2008-2009... Intel is coming out with a gaming graphic card?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GamingMonkeyPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 GamingMonkeyPC
Member since 2005 • 3576 Posts
Link: http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=4605

Hope to see more competition in the future!

Cyborg-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Cyborg-21
Member since 2007 • 2700 Posts
It will be initially difficult entering the market dominated by AMD and Nvidia. But it will be interesting to see what they come up with.
Menelyagor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Menelyagor
Member since 2005 • 851 Posts
I think you mean ATI.
Cyborg-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Cyborg-21
Member since 2007 • 2700 Posts
I think you mean ATI.Menelyagor
Yes I did - but AMD and ATI have merged, so I just put AMD.
Gog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gog
Member since 2002 • 16376 Posts

I think you mean ATI.Menelyagor

AMD bought ATI so technically while AMD will continue to use the ATI brand name, it's AMD now.

muppet1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 muppet1010
Member since 2006 • 5812 Posts
he was just being awkard^^ most people know amd own and technically 'are' ATI anyway.

and cool... it will be interesting to see how they enter the market, it would have to be something good seeing as ATI  and nvidia already dominate.
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#7 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
Sorry, but... my mind refuses to acknowledge those two being the same. AMD makes great CPU's; ATi makes graphics cards with the **** drivers on earth. That's just how it's always been for me. :oops: And in intel's case, it's the "cruel and unusual punishment" for new people that buy a new computer and end up with some integrated POS that stutters on playing a simple video.
9mmSpliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 9mmSpliff
Member since 2005 • 21751 Posts
Sorry, but Intel will not be able to compete with companies that have been making GPUs for more hten a decade. It will be atleast 5yrs till we see something decent.
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 codezer0
Sorry, but Intel will not be able to compete with companies that have been making GPUs for more hten a decade. It will be atleast 5yrs till we see something decent.9mmSpliff
Not unless intel decides to commit some corporate espionage or somehow influences some key employees from either firm to come join their efforts.
9mmSpliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 9mmSpliff
[QUOTE="codezer0"]Sorry, but... my mind refuses to acknowledge those two being the same. AMD makes great CPU's; ATi makes graphics cards with the **** drivers on earth. That's just how it's always been for me. :oops: And in intel's case, it's the "cruel and unusual punishment" for new people that buy a new computer and end up with some integrated POS that stutters on playing a simple video.

Man the ATI comments just dont stop from you on their drivers. Its getting old, but I guess its your trademark....:lol:
9mmSpliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 9mmSpliff
Link: http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=4605

Hope to see more competition in the future!
 GamingMonkeyPC
BTW Michael Jordan didnt play for fun, he had a serious gambling problem.....:D STill my favorite all time tho.
Krall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Krall
Member since 2002 • 16463 Posts

[QUOTE="Menelyagor"]I think you mean ATI.Gog

AMD bought ATI so technically while AMD will continue to use the ATI brand name, it's AMD now.

You guys are behind the times, their new name is:

Anyway Intel dominates the onboard graphics market, they have a huge pressence alone with their name so it will be interesting to see what comes out of this as far as ATi & nVidia go...
9mmSpliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 9mmSpliff
[QUOTE="Gog"]

[QUOTE="Menelyagor"]I think you mean ATI.Krall

AMD bought ATI so technically while AMD will continue to use the ATI brand name, it's AMD now.

You guys are behind the times, their new name is:

Anyway Intel dominates the onboard graphics market, they have a huge pressence alone with their name so it will be interesting to see what comes out of this as far as ATi & nVidia go...

DAAMIT as many do call it, lol. DAMN IT!!. Anyways, there releasing there new RD690 with intergrated x700.  Cutting the pipes down to 4 from 8 tho and the transistors have been cut down to, as the NorthBridge wont be able to handle the 120 million transistors.
muppet1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 muppet1010
Member since 2006 • 5812 Posts
lol daamit is quite accurate actually...   great video cards just very useless drivers.
Gog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gog
Member since 2002 • 16376 Posts
Intel may dominate the integrated video chip market because their chips are so cheap but they are also the worst so I don't have much hope for any discrete videocards Intel may offer in the future.
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 codezer0
Man the ATI comments just dont stop from you on their drivers. Its getting old, but I guess its your trademark....:lol:9mmSpliff
One of my roomies is currently stuck using my old emergency Radeon 9000 (AGP) because I doubt(ed) his machine could even run the 9800Pro. Even on that machine, the ATi CCC and the mandatory services they make you run to be able to access the CCC consume almost as much RAM as it did when I was using my 9800 Pro. Between that and the new McAfee antivirus suite, that thing's consumed all its RAM on bootup. :shock: Problem is, because it's an 850 chipset (as in, it needs Rambus RAM), memory is sodomizingly expensive, so he can't even afford more RAM for the thing, much less a new system altogether.
9mmSpliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 9mmSpliff
[QUOTE="9mmSpliff"]Man the ATI comments just dont stop from you on their drivers. Its getting old, but I guess its your trademark....:lol:codezer0
One of my roomies is currently stuck using my old emergency Radeon 9000 (AGP) because I doubt(ed) his machine could even run the 9800Pro. Even on that machine, the ATi CCC and the mandatory services they make you run to be able to access the CCC consume almost as much RAM as it did when I was using my 9800 Pro. Between that and the new McAfee antivirus suite, that thing's consumed all its RAM on bootup. :shock: Problem is, because it's an 850 chipset (as in, it needs Rambus RAM), memory is sodomizingly expensive, so he can't even afford more RAM for the thing, much less a new system altogether.

