This topic is locked from further discussion.

iEatmudkipz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 iEatmudkipz
Member since 2008 • 55 Posts
i am aloud to get 2 games for x-mas + my laptop. i would like to have one single player game that takes along time to beat. The other game i want to have an action packed multiplayer experince. So please tell me what games you think i should get xD
RobertBowen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 RobertBowen
Member since 2003 • 4094 Posts

For SP - any of Fallout 3, ESIV: Oblivion, The Witcher...

For MP - CoD: World At War or CoD 4: Modern Warfare.

bedram793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#3 bedram793
Member since 2006 • 1741 Posts
Fallout 3 or Oblivion Left 4 Dead or World at War
iEatmudkipz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 iEatmudkipz
sounds good so far. i have oblivion somewhere xD. i think i will get fallout 3 for single player.
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Multiplayer, Definitly Left 4 Dead That or Unreal Tournament 2004
XRED_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XRED_0
Member since 2008 • 775 Posts
I second Fallout 3 and any of the call of duty series. Counter-strike: source is awesome for its MP, but it has a very large learning curve.
iEatmudkipz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 iEatmudkipz
i have been hearing alot about left 4 dead latley, maybe ill get that. keep the suggestions coming =)
Gl3ny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gl3ny
Member since 2006 • 146 Posts

Single Player: The Orange Box

Multiplayer: The Orange Box

But really I think that one of the games you get MUST be the orange box if you don't already have it. The second one could be anything else.

iEatmudkipz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 iEatmudkipz

But really I think that one of the games you get MUST be the orange box if you don't already have it. The second one could be anything else.

Gl3ny

true half life is good for single player same with portal. tf2 is suppose to be realy fun for multiplayer. ty. keep those suggestions coming

Blacklight2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 Blacklight2
Member since 2007 • 1212 Posts
Singleplayer - Fallout 3 Multiplayer - Call of Duty: World at War
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts

SP: Civilization IV Complete

MP: Left 4 Dead.

pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts
above poster who said The Orange Box, Get TOB for anoth Sp game get The Witcher EE if you like Rpgs, if you have a good lappy try to go Crysis or even Fallout 3. For multiplayer go Battlefield 2, Counter Strike Source, Left 4 dead, or Company of Heroes if you like RTSs.
Mazoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Mazoch
Member since 2004 • 2473 Posts

i am aloud to get 2 games for x-mas + my laptop. i would like to have one single player game that takes along time to beat. The other game i want to have an action packed multiplayer experince. So please tell me what games you think i should get xDiEatmudkipz

For the single player I'd go with Fallout 3. It's a game with a lot of content as long as you don't just stick to the main story line. If you enjoy exploration, you can spend a lot of time in that game. Alternatly you can't go wrong with some of the bigger strategy games like Civ 4 with the two expansions (I believe you can get a Civ4 pack with both expansions for the price of a regular game) or Total War: Mediveal 2, massive strategy / empire builder / RTS game

For the multiplayer part I'd go for the Orange Box, hands down and no competition if your looking to get the most out of your money:

- You get two of the most popular multiplayer games on the market (Team Fortress 2 and Counter Strike Source).

- Hours of single player shooter gameplay with Half-Life 2 plus both of the HL2 episodes.

- For dessert you get the short but brilliant puzzle game Portal

For the prize of a single game you just can't do better than the Orange Box.

In addition, since it sounds like your looking to get the most out of your money, I'd suggest heading over to http://sc2.sourceforge.net/ and download 'The Ur-Quan masters' It's a free fan updated version of the original Star Control 2. While the graphics are mediocre it's still one of the best games space / exploration games ever made (in my oppinon).

pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts

[QUOTE="iEatmudkipz"]i am aloud to get 2 games for x-mas + my laptop. i would like to have one single player game that takes along time to beat. The other game i want to have an action packed multiplayer experince. So please tell me what games you think i should get xDMazoch

For the single player I'd go with Fallout 3. It's a game with a lot of content as long as you don't just stick to the main story line. If you enjoy exploration, you can spend a lot of time in that game. Alternatly you can't go wrong with some of the bigger strategy games like Civ 4 with the two expansions (I believe you can get a Civ4 pack with both expansions for the price of a regular game) or Total War: Mediveal 2, massive strategy / empire builder / RTS game

For the multiplayer part I'd go for the Orange Box, hands down and no competition if your looking to get the most out of your money:

- You get two of the most popular multiplayer games on the market (Team Fortress 2 and Counter Strike Source).

