BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17796 Posts

http://www.pcgamer.com/pc-parts-retailer-ncix-files-for-bankruptcy-after-closing-physical-storefronts/

Wow! This is very sad news. I am sure many people have ordered from them, but this especially sucks for people like myself who live in the Vancouver area. We are used to just walking into one of their stores and being able to grab just about anything without having to wait for shipping or any bullshit. This is the retailer that I buy the vast majority of my hardware from. This is a sad day for sure. :(

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3217 Posts

Yeah that's really sad. Sadly their stores were far away from my house but I went to one of them in Toronto one time and they had some cool stuff. It was last year that I wanted to build my first PC and while I didn't buy anything from there, the people working at that NCIX store were very helpful of what I needed to build a good PC. I would eventually order the parts from their websites and they always had some good deals there. Sadly the computer stores that I have in my city sucks since we only have Best Buy and this one computer store which has some cool stuff but man the stuff that they sell are way more expensive when compared to what NCIX has to offer.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

That's a shame, but I'm not too surprised.

At least Canada Computers is still around.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#4 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

yea, really terrible news. I've relied on these guys for PC parts since I started building PCs 10-12 years ago.

early on the staff would give me advice on parts and help me out making some decisions. as BassMan said, being able to just go in to a store and buy PC parts instead of having to order stuff online was huge.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Wow that sucks I know they had pretty good deals from time to time.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts

That sucks, but such is it these days.