Hitachi Deskstar NAS 10TB and Seagate Barracuda Pro 10TB best buy>?

yhyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By yhyyy
Member since 2018 • 87 Posts

i want buy one hard disk of 10 TB .. i am between Seagate Barracuda Pro 10TB and Hitachi Deskstar NAS 10TB

which is the best?? and which you are suggested me to buy??

and what is the difference between these 2??

which is faster,, quality and speed?? which has the less failures?

can you tell me which one of these 2 to buy?>

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Hitachi is more known brand for workplaces but that doesn't say alot.

I'd say get WD Gold but that'll be much more expensive, I'd go with the Barracuda because you get 2 more years of warranty.

yhyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By yhyyy

Seagate Barracuda Pro 10TB is better in the most things?

why they say that Hitachi Deskstar NAS 10TB has less failures from the other hardisks?>?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127501 Posts

Will you put it in your computer or a NAS?

yhyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By yhyyy

i will put it in my computer.

my name is jim and i am from greece my english are not very good..

so my question is Seagate Barracuda Pro 10TB is better than Hitachi Deskstar NAS 10TB?

which are you suggested me to buy? from these 2?

are the new Seagate Barracuda Pro 10TB better than the olds baracudas?

are there good positive reviews for Seagate Barracuda Pro 10TB ?

i want one from these 2 disks because i am playing a lot of games,, i am using a lot of programs ,,movies and music..,,i am download a lot of things,,i delete a lot of things

will Seagate Barracuda Pro 10TB cover all these things? or is better to buy Hitachi Deskstar NAS 10TB because it has the less failures?

can you help me please which hardisk to buy? from these 2?

which are the advatanges and the disadvantages from these 2 hardisks??

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

NAS drives are designed for constant use. NAS device tends to be used a lot by several users or more and are always asking to read/write data from the HDD.

I put a couple of WD Red (NAS) 4TB HDDs in my plex server. I'm constantly copying movies/shows to it and plan on setting up a live TV & DVR from it soon. I also copy over videos/pictures to share with family that connects to the plex server as well.

Now, is that to say that NAS drive will actually last longer? Personally, I don't know. I never used them before, but I figured I would give them a try. I've had them for about a year now and the plex server has been running 24/7 (for the most part) the past year and no issues with the HDDs.

As for the two drives you're looking at, they should offer similar performance. I'd look to the one that would offer the best warranty.

In all honesty, I wouldn't rely on a single large drive for all my storage needs. I'd rather have two larger drives so I could have one as a backup. I was thinking about a single 4TB drive in my plex server, but thankfully I went with two because Windows 10 Fall Creator update literally broke Windows 10 so bad I couldn't boot into safe mode to do a system restore and I couldn't run the Windows 10 repair disc to fix it. I had to do a clean install. Since I had all my data backed up on the second drive, it wasn't much of an issue - just an irritation.

yhyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By yhyyy

look i am between these 2 hardisks

https://www.skroutz.gr/s/13162041/Se...-Pro-12TB.html

Seagate Barracuda Pro 12TB

and https://www.skroutz.gr/s/12847422/Hi...-NAS-10TB.html

Hitachi Deskstar NAS 10TB

you can translate this links in your lauguage

i will use one of these drives for games ,movies music,, add files,,, delete files, to play games in this hardisk,, to uninstall , and all these things

so

my question is which from these 2 hardisks to, buy and what is better to take 2 pairs Seagate-Barracuda-Pro-6TB or to buy one Seagate-Barracuda-Pro-12TB

or to buy 2 pairs from Hitachi Deskstar NAS 6TB? instead of one hardisk Hitachi-Deskstar-NAS-10TB

what you suggested me to buy??

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127501 Posts

If you intend to use them in your desktop, they will be about the same.

As for two 6TB drives. Well if one drive fails, you still got one left. so you don't loose everything.