why doesnt he just download the catalyst and not the CCC.
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 codezer0
why doesnt he just download the catalyst and not the CCC. 9mmSpliff
You can't. I certainly tried looking for it, but couldn't find *just* the driver. And for some reason, the ATi Tray tools causes instability on his computer when I try installing it, so there needs to be a way of actually adjusting the video card's settings, and all that's left (that I know of) is simply the CCC. :(
9mmSpliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 9mmSpliff

[QUOTE="9mmSpliff"]why doesnt he just download the catalyst and not the CCC. codezer0
You can't. I certainly tried looking for it, but couldn't find *just* the driver. And for some reason, the ATi Tray tools causes instability on his computer when I try installing it, so there needs to be a way of actually adjusting the video card's settings, and all that's left (that I know of) is simply the CCC. :(

Have you tried Tray Tools? Or even Omega drivers, I think they have options for CCC or not. Ill try to find the link for you for no CCC. 

I know its a tad of a system hog, but now nVidia is going the way of a control center. I personally dont use the CCC, only ATI Tools.  Other then that, I have never had a problem with an ATI driver ever in my life, but I know lots of others have.  Wierd thing is, I have had all my driver problems wiht nVidia, especially the 93 series, man those were probably the worst yet.  Altho, I know the public can say that for a ton of different Catalyst releases.

GamingMonkeyPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GamingMonkeyPC
[QUOTE="9mmSpliff"]why doesnt he just download the catalyst and not the CCC. codezer0

It's over here: http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat61-xp.html
9mmSpliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 9mmSpliff
[QUOTE="codezer0"][QUOTE="9mmSpliff"]why doesnt he just download the catalyst and not the CCC. GamingMonkeyPC

It's over here: http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat61-xp.html

:D
macpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 macpop
Member since 2005 • 3991 Posts
amd and nvidia is the top dawgs, the best i see intel doing is integrated extreme graphics which will be no more than a 6200 :lol:
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 codezer0
I know its a tad of a system hog, but now nVidia is going the way of a control center. I personally dont use the CCC, only ATI Tools. Other then that, I have never had a problem with an ATI driver ever in my life, but I know lots of others have. Wierd thing is, I have had all my driver problems wiht nVidia, especially the 93 series, man those were probably the worst yet. Altho, I know the public can say that for a ton of different Catalyst releases.9mmSpliff
Did you not read? I can't get the Tray Tools to work on his machine. It always causes crashes, and BSoD'd his system at least twice. It was even worse with the Radeon 7000 his computer originally came with. If the Tray Tools would have worked, I would use them instead. Strangely enough, that was about the only program that ever DID work reliably on my oldie system with the 9800Pro equipped. But for some reason, Tray Tools won't work on his machine no matter which ATi card I try.
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 codezer0
It's over here: http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat61-xp.htmlGamingMonkeyPC
Is there any for a newer version? The driver ATi's site always refers me to when I look for the 9000 in his machine now is the bundle of the 6.11. If you think it sounds weird, believe me when I say it makes even less sense to me. On my oldie, not a single ATi reference driver ever worked correctly... I was always forced to use the Omegas to have any semblance of stability. But along with that, ATi refused to provide any tech support for me UNTIL I went back to their reference driver. And then of course when I try their reference drivers, it only made things worse. On his machine, the only drivers that ever worked are ATi reference, and the only control panel that ever worked were the ones integrated with the ATi refrence driver(s) (be it the regular control panel before or the CCC).
LordEC911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LordEC911
Member since 2004 • 9972 Posts
[QUOTE="GamingMonkeyPC"]It's over here: http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat61-xp.htmlcodezer0
Is there any for a newer version? The driver ATi's site always refers me to when I look for the 9000 in his machine now is the bundle of the 6.11. If you think it sounds weird, believe me when I say it makes even less sense to me. On my oldie, not a single ATi reference driver ever worked correctly... I was always forced to use the Omegas to have any semblance of stability. But along with that, ATi refused to provide any tech support for me UNTIL I went back to their reference driver. And then of course when I try their reference drivers, it only made things worse. On his machine, the only drivers that ever worked are ATi reference, and the only control panel that ever worked were the ones integrated with the ATi refrence driver(s) (be it the regular control panel before or the CCC).

