Your thoughts on cannabis?

• 163 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xid32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 xid32
Member since 2005 • 1132 Posts
Hey, ive read an article that said the canadian government might legalize cannabis to the public and 'tax the hell out of it'. I have no idea why its illegal, alchohol is worse IMO yet you can take a 5 minute drive and stock up with it. I think if it was legalized, it would greatly help the economy and stop all these hassles on it, seriously, policemen, shoudnt they be concerned with more serious issues? where i live its not a criminal offense to have a small amount on you, but its criminal to grow a measly plant!

So, what are your thoughts on cannabis?
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

People in free countries should be free to determine what they put inside their own bodies so long as that does not infringe on anyone else.

I fully support cannabis legalization.

stedtfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 stedtfeld
Member since 2008 • 1506 Posts
No it shouldn't be legalized.
Immortalica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Immortalica
Member since 2008 • 6309 Posts
It should definitely be legalized. And yes, I smoke it all the time.
In_Vino_Verita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 In_Vino_Verita
Member since 2007 • 1702 Posts
It used to be america's biggest cash crop in colonial days, lets bring it back and boost our economy!!!
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SpruceCaboose

A fun fact, 7 people in the United States are legally allowed to smoke marijuana, and they are even supplied many dozens of joints per month by the US government.

;)

If only....

snakes_codec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 snakes_codec
Member since 2008 • 2754 Posts
if you live in the UK you can have a small amount of cannabis for personal use so you could say its not against the law to have it in my country ;)
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
It truly is an amazing plant.
z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

my name is z4twenny = z420

so what do you think :p

honestly yes, i think the canadian government has the right idea. unfortunately the us gov't makes too much off of busting and jailing offenders to legalize it. i've read many many many scientific studies that show it should be legalized for many reasons and basically any information the goverment gives you in regards to it is null and void as they don't tell the truth (or they tell very twisted half truths) i've heard cops say (while drunk) pot can make you crazy which as we all know is untrue, its been shown to curb and help several mental illnesses.

if anyone says "it shouldn't be legalized" i would like a clear concise and scientific reason why. and for you religious nuts that say "god doesn't want you to" i say to you if thats the case then why does it say in the bible "god gave ALL seed bearing plants to man as a gift" it doesn't say all but some, it says ALL of them .

xXBuffJeffXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xXBuffJeffXx
Member since 2006 • 5913 Posts
I have no interest in it, but legalizing it would potentially redirect valuable crime-fighting assets in the right direction and take money out of the hands of bad people. The only problem is that it is a hard drug to regulate. The government will never be able to make much money off it, I don't think.
xXBuffJeffXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xXBuffJeffXx
Perhaps decriminalizing is the best route?
z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts
^ are you kidding? tax it and sell it like alcohol/tobacco. i would even suggest the same laws that govern alcohol. if you get pulled over and you're baked then you get a field sobriety test, you fail then jailtime for you for not being a safe responsible stoner.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SpruceCaboose

^ are you kidding? tax it and sell it like alcohol/tobacco. i would even suggest the same laws that govern alcohol. if you get pulled over and you're baked then you get a field sobriety test, you fail then jailtime for you for not being a safe responsible stoner. z4twenny

Conversational and coherent stoner....we need to party!

Robinho1873

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Robinho1873
Member since 2007 • 1066 Posts
I cetainly wouldnt like to see people put in jail for its use but I think that not enough is known in terms of its long term effects i.e paranoia etc. for it to be legalised.
xXBuffJeffXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xXBuffJeffXx

^ are you kidding? tax it and sell it like alcohol/tobacco. i would even suggest the same laws that govern alcohol. if you get pulled over and you're baked then you get a field sobriety test, you fail then jailtime for you for not being a safe responsible stoner. z4twenny

The government would charge so much that a huge black market would come into existence. This doesn't happen with alcohol and tobacco because who is going to grow hops and tobacco in their back yard? They don't have the room for it. However, Cannabis can be grown relatively easily and in small places. Hell, people grow it in city apartments. You can't regulate it anywhere near as effectively as other things.

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts
I have friends that do it, i don't respect them any less, but i however will stay away from it.
NearTheEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NearTheEnd
Member since 2002 • 12184 Posts
No, it makes me feel safer to know that hundreds of inner city kids are getting killed and jailed over it every year.
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

[QUOTE="z4twenny"]^ are you kidding? tax it and sell it like alcohol/tobacco. i would even suggest the same laws that govern alcohol. if you get pulled over and you're baked then you get a field sobriety test, you fail then jailtime for you for not being a safe responsible stoner. xXBuffJeffXx

The government would charge so much that a huge black market would come into existence. This doesn't happen with alcohol and tobacco because who is going to grow hops and tobacco in their back yard? They don't have the room for it. However, Cannabis can be grown relatively easily and in small places. Hell, people grow it in city apartments. You can't regulate it anywhere near as effectively as other things.

