Jr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jr14
Member since 2004 • 2148 Posts

Already have a Logitech G series keyboard and mouse and this headphone looks like it would go great with it all. Anyone heard any good or bad reviews about it? Already have Astro A40's so if it's not better than them I will probably stick with my Astro's. Never used a wireless USB headphone so don't really know how good they are. I prefer wired, but like how you don't have to worry about a cord with wireless and this headphone can use either one.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Never buy a USB headset - always go with 3.5mm

Jr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jr14

@PredatorRules: what's wrong with USB headset? Jw have no experience with USB headsets. Btw they can also be plugged in wired. I think Dolby digital 7.1 just works over the USB though.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

@Jr14 said:

@PredatorRules: what's wrong with USB headset? Jw have no experience with USB headsets. Btw they can also be plugged in wired. I think Dolby digital 7.1 just works over the USB though.

Driver problems, it connects then it disconnects - those issues sound minor but why have them at all? logical plug always work - or not at all - that's the 2 modes it has =)

Got so many problems with my old Razer Megalodon headset - one of those issues are about the USB so I wouldn't recommend at all.

7.1 or 5.1 is just BS, get yourself decent quality stereo headphones / headset and that's it (also had issues with 7.1 virtual sound on my Megalodon - the virtualization was crap)

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts

@PredatorRules said:
@Jr14 said:

Driver problems, it connects then it disconnects - those issues sound minor but why have them at all? logical plug always work - or not at all - that's the 2 modes it has =)

Got so many problems with my old Razer Megalodon headset - one of those issues are about the USB so I wouldn't recommend at all.

7.1 or 5.1 is just BS, get yourself decent quality stereo headphones / headset and that's it (also had issues with 7.1 virtual sound on my Megalodon - the virtualization was crap)

i've been using usb headsets for 5+ years now and never had any problems. i also love the fact that you can have many usb audio devices plugged in at once and switch output at any time. i always had trouble doing that with analog outputs.

Jr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jr14

@PredatorRules: hmm. Can you recommend any good wireless headphones then? I also have a Blue Yeti microphone so it doesn't techniqually need a mic with it. Might sound kinda stupid, but I like headsets that look cool, but also have to have good audio quality.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts
@Kh1ndjal said:

i've been using usb headsets for 5+ years now and never had any problems. i also love the fact that you can have many usb audio devices plugged in at once and switch output at any time. i always had trouble doing that with analog outputs.

+1.

Same here. I use usb headsets for more than 6 years and I never looked back, for the same reasons.

Jr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jr14

@PredatorRules: they have done A LOT of testing on the headset from the video I seen.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

If you're spending more than $100 on audio, you'd be silly to go with Logitech IMO. They're not a serious audio company. They're a jack-of-all trades electronics company. Would you go to McDonalds when you're in the mood for a nice gourmet burger? Probably not.

I'd suggest something from Sennheiser instead. And it's not wise to take professional reviews on audio seriously - 99% of the time they're more or less paid advertisements.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GeryGo  Moderator

@Jr14 said:

@PredatorRules: hmm. Can you recommend any good wireless headphones then? I also have a Blue Yeti microphone so it doesn't techniqually need a mic with it. Might sound kinda stupid, but I like headsets that look cool, but also have to have good audio quality.

Skullycandy Hesh 2, Sony MDRRF985RK, AKG K915, Sennheiser RS series - those bad boys start from 55$ up to 450$.

The Hesh 2 comes with lots of colours - recommended, unless you find the AKG K915 somewhere - this are the most recommended for their price.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts

Well if you spend so much and you don't care about usb, there is one more you can look also.

HIFIMAN HE400S. It goes for $299 at amazon.

ps: I was about to say that they are the cheapest planar magnetic headphone, but I found that there is an offer from amazon for HIFIMAN HE400 for $250.