0.001 response time HDTV.. is my ps3 lagging or is it just my mind ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FyNoMeNoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 FyNoMeNoN
Member since 2004 • 406 Posts

I just got a new LG 50'' Plasma HDTV and connected my ps3 to it using a HDMI cable.. for 2 weeks i believed it was completely perfect and no lag and stuff also putting in mind that it has a 0.001 response time which should be completely HD lag free.. later on i removed the HDMI cable to take it with me to a friend.. when i came back i plugged it back in to my LG tv and begin thinking that there is somekind of lag.. maybe it's just my mind messing up with me..

So is there anyway that i could measure if there is lag or not once and for all so i would be completely sure of what's going on ? Maybe there's some kind of absolute way just to be extremely sure of this.. and can companys claim that the tv has this response time while it's not real !? I actually read it in its specifications on the cover !

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
input lag != pixel response time - there's still room for there to be lag even if the panel itself has instant response time. :( best way to tell is probably crack out rock band 2 and try the calibration - it's good at letting you know where the TV sits when it comes to that
DragoonSaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DragoonSaber
Member since 2009 • 536 Posts

turn on "game mode"

FyNoMeNoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 FyNoMeNoN
Member since 2004 • 406 Posts
I have game mode on ! Is it ok to download Rock band 2 demo or guitar hero as both of them has this input lag test !?
monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

it might be your ps3. games lag sometimes on psn

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Perhaps your friends tele is superior to yours?

SmokieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SmokieX
Member since 2005 • 2412 Posts
[QUOTE="Makari"]input lag != pixel response time - there's still room for there to be lag even if the panel itself has instant response time. :( best way to tell is probably crack out rock band 2 and try the calibration - it's good at letting you know where the TV sits when it comes to that

Yep. Pixel response time and input lag are two different things. What you have is a problem with input lag. What model is your LG? Also check out a site called www.avsforum.com.
iamdanthaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 iamdanthaman
Member since 2008 • 2498 Posts
It sounds like your PS3 must be fine, so it has to be your mind Lagging.
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
It sounds like your PS3 must be fine, so it has to be your mind Lagging.iamdanthaman
Haha. Clever. I think it's your TV. Mess with the settings again. One time I bought a Samsung LCD HDTV 1080p with motionflow and I was playing Fable 2 and it lagged like hell. I was thinking it was just me.. it was just me.. Then, I couldn't take it anymore, I bought another HDTV, sold the Samsung, and I never looked back. Lag free. Perhaps, like someone said earlier, your friend's TV is superior to yours? Check it out.
mattbyrnes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mattbyrnes
Member since 2004 • 1023 Posts
All HDTVs have lag. Some have 1 or 2 frames of input lag and others have 4-5. My Panasonic Plasma is around 30ms of total lag. This is one of the better 50" HDTVs for lag. Some are 50ms-60ms which is noticeable. 30ms and down is considered good. Some are over 100ms which is completely unacceptable. Put your model number and input lag into google and see what comes up. There are a lot of sites dedicated to input lag for gaming. if your model was tested it should come up. LG from recollection is not that great at input lag. New models may be better?