What should I upgrade first?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SJ2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SJ2
Member since 2016 • 16 Posts

I need help deciding if I should upgrade my mouse, keyboard or headphones. I am a gamer; I already have a Dragonwar Thor mouse, Dragonwar Desert Eagle keyboard, Plantronics Gamecom 780 headset. I can upgrade only one of these things for now. I wanted a mechanical keyboard, will that improve my game? I play Counter Strike GO, Borderlands 2, Skyrim, Portal 2.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@sj2: The difference between mechanical vs membrane is not their easier to push down(ive used a few mechanical that took 2x the force than a membrane to press fully down). Now the length the key has to move to register a stroke between the two is shorter with mechanical.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

Mechanical keyboard will not improve your gaming ability, The only real advantage to them is that they are more robust and last longer. You have a decent headset, Now a better mouse can improve your game.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@sj2: As been said, hardware doesn't make the player, I used to game on a 5$ Microsoft mouse and I was number 1 on various multiplayer FPSs.

SJ2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SJ2

@04dcarraher: Many people on the internet say that mechanical keyboards have a different feel when using it compared to membrane keyboards, also I heard that the keys are easier to press in mechanical keyboards. I'm handicapped actually, my hands and fingers are little weaker compared to normal people.

SJ2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SJ2

@04dcarraher: Ok, does that mean a mechanical keyboard is easier to use?