crossfire help please

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheProdigy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheProdigy619
Member since 2010 • 317 Posts

I have a crossfire set up and speccy tells me crossfire is disabled but when I go into the gaming tab in the new AMD radeon settings, which is the new catalyst control center i guess, and select on the game I'm going to play the crossfire option says default mode. I tried AFR friendly and optimize 1x1 even though i don't know what they are or what they do and neither option helped. any thoughts? im running crimson 15.12 (afterburner says im running driver version 9.14.10.01162, does that sound right?)

edit: i found the addition settings button under the display tab and found that CCC has crossfire enabled, but the frames I'm getting in the benchmark app in the tomb raider game are giving me right around 45 FPS and I was getting 80+ b4 i formatted, any ideas why the performance is so low?

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

You drivers sound right. Crimson has been iffy for me, when I overclocked my 7870 using it, I tried to reset it back to normal and it wouldn't. Even after rebooting the computer, the clocks stayed. I had to end up uninstalling/reinstalling to fix it.
Just went with afterburner for OCing.

It could be crimson itself, saying that your crossfire is on when its not. One easy way to tell is a program like afterburner, you can program it to show your gpu/cpu usage. You'll know if both cards are running or not.