Zombie Movie Fans, I Need a Movie ID

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts
I seem to remember a certain Zombie movie where at the end the survivors are trying to make it to a boat dock to survive. I know that the Dawn of the Dead remake had this for it's ending, rather than the helicopter that was in the orignal. But it's not the Dawn of the Dead Remake I am thinking of. The quality of the movie seems to suggest it came from the 80s or early 90s. And I can't remember for the life of me what it was. Can anyone help me? -Nate-
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
Hmm... Just sounds like Dawn of the Dead like you said.
blackngold29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 blackngold29
Member since 2004 • 14137 Posts
Day of the Dead dealt with a helicopter.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Emerald_Warrior
Day of the Dead dealt with a helicopter.blackngold29
Both Dawn and Day had helicopters as main parts of the story. The remake of Dawn of the Dead cut out the helicopter. If you haven't seen the original Dawn of the Dead, I highly recommend it. It is one of the greatest zombie films ever made, and at the same time it's a smart film with a message against the over-commercialization of our society. Much more story in the original. You do have to deal with the shoddy production values because it was made in the late 70s. Despite the bad cameras of the day, the special effects and gore in it are top-notch, though! They messed up one of the "Romero Rules" with the remake. The zombies all moved slow for a real reason, rigor-mortis sets in as they decay making it impossible for them to move fast, unless they were just killed or something. While the faster zombies may have been more exciting in the remake, the slower zombies make more sense. Not that it's a big deal, more of an observation. -Nate-
MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts
House of the Dead?
MarkyyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 MarkyyR
Member since 2009 • 709 Posts

...how many "of the dead" movies are there?

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

I'm going to go with Zombieland. It was a really funny movie.

Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts

Well there's Fulci's classic zombie film "Zombi 2" (Zombie) which ends with the survivors escaping by boat from the infected island and then there's "Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things" in which they are hoping to get to the boat and escape but...well it's not pretty -- but the zombies get the idea in the end.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Emerald_Warrior

MarkyyR
House of the Dead is not part of the same series as Dawn of the Dead. Thank god. Because House of the Dead is one of the worst zombie movies I have ever seen. Think Power Rangers vs. The Zombie Apocalypse on an island, and that's House of the Dead. That may be what I was thinking of, though. I tried to forget that movie. As for the actual George Romero "of the Dead" series, which are the greatest zombie films ever made, these are them in order of release: -Night of the Living Dead (Very innovative horror film for it's day, made in 1968. Only one in Black & White, but colorized versions are available) -Dawn of the Dead -Day of the Dead (My personal favorite, and the goriest one) -Night of the Living Dead Remake -Dawn of the Dead Remake -Land of the Dead (The weakest in the series, but not a bad zombie movie by any means) -Diary of the Dead (Related & made by Romero, but not exactly in with the rest of the series) Many people mistakingly think that the Return of the Living Dead series is also part of the same series. It's not. Return of the Living Dead is it's own, separate zombie film series that has nothing to do with George Romero's film, except maybe a few nods here and there. -Nate-
MarkyyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MarkyyR
Member since 2009 • 709 Posts

[QUOTE="MarkyyR"]

Emerald_Warrior

House of the Dead is not part of the same series as Dawn of the Dead. Thank god. Because House of the Dead is one of the worst zombie movies I have ever seen. Think Power Rangers vs. The Zombie Apocalypse on an island, and that's House of the Dead. That may be what I was thinking of, though. I tried to forget that movie. As for the actual George Romero "of the Dead" series, which are the greatest zombie films ever made, these are them in order of release: -Night of the Living Dead (Very innovative horror film for it's day, made in 1968. Only one in Black & White, but colorized versions are available) -Dawn of the Dead -Day of the Dead (My personal favorite, and the goriest one) -Night of the Living Dead Remake -Dawn of the Dead Remake -Land of the Dead (The weakest in the series, but not a bad zombie movie by any means) -Diary of the Dead (Related & made by Romero, but not exactly in with the rest of the series) Many people mistakingly think that the Return of the Living Dead series is also part of the same series. It's not. Return of the Living Dead is it's own, separate zombie film series that has nothing to do with George Romero's film, except maybe a few nods here and there. -Nate-

The only one ive see was the remake of Dawn of the Dead, I would watch the original but I cant stand the quality of it, I really wish it didnt bug me cause I mostly like movies for there story But I feel like im hearing a muffling sound everytime someone screams or talks and it bothers me.

Obviously Romero is a genius though.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Emerald_Warrior

Well there's Fulci's classic zombie film "Zombi 2" (Zombie) which ends with the survivors escaping by boat from the infected island and then there's "Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things" in which they are hoping to get to the boat and escape but...well it's not pretty -- but the zombies get the idea in the end.

Lord_Daemon
Hmmm. I'm gonna check that one out. Sounds like it might be. -Nate-
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Emerald_Warrior
Just watched the trailer for "Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things", that's not it. Too old. For some reason I remember a blonde girl, and the dock was painted white. I don't know if that helps anyone. -Nate-
WestSideAzn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 WestSideAzn
Member since 2003 • 2218 Posts
It's all about Zombieland!