It may not be hard to grow, but the majority of the people that smoke it don't want to go through the process of growing it and stuff. I know I don't. It's much easier to just go buy some, break it up, and smoke it in a bowl.

But to answer the thread, yes, I believe it should be legal.

RPG-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RPG-er
Member since 2003 • 19301 Posts
lol. i some reason, i read cannibals.
xXBuffJeffXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xXBuffJeffXx
[QUOTE="xXBuffJeffXx"]

[QUOTE="z4twenny"]^ are you kidding? tax it and sell it like alcohol/tobacco. i would even suggest the same laws that govern alcohol. if you get pulled over and you're baked then you get a field sobriety test, you fail then jailtime for you for not being a safe responsible stoner. needled24-7

It may not be hard to grow, but the majority of the people that smoke it don't want to go through the process of growing it and stuff. I know I don't. It's much easier to just go buy some, break it up, and smoke it in a bowl.

Yeah, but they'll buy it from those who are willing and able to, for a price considerably less than what the government would ever sell it for. It's never going to happen. The money incentive isn't there. Just hope for decriminalization.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SpruceCaboose

lol. i some reason, i read cannibals. RPG-er

Based on both the content of this post and the format of the post, I could guess why you read it wrong.... :D

Poedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Poedon
Member since 2002 • 2594 Posts

[QUOTE="z4twenny"]^ are you kidding? tax it and sell it like alcohol/tobacco. i would even suggest the same laws that govern alcohol. if you get pulled over and you're baked then you get a field sobriety test, you fail then jailtime for you for not being a safe responsible stoner. xXBuffJeffXx

as if there isn't on already :D I say yea it should be legalized. Taxed and regulated like alchocol. THe fact that drug and oil companies would lose a ton of money is the reason it's illegal in the first place. DuPont lobbied to have it made initially illegal.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts

People in free countries should be free to determine what they put inside their own bodies so long as that does not infringe on anyone else.

I fully support cannabis legalization.

SpruceCaboose
End of discussion.
Avatar image for bassplayer27800
bassplayer27800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#24 bassplayer27800
Member since 2004 • 3463 Posts
yes.
Cpt_Meh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Cpt_Meh
Member since 2005 • 1832 Posts
Those who say no have no idea about cannabis. I'm not saying everyone needs to use it, but it's one of the least harmful (thus far) drugs out there(long term mental effects should be studied though). You can't OD, it actually offers a protective effect against cancer of the lungs, and is a miracle pain killer for some.

Legalize it, 18 years old and up only, very stiff penalties for providing to minors, and coordinate cheap prices/good weed with growers. It would help eliminate the crime aspect of it, which is why most ignorant people consider it dangerous. States aren't legalizing/partially decriminalizing/medicinalizing this stuff for nothing.
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts
[QUOTE="needled24-7"][QUOTE="xXBuffJeffXx"]

Yeah, but they'll buy it from those who are willing and able to, for a price considerably less than what the government would ever sell it for. It's never going to happen. The money incentive isn't there. Just hope for decriminalization.

I agree with you there about people growing it and selling it for less than the government. Although I wouldn't go so far as to say that it'll never happen.
Zentrenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Zentrenius
Member since 2006 • 1593 Posts
Can there be a poll option that says "I don't care either way?"
xXBuffJeffXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 xXBuffJeffXx
[QUOTE="xXBuffJeffXx"][QUOTE="needled24-7"][QUOTE="xXBuffJeffXx"]

[QUOTE="z4twenny"]^ are you kidding? tax it and sell it like alcohol/tobacco. i would even suggest the same laws that govern alcohol. if you get pulled over and you're baked then you get a field sobriety test, you fail then jailtime for you for not being a safe responsible stoner. needled24-7

I agree with you there about people growing it and selling it for less than the government. Although I wouldn't go so far as to say that it'll never happen.

It won't until interest groups that assert as much influence and power as those opposing legalization emerge. NORML and the other legalize groups are a farce right now. Don't get me wrong, though, I think it should be legalized. I don't think the drug poses any significant adverse effect to users or society in general.

SeanUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SeanUD1
Member since 2007 • 812 Posts

A fun fact, 7 people in the United States are legally allowed to smoke marijuana, and they are even supplied many dozens of joints per month by the US government.

;)

If only....

SpruceCaboose

Just asking but...seriously?

C_BozkurT_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 C_BozkurT_C
Member since 2008 • 3580 Posts
same here. but yea, back to the point. I do think weed should be legalized. it's NOT that harmful. people smoke hookah, but it's been found to be 50 times more detrimental than smoking a cigarette.
-theCHUD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 -theCHUD-
Member since 2008 • 1648 Posts
yeah sure, it would be crazy to see how many stoners would just start pulling out joints and smoking in public all casually like with cigarettes. I'll take marijuana smoke over tabacco smoke anyday.
nirvana563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 nirvana563
Member since 2005 • 2913 Posts

A lot of people say a lot of different things about cannabis. I feel it should be legal in some form, but I feel there are bigger issues in the world then smoking herbs.

