LV1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 LV1997
Member since 2017 • 2 Posts

So the issue is that while playing basically any game I own my FPS and GPU performance drops significantly. I play all of these games on ultra/high graphics and changing the graphics quality changes nothing to FPS or GPU performance. I tried benchmarking and I get an average of 52FPS, while benchmarking my GPU is mostly 99% and my CPU is around 80%.

Temperatures are fine, there's no throttle, I never overclocked my CPU or GPU or changed anything in my BIOS. I changed my PSU from an AeroCool Xpredator 750M (80plus bronze) to a Corsair CS650M since I was told that could be the issue.

Changing my PSU did solve the issue for about a week, fps was fine, GPU and CPU usage was fine. Then one day my GPU just went back to its 30% and the fps dropped along with the usage. I restarted my pc, didn't work. I changed the outlet and it worked for about a day or 2. I have tried different outlets to see if maybe that was the issue but no result. So I added copper heatsinks to my VRM and I added a fan that now blows directly onto my VRM but my GPU usage is still at 10-30% while playing games like blackwake and battlefield 1. It sometimes goes well for a day or a couple hours (30-60fps, 80-99% usage on both CPU and GPU) and then other days/hours it just goes back to low fps, low usage and stutter.

Pc crashes a lot periodically (it crashes frequently for a week, then no BSOD for months). It doesn't matter if I'm gaming or doing nothing, the pc BSOD's whenever it pleases. Most of the BSOD had these errors: kmode_exception_not_handled, kernel_security_check_failure, driver_irql_not_less_or_equal, irql_not_less_or_equal, interrupt_exception_not_handled

My specs are:

Windows 10 Pro x64

AMD FX 8320 eight-core processor, 3500MHz

Nvidia GTX 960 (latest update)

2x 8GB Vengeance LP DDR3 DRAM 1600MHz

ASRock 970 Pro3 R2.0

And I play on a 1920x1080, 60MHz screen and a 1366x768 60MHz

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

What are your system temps while playing? Also have you tried a fresh install of windows and drivers?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Stab in the dark, but, it sounds like a failed VRAM module or a stick of RAM that's faulty.

Try a memtest.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

I would try to reinstall OS and update it, including MOBO drivers + BIOS update - it could be a hardware failure but I would try that just in case.