2 Player co-op games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by marshbaboon (417 posts) -

Hi guys,

Finally got Borderlands working for 2 player co-op.. complete nightmare that it was to do... and am just looking for some more ideas for specifically 2 player co-op games.

Have considered/ played allready:

Swat 4, Splinter cell, DOW 2, RE5, GoW.

Anyone have any other ideas on strong 2 player co-op games? Only ones I'm probably not looking for are RPG heavy games (NWN and the likes)

#2 Posted by scotty992 (2388 posts) -
Me and my Friend played through Command and Conquer: Red alert 3 was pretty good and we have been hooked on playing matches of Company of Heros.
#3 Posted by marshbaboon (417 posts) -

Oh yea, must get CoH again. I think tales of valor has the most multiplayer content on it doesnt it? even if the single player part of it is abysmal.

Played through red alert 3 on single player and uninstalled it after the 3rd or fourth mission. Found it buggy as hell and didn't like the style of gameplay at all compared to C&C 3.

#4 Posted by skyyfox1 (13015 posts) -

i think gears of war has really good co-op. you should be happy with that. as for others. i can't think of any right now.

#5 Posted by krazyorange (2668 posts) -

CoH for sure, Gears of War coop is mildly fun, but it doesn't last very long, Serious Sam had coop which was decent, Diablo II online is great coop, you can set up a multi game with a PW only you and your buddy know so you can play the entire game coop. Plus, then you can use that same character to play regular online later. Win-win, especially with the new gigantic patch coming up.

#6 Posted by Iantheone (8242 posts) -
Diablo 2 is amazing to do with friends. RE5 is also a lot of fun
#7 Posted by aura_enchanted (7942 posts) -

serious sam HD

serious sam: the second encounter

look into painkiller: ressurection if you dont like it dont bother

worldshift

battleifeld 2142 nhas some solid play vs bots

guildwars is a solid game however it does require an internet connection..

warcraft 3.. i guess..

diablo 1 & 2 as mentioned above

games to watch:

bioshock 2

dawn of war 2: chaos rising

#8 Posted by DJ_Headshot (6427 posts) -

left 4 dead 2 and titan quest

#9 Posted by marshbaboon (417 posts) -

Diablo 2 is amazing to do with friends.Iantheone

I recall old 300 pound telephone bills that agree with that statement, good old diablo 2 on dial up. great times

#10 Posted by BotZakafein (93 posts) -

hey does any1 know about any good 2 player co-op games that can be played on the same screen? (two joysticks) besides trine and sports games that is

#11 Posted by aura_enchanted (7942 posts) -

hey does any1 know about any good 2 player co-op games that can be played on the same screen? (two joysticks) besides trine and sports games that is

BotZakafein

serious sam: the second encounter

power ranger: super legends.. is aight i guess i play it with my younger sibling when hes over now and again...

#12 Posted by marshbaboon (417 posts) -

lego star wars (And the others I think) can be played 2 pads 1 pc