Zootopia: a very important, potentially life-altering question!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

OK, so I was watching Zootopia for the 20th time the other day and it got me thinking: what do the carnivores eat?

If every animal is sentient, then are they essentially eating creatures that are self-aware. And if so, isn't that murder?

Or do they get their animal-based protein from other sources? I'm sure they have the know-how to process plants into animal-protein substitutes.

Or do you think they eat fish? It should be noted there were no fish in Zootopia. But if every animal is sentient, then do you think the fish are some sort of slave-race bred only for sustenence?!

Do you think there is an underwater kingdom of escaped aquatic animals, hellbent on getting revenge on the surface animals for their cruel treatment?

I. DEMAND. ANSWERS!

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14800 Posts

Humans.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mrbojangles25

@SOedipus said:

Humans.

Dude I forgot to write that in. That's another theory. Also, most plausible perhaps? I mean if all animals are sentient, then maybe humans are not?

And if that's the case, then why not farm humans? We eat just about anything after all!

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

OK, so I was watching Zootopia for the 20th time the other day and it got me thinking: what do the carnivores eat?

They eat other animals, birds. Also, why are you watching Zootophia for the 20th time? That is quite unusual.

If every animal is sentient, then are they essentially eating creatures that are self-aware. And if so, isn't that murder?

It is murder. There's no punishment if they are in the wild. Not sure about them in the zoo. They'll probably get shot.

Do you think there is an underwater kingdom of escaped aquatic animals, hellbent on getting revenge on the surface animals for their cruel treatment?

It's possible. There are a lot of unknown mysteries in the deep sea that we don't know about.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mrbojangles25

@omegamaster: lol ok maybe not 20 times, but maybe the third or fourth?

As for birds, that makes sense. Someone said that only mammals are sentient in Zootopia, so yeah....birds, fish, reptiles, and amphibians might all be fair game I suppose.

You could make the argument that either primates never existed in this cinematic world, or if you want to go dark maybe they were wiped out in a Planet of the Apes-style move.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6821 Posts

Maybe they live in a universe where eating is not required for survival.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14800 Posts

@one_plum said:

No they do eat. The rabbit cop had a sad looking carrot from what I remember. And the police cat thing is always eating something like donuts or cereal. Didn't look too healthy, probably not enough meat.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mrbojangles25

@SOedipus said:
@one_plum said:

No they do eat. The rabbit cop had a sad looking carrot from what I remember. And the police cat thing is always eating something like donuts or cereal. Didn't look too healthy, probably not enough meat.

Yeah. Good commentary on processed foods and eating natural diet. That cheetah was obese, probably would have been lean and fast if he was eating meat. Should eat that Gazelle singer, not worship her.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23024 Posts

@SOedipus said:
@one_plum said:

Yeah, the answer is in the movie. They eat all other foods.

Berries, baked goods, popsicles. Whatever isn't problematic to the themes.

OmegaBlueUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 OmegaBlueUp
Member since 2006 • 500 Posts

As stated before, it is implied that they eat all other non-meat foods (though fish and birds are an unknown).

Though, if you want to see a similar story that focuses on the darker aspects of carnivores and herbivores cohabiting I would recommend Netflix's Beast Star (mainly the first season, I was disappointed with the second).

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

Pretty much the same question with Pokémon, it seems like there are no regular animals to eat in that universe

Pokemon season 1, Misty's gym.

Never quite understood why there was real fish at her gym.