- Hours of single player shooter gameplay with Half-Life 2 plus both of the HL2 episodes.

- For dessert you get the short but brilliant puzzle game Portal

For the prize of a single game you just can't do better than the Orange Box.

In addition, since it sounds like your looking to get the most out of your money, I'd suggest heading over to http://sc2.sourceforge.net/ and download 'The Ur-Quan masters' It's a free fan updated version of the original Star Control 2. While the graphics are mediocre it's still one of the best games space / exploration games ever made (in my oppinon).

uhmm...since when did the orange box have CS:s

Mazoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mazoch
Member since 2004 • 2473 Posts
Ugh.. I guess I must have gotten CS:S with my original copy of HL2 rather than the orange box. I stand corrected :s
simardbrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 simardbrad
Member since 2004 • 2355 Posts
what are the specs of your laptop first off so we can recommend games accordingly.
xNJN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 xNJN
Member since 2006 • 1374 Posts
I think GTA IV will solve your problem :)
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

i am aloudiEatmudkipz

You don't have to yell!

musclesforcier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 musclesforcier
Member since 2004 • 2894 Posts

Gl3ny
iEatmudkipz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 iEatmudkipz

what are the specs of your laptop first off so we can recommend games accordingly.simardbrad

4 gigs ram

2.53 duo processor

2x 320 gig hard drive

nvidia 9800 gs

dont feel like quoting everyone but ty for all your help! so far i will get fallout 3 for single player. i can pick up the orange box myself before x-mas xD. now for the multiplayer i have cod:waw for the 360. for multi player i think ill go for left 4 dead. though im not sure xD. Anyways ty for everyone who helped xD.

Rotinaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Rotinaj32
Member since 2007 • 331 Posts

Fallout 3 is a good choice for SP... as is the The Witcher. Both good games in their own right... although I feel fallout 3 will have more replayability once the mod tools come out.

MP... well as I recommend Orange Box (but its cheap now) and Left 4 Dead or CoD4.

lanceja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lanceja
Member since 2008 • 117 Posts
if ur geting a laptop get World of Warcraft its so FUN!!!:)
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#23 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Left 4 Dead, because it's just so much fun. And fun goes great with the Holidays. My second choice for a timesinker during the Holiday Season break would be, The Witcher, Fallout 3, or Mass Effect. The Orange Box would be great also, if you haven't played it already.
kdsns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kdsns
Member since 2006 • 329 Posts

[QUOTE="iEatmudkipz"]i am aloudGPAddict

You don't have to yell!

This made me laugh out loud for some reason

nicknees93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nicknees93
Member since 2005 • 3250 Posts
Get TF2 or L4D for MP. Get Fallout 3 for SP.
UnderOath1617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 UnderOath1617
Member since 2007 • 50 Posts

2 Games? How about 6.

The Orange Box, Call of Duty 4

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#27 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Single Player: Definitely The Witcher - the campaign will take you about 40 hours to complete. Get this before Fallout 3 if you were considering it. MP: Left 4 Dead. EASILY.
iEatmudkipz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 iEatmudkipz

if ur geting a laptop get World of Warcraft its so FUN!!!:)lanceja

i have it all ready >_< starting to play it today with my friends... my social life ends now i guess.....

For single player i will get fallout 3 xD

For multiplayer i will get left 4 dead, and ill sell some games today or something to get the orange box. thank you everyone for your help xD.

iEatmudkipz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 iEatmudkipz
i dont kno if we are can double post but w/e. what is the multiplayer like for left 4 dead? is the standard death match and games like that? is there co-op for the pc verison? also with TF2 what is the multiplayer like? with fallout 3 are theri boss battles?
Gamartto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Gamartto
Member since 2003 • 1987 Posts

i am aloud to get 2 games for x-mas + my laptop. i would like to have one single player game that takes along time to beat. The other game i want to have an action packed multiplayer experince. So please tell me what games you think i should get xDiEatmudkipz

Here's what I would recommend you

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1134/

22 games for 100$ plus a bunch of free mods.:D

matte3560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 matte3560
Member since 2006 • 1729 Posts