LMAO, with all these "problems" you have with ATi and you still think it is ATi's fault.

GamingMonkeyPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GamingMonkeyPC
[QUOTE="GamingMonkeyPC"]It's over here: http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat61-xp.htmlcodezer0

This is the last package they had for separate driver file: http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat65-xp.html
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 codezer0
LMAO, with all these "problems" you have with ATi and you still think it is ATi's fault.LordEC911
Well, a-DUUUUUUHHHHH!! :roll: It would actually help to solve any of them if the problem was CONSISTENT, but it never is. :evil:

The only thing that is EVER consistent about all these problems is that they go away as soon as I can switch to an nVidia card.
9mmSpliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 9mmSpliff
[QUOTE="9mmSpliff"]I know its a tad of a system hog, but now nVidia is going the way of a control center. I personally dont use the CCC, only ATI Tools. Other then that, I have never had a problem with an ATI driver ever in my life, but I know lots of others have. Wierd thing is, I have had all my driver problems wiht nVidia, especially the 93 series, man those were probably the worst yet. Altho, I know the public can say that for a ton of different Catalyst releases.codezer0
Did you not read? I can't get the Tray Tools to work on his machine. It always causes crashes, and BSoD'd his system at least twice. It was even worse with the Radeon 7000 his computer originally came with. If the Tray Tools would have worked, I would use them instead. Strangely enough, that was about the only program that ever DID work reliably on my oldie system with the 9800Pro equipped. But for some reason, Tray Tools won't work on his machine no matter which ATi card I try.

i mean ATI toots. I just accidently typed what i was reading on the screen.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Intel stinks at graphics who cares...
TheLiberal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheLiberal
Member since 2007 • 294 Posts
[QUOTE="LordEC911"]LMAO, with all these "problems" you have with ATi and you still think it is ATi's fault.codezer0
Well, a-DUUUUUUHHHHH!! :roll: It would actually help to solve any of them if the problem was CONSISTENT, but it never is. :evil:

The only thing that is EVER consistent about all these problems is that they go away as soon as I can switch to an nVidia card.

This really sounds like a fanboy trying to justify his choice of favourite company anyway he can, and if not, I've usually found that when people don't know what they're doing, they have more problems...-ahem-

Ephexis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ephexis
Member since 2006 • 2477 Posts
[QUOTE="codezer0"][QUOTE="LordEC911"]LMAO, with all these "problems" you have with ATi and you still think it is ATi's fault.TheLiberal

This really sounds like a fanboy trying to justify his choice of favourite company anyway he can, and if not, I've usually found that when people don't know what they're doing, they have more problems...-ahem-

True. And if it wasnt for ATi-Amd Nvidia Probs Wouldnt of Released The 8 Series Yet.
Competition is Good.

And btw CodezerO.. If you have so many problems with ATI why dont you just Switch to Nvidia and Never use Ati Again?
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 codezer0
True. And if it wasnt for ATi-Amd Nvidia Probs Wouldnt of Released The 8 Series Yet.
Competition is Good.

And btw CodezerO.. If you have so many problems with ATI why dont you just Switch to Nvidia and Never use Ati Again?Ephexis
I've already done that for my personal computer. Problem is, I'm still having to be 'tech support' for other computers that STILL USE ATI CARDS. So as much as I'd like to, I can't ever completely get away from them. :(
Wesker776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Wesker776
Member since 2005 • 7004 Posts
amd and nvidia is the top dawgs, the best i see intel doing is integrated extreme graphics which will be no more than a 6200 :lol:macpop
I wouldn't count them out. When you have the most finest manufacturing process, billions of dollars to spend on R&D and an energy efficient architecture, you're bound to dominate. People were probably saying the same thing when NVIDIA started making chipsets and motherboard designs. Now look at them.

Intel stinks at graphics who cares...

I'd like that crystal ball you have there. What's the name of Intel's upcoming VGA card? Do they even have a proper VGA card? What's the specs of said future card?