Rockstar's Social Club Can Die

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shryke888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Shryke888
Member since 2005 • 61 Posts

I just posted the following message to Rockstar support. Why post it here? Because I'm pissed and want somebody to hold me.

"First of all just let me start by saying I am irate right now. I have created an account properly through "Social Club" but it does not find me in the system. I'm not an idiot, and I have done everything properly. I also did not steal your game so I am not sure why I have to jump through all these hoops to get it to play.

I have two small kids and a very busy job and only a little time to play every week and it really irritates me when I have to go through bullshit like this to enjoy something I paid for. I get it that Rockstar believes that things like requiring players to be online and other such mechanisms are effective in protecting its bottom line, but Rockstar is wrong. All you are doing is demonstrating a contempt for your customers and an unfamiliarity with how capable those who would bypass your protections truly are. You make money from your games because they are good games. That is all.

I purchased this product of yours from Steam and I cannot play it without coming here and wasting my time. Do I have a right to be angry? Put myself in your shoes. I am tired of this and I hope you send this message on to somebody who gives a shit, if such a person exists.

I realize that you are not the President of Rockstar. But I hope that you can see my point of view. I'm going to try to crack this game and I will uninstall it if I cannot. Thank the gods for Steam sales.

Don't bother with a response - put that effort into getting a terrible corporate policy changed."

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
What game are you even talking about? You don't need a social club account to play GTA IV.
Shryke888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Shryke888
Max Payne 3. Guess I could have mentioned that...
PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts
Yeah, the social club and GFWL are both just awful services that take away from any game that uses them.
valium88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 valium88
Member since 2006 • 4455 Posts

You may want to try disabling your internet-connection, this might give you an offline option.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
Lately, I want Rockstar to die.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FelipeInside

You may want to try disabling your internet-connection, this might give you an offline option. If not get the RELOADED crack. lol what a paradox.

valium88
Dudeeeeee. Careful what you post cause that kind of talk isn't allowed.
valium88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 valium88

Yeah I though it was a little on the edge, but the poor dude can't play the game. Please excuse me.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FelipeInside

Yeah I though it was a little on the edge, but the poor dude can't play the game. Please excuse me.

valium88
Doesn't bother me, lol.... just that some people would report that so careful. Next time just send him a PM.
valium88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 valium88

I will lol. Sometimes I can't send PM, something up with firefox I think.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

I just posted the following message to Rockstar support. Why post it here? Because I'm pissed and want somebody to hold me.

"First of all just let me start by saying I am irate right now. I have created an account properly through "Social Club" but it does not find me in the system. I'm not an idiot, and I have done everything properly. I also did not steal your game so I am not sure why I have to jump through all these hoops to get it to play.

I have two small kids and a very busy job and only a little time to play every week and it really irritates me when I have to go through bullshit like this to enjoy something I paid for. I get it that Rockstar believes that things like requiring players to be online and other such mechanisms are effective in protecting its bottom line, but Rockstar is wrong. All you are doing is demonstrating a contempt for your customers and an unfamiliarity with how capable those who would bypass your protections truly are. You make money from your games because they are good games. That is all.

I purchased this product of yours from Steam and I cannot play it without coming here and wasting my time. Do I have a right to be angry? Put myself in your shoes. I am tired of this and I hope you send this message on to somebody who gives a shit, if such a person exists.

I realize that you are not the President of Rockstar. But I hope that you can see my point of view. I'm going to try to crack this game and I will uninstall it if I cannot. Thank the gods for Steam sales.

Don't bother with a response - put that effort into getting a terrible corporate policy changed."

Shryke888
" Put myself in your shoes" ?
wkwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 wkwan
Member since 2008 • 155 Posts

[QUOTE="Shryke888"]

acanofcoke

" Put myself in your shoes" ?