Gl3ny
TF 2 isn't that much fun IMO (too many random aspects, and the game play really isn't that exciting). I think i would go for something else in MP, as the orange box is sold at the price of one game. Either CoD 4 or CoD:WaW, depends on what setting you prefer. Personally, i prefer CoD 4. If you get one though, don't bother with the other, they're not very different.
matte3560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 matte3560
Member since 2006 • 1729 Posts
if ur geting a laptop get World of Warcraft its so FUN!!!:)lanceja
Lol, yeah the action is "intense"
iEatmudkipz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 iEatmudkipz
so i have been hearing left 4 dead is good, but its not worth 50$. also i have cod4 and cod:Waw for the 360. and i can tf2 my self. having said that should i still look at getteing left 4 dead as my multiplayer game? or maybe i should look at another mp game. >_
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#34 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
so i have been hearing left 4 dead is good, but its not worth 50$. also i have cod4 and cod:Waw for the 360. and i can tf2 my self. having said that should i still look at getteing left 4 dead as my multiplayer game? or maybe i should look at another mp game. >_iEatmudkipz
If you want a MP game thats the one to get Mister!! You can replay it over and over with mates, and also there is additional content coming so don't worry too much about the value.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

[QUOTE="simardbrad"]what are the specs of your laptop first off so we can recommend games accordingly.iEatmudkipz

4 gigs ram

2.53 duo processor

2x 320 gig hard drive

nvidia 9800 gs

dont feel like quoting everyone but ty for all your help! so far i will get fallout 3 for single player. i can pick up the orange box myself before x-mas xD. now for the multiplayer i have cod:waw for the 360. for multi player i think ill go for left 4 dead. though im not sure xD. Anyways ty for everyone who helped xD.

Wow, rich parents. lol Wish I had such fruitful Christmases. :P Anyway, I would suggest either The Witcher: EE, Fallout 3, Crysis Warhead, Left 4 Dead or The Orange Box. Actually I have a better idea. Get the Valve complete pack for 99.99. Valve Complete Pack Includes: Counter-Strike, Team Fortress Classic, Day of Defeat, Deathmatch Classic, Half-Life: Opposing Force, Ricochet, Half-Life, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, Half-Life: Blue Shift, Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life: Source, Day of Defeat: Source, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, Half-Life 2: Lost Coast, Half-Life Deathmatch: Source, Half-Life 2: Episode One, Portal, Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, Peggle Extreme.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts
i dont kno if we are can double post but w/e. what is the multiplayer like for left 4 dead? is the standard death match and games like that? is there co-op for the pc verison? also with TF2 what is the multiplayer like? with fallout 3 are theri boss battles?iEatmudkipz
Left 4 Dead has co-op, you just need 2 360 controllers to get it working correctly. The game is basically either 4 player co-op, or 2 teams of 4: Zombies vs Humans with 8 players. TF2 is all teambased play, Half Life 2:Deathmatch is team based or deathmatch, and Counter-Strike:source and Day of Defeat:Source are both team based. That being said, get the Valve complete pack I was talking about in my previous post. :D
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#37 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
i'm having fun with prince of persia. though i think if you play very often you could finish it quickly. i don' thave that much time for games so it will take me a few weeks. orange box is a great idea, it's a lot for the price. if you play a lot, sp ideas would be oblivion or fallout 3 or the witcher. oblivion has a large modding community and fallout 3's level editor came out today, which is why i just ordered fallout 3.
rb2610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 rb2610
Member since 2007 • 3325 Posts
If you have Steam buy TF2 NOW!! It's half price, so it's only $9.99, you could still get 2 other games in addition to it.
ramboturd72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ramboturd72
Member since 2008 • 3514 Posts
Go with the orange box. It's got half life 2+ 2 episodes and Portal for single player and team fortress 2 for multiplayer. It'll occupy a lot of time, trust me.
kilaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kilaan
Member since 2003 • 845 Posts

[QUOTE="iEatmudkipz"]i am aloud to get 2 games for x-mas + my laptop. i would like to have one single player game that takes along time to beat. The other game i want to have an action packed multiplayer experince. So please tell me what games you think i should get xDGamartto

Here's what I would recommend you

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1134/

22 games for 100$ plus a bunch of free mods.

If you don't have any Steam games I would say forego Fallout 3 and get this. Basically every single game Valve has ever made including Left 4 Dead.

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts
For Single Player, I recommend Supreme Commander if you like RTS games. It also has a pretty good multiplayer For Multiplayer however, I reccomend either Starcraft or Battlefield 2142. Or just get The Orange Box...
sloakz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sloakz
Member since 2007 • 379 Posts
Dead space for SP and Left 4 Dead for MP