the same, just no signal now. Just to trouble shoot

I tried a different HDMI cord - nada

Tried different drivers - nada

Tried a different hdtv ( a Bravia) - nada

Tried switching ports - nada

Tried killing myself - Left me with a very sore neck.

Basically now I'm trying to see if I can get any help here on the forums or perhaps see if anyone is having a similar problem (Which i doubt because I can't find anything on google for this)

I'm down to basically thinking its the drivers for the graphics card/the graphics card itself/ or the adapter that does dvi to hdmi.

Any Ideas/Help? Thanks

System Specs:

4 gig ocz ddr3 ram

AMD 2+ MSI 770 - C45 Mother Board

Radeon HD 4870 (duh)

Phenom II 3.2 x4 CPU

650 PSU

Running on 64 bit