Zanimoniak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Zanimoniak
Member since 2018 • 6 Posts

I asked someone to upgrade my pc because I didn't know much about pc components. But now I get good fps but it keeps dropping in all games, only in Battlefield 1, 3 and 4 the mouse is lagging, and in csgo my fps drops from 250 to 10 fps when looking around but when i stand still the fps goes back to 200 this is when playing on esea which is running an anticheat in the background but when i play csgo on its own i still get fps drops but only for a split second.

When I checked task manager while my fps was at 10 my cpu was at 60% usage and gpu at 7%. And when i get good fps its 40% cpu and 30-40% gpu

i7 7700k

GTX 1050

8gb ram 2400mhz

Gigabyte B250M gaming 3 motherboard

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17805 Posts

Make sure to update to all the latest drivers including your mouse. Also, set "prefer maximum performance" under power settings in Nvidia control panel. Take a look your general Windows power settings and make sure they are all set to performance. Consider updating your motherboard BIOS if you are still having issues.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

What settings and resolution are you playing on?

You only have a 1050, its only mid-range at best.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@GTR12 said:

He is also experiencing the issue in csgo,

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@04dcarraher said:
@GTR12 said:

Still need an answer to the question,, 4k max settings on csgo could give 250fps but introduce a few players and that could drop.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#6  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17805 Posts

@GTR12 said:
@04dcarraher said:
@GTR12 said:

Still need an answer to the question,, 4k max settings on csgo could give 250fps but introduce a few players and that could drop.

He is getting drops to 10fps and 7% GPU usage. Something is seriously wrong with his configuration. CS:GO should run buttery smooth even on a potato build.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@GTR12 said:

My guess 1080p, but from the sound of it either he's playing on some forced SMAAx8 or something or other heavy duty setting is forcing that drop, mouse lag sounds like heavy motion blur.

I'd say update drivers and reset Nvidia driver settings to default, but it might be other things too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8284346a788
deactivated-5b8284346a788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8 deactivated-5b8284346a788
Member since 2018 • 295 Posts

@PredatorRules said:
@GTR12 said:

My guess 1080p, but from the sound of it either he's playing on some forced SMAAx8 or something or other heavy duty setting is forcing that drop, mouse lag sounds like heavy motion blur.

If he's running 8xAA then his FPS wouldn't be at 250 to begin with. The OP claimed the FPS is fine when they're standing still, which wouldn't be the case if AA was the cause.

Your motion blur comment also makes no sense, if you have low FPS (which 10FPS is extremely low) then you'll have a ton of mouse lag. Motion blur actually makes the mouse movement appear more smooth, it would only introduce serious mouse lag if your rig couldn't handle the effect.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts
@sheephats said:
@PredatorRules said:
@GTR12 said:

If he's running 8xAA then his FPS wouldn't be at 250 to begin with. The OP claimed the FPS is fine when they're standing still, which wouldn't be the case if AA was the cause.

Your motion blur comment also makes no sense, if you have low FPS (which 10FPS is extremely low) then you'll have a ton of mouse lag. Motion blur actually makes the mouse movement appear more smooth, it would only introduce serious mouse lag if your rig couldn't handle the effect.

It could be some faulty hardware but what do you think the problem is?