RageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By RageDragon
Member since 2017 • 22 Posts

Hey guys. I've been getting this weird glitch on my PC. My PC works well for a few minutes, then this weird pattern comes on to the screen, and the PC becomes totally unresponsive, and it just stays as is until I have to manually shut it down. I have an AMD Phenom 9850 quad core processor, 4 GB ram and an old nVidia nForce 630a. I have been going around BIOS trying to figure out how to fix this, and maybe I've messed something up, but I've selected the option to load the recommended settings, but it hasn't worked. I have to sell this computer quick and I dont know what happened to it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

RageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 RageDragon

I have even saved an image of the problem onto my Images, so please feel free to look ? (I'm so desperate)

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

Ever cleaned dust out of the heatsink on your GPU?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#3  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17803 Posts

Looking at the image in your profile, that is classic GPU artifacting. Since you are getting it a few minutes after booting up, it may be a thermal issue. The fan on your GPU may have failed. It is either clogged up really bad or not working at all. Open the case up and check to see if it needs a cleaning or is spinning at all. Clean out the heatsink as well and make sure nothing is restricting air flow or heat dissipation.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@BassMan said:

Looking at the image in your profile, that is classic GPU artifacting. Since you are getting it a few minutes after booting up, it may be a thermal issue. The fan on your GPU may have failed. It is either clogged up really bad or not working at all. Open the case up and check to see if it needs a cleaning or is spinning at all. Clean out the heatsink as well and make sure nothing is restricting air flow or heat dissipation.

+1 on artifacts, time for a new GPU or maybe even a brand new PC

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BassMan

@PredatorRules: Definitely time for a new PC whether it is working properly or not. hehe :) I certainly would not put any money into trying to fix it.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Why are you guys assuming that there is a GPU...?

The nForce 630a does have an IGP, a GeForce 7050.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BassMan

@GTR12 said:

Why are you guys assuming that there is a GPU...?

The nForce 630a does have an IGP, a GeForce 7050.

Regardless if it is integrated or dedicated GPU, it is the GPU that is creating those artifacts.

RageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RageDragon

Hey guys. So I just opened my PC and cleaned the cpu cooler, but I couldnt find my graphics card. I did a bit of research and found out that is integrated. How can I fix these artifacts? Do I have to get a new motherboard? I really dont want to invest in a new one as I have to sell this computer. I might open it again and post a picture of the inside.

RageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RageDragon

@BassMan: hey man could you help me out

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@ragedragon said:

Hey guys. So I just opened my PC and cleaned the cpu cooler, but I couldnt find my graphics card. I did a bit of research and found out that is integrated. How can I fix these artifacts? Do I have to get a new motherboard? I really dont want to invest in a new one as I have to sell this computer. I might open it again and post a picture of the inside.

There's no point in replacing it, its really old.