How%2BHigh%2BAre%2BYou%2B-%2BNo%2BOffice

Shryke888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shryke888
Haha, anger clouds the mind. I will fight the urge to edit.
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

Lately, I want Rockstar to die. FelipeInside

Why? Because they haven't announced GTA for the PC? 

II-Siamak-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 II-Siamak-II
Member since 2012 • 480 Posts

To be honest me and my buddy never had any issues with any Rockstar game so far, including Max Payne 3, and creation of Social Club account was as smooth as it could be, just open up a ticket with their support, im sure they can and will help you out.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

GFWL is worse.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Lately, I want Rockstar to die. HyperWarlock

Nah, because the way they do things with PC Games.
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Lately, I want Rockstar to die. FelipeInside

So you want an entire company who makes critically acclaimed games for millions of people to die because you don't like the way they do things? 

harsh!

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

HyperWarlock

So you want an entire company who makes critically acclaimed games for millions of people to die because you don't like the way they do things? 

harsh!

The die thing might of been harsh, but it's ridiculous how they treat PC Gamers and people seem to forgive them every year.
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

That sucks man. I did have some hoops to jump through to get Social Club to work for GTA IV, but never had issues with MP3. I do agree that these types of services that aren't stable need serious re-work or abolition.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

I was having this problem with Max Payne 3 before. Oh man, it was so frustrating. I couldn't play the game I paid for and I had to go through Rockstar support to get it working, took a few weeks.

This is a prime example of why DRM should stay the fvck away.

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#22 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

HyperWarlock

harsh!

lets take everything literally!
Shryke888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Shryke888

Thanks for the support lol.  I realize that, given the path we're on, in ten years most companies will have some version of

Social Club. I just like to sometimes entertain the idea that we can change that path if we are all vocal enough.

At the very least, the game should just quietly auto-authenticate in the background.

Greatly inconveniencing customers by making them do something that is so obviously merely an effort to protect your bottom

line is just rude. 

But people are starting to just accept it as the way of life nowadays (sigh). I don't know, maybe it really is the way it is has to be

for companies to survive anymore.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#24 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

It's pretty annoying to have to log into RSC and GFWL. And if you have the steam version.. well that's three logins. The RSC doesn't benefit gamers; it's just another form of drm making customers jump through hoops. In your case, a hoop of fire.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Just crack the game, problem solved. The crack is definitely where I'd expect to find it...

Now that I think about it it might not be a good idea if you're running the steam version, you might get clipped if they somehow notice (not sure if that's possible though).

I would have no issues cracking ANY game with moronic DRM like GFWL, I take nothing but pleasure in breaking their shit.

consoletroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 consoletroll
Member since 2013 • 416 Posts

Dont give those anti-semites a penny of your hard earned money. Gta-4, Red dead, and la noire- all racist garbage.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Make another account, make sure you actually activate it or whatever, I've never had a problem with Social Club. GFWL is also only a minor inconvenience in my eyes, having to download profiles or updates or whatever sucks but it takes about 2 minutes and I really don't see why stuff like this bothers people so much. Also all the people suggesting craking the game are f*cking moronic, that's the exact reason stuff like this exists in the first place and how is that any easier than just making an account...
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

Just crack the game, problem solved. The crack is definitely where I'd expect to find it...

Now that I think about it it might not be a good idea if you're running the steam version, you might get clipped if they somehow notice (not sure if that's possible though).

I would have no issues cracking ANY game with moronic DRM like GFWL, I take nothing but pleasure in breaking their shit.

jer_1

Just gives the developers and publishers more reasons to keep shoving the DRM down our throats.

DefconRave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#29 DefconRave
Member since 2013 • 806 Posts
Also had a problem with MP3 social club account, had to contact rockstar support to solve it, took a few days though. You could try that and if that fails get the crack.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#30 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Dont give those anti-semites a penny of your hard earned money. Gta-4, Red dead, and la noire- all racist garbage.

consoletroll

...wut

I hope your username means this is just a joke post made from a joke account.