Looking for low budget gaming PC

#1 Edited by bellchi (5 posts) -

Hello! I'm bellchi, 15 and looking for a PC since my old one broke in July (Been using a sh*tty laptop since then) I do not have a lot of money and my parents aren't very fond of me gaming,so I only have a pretty low budget of around 500-800 euros.

I'm looking for something to play Overwatch and other games that require pretty high performances on aswell as something that can handle art/video editing programs (Sony vegas, etc.) and other things at once. A good graphics gard and a good ram is what I need !!

Upon first glance online I see very expensive sets of prebuilt computers but I've heard that building your own is the way to go, but I'm not sure how that would work,

I'm in no way a computer expert so I sound very clueless but I could try to add more information if asked! Thanks to everyone that is going to help me in advance... sorry if this question has been asked millions of times before but I prefer having my own questions answered

#2 Posted by Xtasy26 (5288 posts) -

Use this website to build your PC:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

I would recommend something like R5 1600X with GTX 1060 6GB or RX 580 8GB. Preferably RX 580 8GB if you could find it at the same price as a GTX 1060 6GB or slightly more. An Asus BH 350 Plus motherboard and at least 8GB DDR 4 RAM and 1 TB 7200 RPM. You should be able to build a descent PC for 800 Euros max. A 550 watt power supply and a Mid-tower case (your choice). Windows 10 64 Bit.

#3 Posted by WhiteLynx (36 posts) -

When it comes to money, CPU and RAM significance fade away. Truth is that Radeon 3850 probably outshines Radeon R7 for quite amount of games. Just be assured that older times extreme video card meets requirements of your particular game(s).

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
#4 Posted by PfizersaurusRex (1137 posts) -

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/D7R36X

It's probably the best you can get for the money ATM. It's without the case and Windows key. Since you were talking in Euros I was looking at prices in Germany, which are probably the lowest in Europe, so... Good luck.

#6 Posted by Diddies (1866 posts) -

@vrael101 said:

What do you guys think of this?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y4GZS9C/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Sure, it's not a PC, but do you think it's worth it for the prize?

build a desktop

#8 Edited by Diddies (1866 posts) -

@vrael101: a desktop is way cheaper per performance by far. Laptops can’t compare dollar for dollar with a desktop. Laptop CPUs are far behind their desktop counterparts and their GPUs sometimes don’t even match the same results in a laptop. If you need a laptop then by all means do it. But if I needed a laptop and still had room for a desktop I would do that.

And another thing are you in college now at 15 or trying to keep it for 3-7 years for college? If you have three years then build a desktop as your laptop won’t make it that far and will almost be a thing of the past. A desktop you can continuously upgrade.

#10 Posted by Diddies (1866 posts) -

@vrael101 said:
@Diddies said:

@vrael101: a desktop is way cheaper per performance by far. Laptops can’t compare dollar for dollar with a desktop. Laptop CPUs are far behind their desktop counterparts and their GPUs sometimes don’t even match the same results on a laptop. If you need a laptop then, by all means, do it. But if I needed a laptop and still had room for a desktop I would do that.

And another thing are you in college now at 15 or trying to keep it for 3-7 years for college? If you have three years then build a desktop as your laptop won’t make it that far and will almost be a thing of the past. A desktop you can continuously upgrade.

Unfortunately, I need a laptop to take to classes with me and something to game on. I don't want to get both a crappy PC and laptop, and would just take the better laptop instead. I'll be off to college next year and will probably keep it till the end.

P.S. You may have me confused with the OP.

You are right. I did. Well if you need a laptop then buy a laptop as it will fit your needs.

#11 Edited by appariti0n (2295 posts) -

@vrael101 said:

@Diddies: Well, I need something portable that I can game on and is around a 1000$ for college. I tried to build a PC for that much, but it just costs a lot more.

Acer isn't exactly the most reliable brand out there, however the specs on that laptop are excellent for the price.

the current generation of Nvidia laptop GPUs perform extremely close to their desktop counterparts as well.

If you go that route, make sure you blow the dust out of it every 2-3 months, and I would definitely recommend an external laptop cooler for it to sit on when it's at home.