neto2552

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 neto2552
Member since 2012 • 36 Posts

Hi, i own the astro a50 gen 1 for a long time and i dont know if you think is time to upgrade?? so i was thinking about Razer ManO'War Wireless 7.1 vs Steelseries ARCTIS 7. Or any recommendations for a wireless headset??

Thank you.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

@neto2552: These will shit on both of those combined.

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-GAME-ONE-Gaming-Headset/dp/B00KK8ZLEC

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7709 Posts

Got a50 gen3 myself and been very happy with em, would be hard to go back to using wired ones

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12808 Posts

SteelSeries Siberia 840, better headset if you're okay with cables is PC 373D by Sennheiser

Avatar image for deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
Member since 2007 • 3296 Posts

@saintsatan: I beg to differ. I owned a Sennheiser Game Zero headset, and honestly it was a pretty lopsided experience. The built in mic was good (noise canceling), they were very comfortable and overhaul the sound was decent, but the base was terrible. Anything that was heavy in base sounded awful. I tweaked all of the sound settings on my sound card, but I could never get this headset to perform well in heavy base scenarios. I sold them and I bought a pair of Audio Technica M50xs which were significantly better in terms of audio. The base was great, however, there were two things that I hated: I found them to be extremely uncomfortable, especially during long gaming sessions, and there was no built in mic. I know Audiophiles think it is sacrilege to have headphones with a built in mic, but most of the desktop mics out there are garbage and unless you want to buy a high quality and expensive mic (which is probably going to be more expensive than the headphones themselves) it just isn't worth it.

I recently bought the SteelSeries Arctis 7 and honestly, the sound seems to be a notch above my Sennheisers, the base packs a serious punch. Also, I found the mic to be much better. Based on everything, it is my opinion that these are one of the best gaming headsets out there. Did I also mention that these are extremely comfortable? Absolutely perfect for long gaming sessions. With my Audio Technicas, anything more than an hour and I would get a major headache.