If you look at the facts of the drug and everything else, it's fairly normal to come to the idea to make it legal in some form or another. At the end of the day it's not that harmful of a drug, and really the only thing I think that doesn't make it legal in most places is government doesn't care to bring the topic up and/or there's a big taboo around it.

0diablo0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 0diablo0
Member since 2004 • 670 Posts

its safer for the people for the government to regulate it, and the stoners wont create a black market. why?

they know its not laced with anything, another reason to buy from the government.

Squire_Ramza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Squire_Ramza
Member since 2007 • 1239 Posts

It should definitely be legalized. And yes, I smoke it all the time.Immortalica

Yea! "hey hey hey, smoke weed every day":D

VacantPsalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 VacantPsalm
Member since 2008 • 3600 Posts
I do that almost every time I read a thread like this.>.>
zombieman666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

#36 zombieman666
Member since 2006 • 3514 Posts
I like it leagalize it
serjitup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 serjitup
Member since 2007 • 1049 Posts

A lot of people say a lot of different things about cannabis. I feel it should be legal in some form, but I feel there are bigger issues in the world then smoking herbs.

If you look at the facts of the drug and everything else, it's fairly normal to come to the idea to make it legal in some form or another. At the end of the day it's not that harmful of a drug, and really the only thing I think that doesn't make it legal in most places is government doesn't care to bring the topic up and/or there's a big taboo around it.

nirvana563
tsk tsk tsk, you have such good music taste ( in refrence to SCARS ON BROADWAY) yet u fail to see how stupid pot really is, i mean really have you seen a pot head, freaking iv lost friends and girlfriends to it, they just sit there and laugh and are all ddddduuuuuhhhhhhh.
SquirtoMaximo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SquirtoMaximo
Member since 2008 • 304 Posts
All drugs are bad. That's why I love em' so much.
Ice_52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ice_52
Member since 2008 • 261 Posts
[QUOTE="nirvana563"]

serjitup

tsk tsk tsk, you have such good music taste ( in refrence to SCARS ON BROADWAY) yet u fail to see how stupid pot really is, i mean really have you seen a pot head, freaking iv lost friends and girlfriends to it, they just sit there and laugh and are all ddddduuuuuhhhhhhh.

Duuuuhhhh...

pot is not a drug. It's a natural growing plant. It's a product of nature, so doesn't criminalizing it seem...unnatural?

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
I think it's pointless but I don't care what people do with it.
stormtrooper32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 stormtrooper32
Member since 2004 • 2221 Posts
I don't really care if its legalised or not, I'll smoke anyways.
tccavey2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tccavey2
Member since 2007 • 1559 Posts
[QUOTE="nirvana563"]

serjitup

amateurs your friends are

Zaeryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#43 Zaeryn
Member since 2005 • 9070 Posts
It makes me laugh when people act like cannabis is the worst thing on the face of the planet. It's hardly harmful at all. Alcohol is many, many times more harmful yet nobody says anything about it.
dooly420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dooly420
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts

its safer for the people for the government to regulate it, and the stoners wont create a black market. why?

they know its not laced with anything, another reason to buy from the government.

0diablo0
:lol: to think that government/corporations won't add anything to it is a laughable idea. do you think tobacco grows naturally with nicotine in it? and it's not like drug dealers lace their pot either. in the 10 years i've been smoking, and the numerous dealers i've gone through, i have never bought a bag laced with anything. nor have i ever know a person to have, either. doing that is just bad for business.
dooly420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dooly420
[QUOTE="nirvana563"]

serjitup

have you ever seen an actual pothead, and not just some high school kid who happens to smoke pot?
Squire_Ramza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Squire_Ramza
Member since 2007 • 1239 Posts
[QUOTE="serjitup"][QUOTE="nirvana563"]

dooly420

have you ever seen an actual pothead, and not just some high school kid who happens to smoke pot?

Straight up pot heads are some crafty people or atleast the ones i've met are. I'm not a huge smoker, but I certainly do enjoy it whether its legal or not. Luckily I live in California and the cops don't really care so much. The worst thats happned is they took and destroyed it on the spot and off we went.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
I honestly don't the appeal of turning yourself into a laughing idiot
dooly420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dooly420
[QUOTE="dooly420"][QUOTE="serjitup"][QUOTE="nirvana563"]

Squire_Ramza

Straight up pot heads are some crafty people or atleast the ones i've met are. I'm not a huge smoker, but I certainly do enjoy it whether its legal or not. Luckily I live in California and the cops don't really care so much. The worst thats happned is they took and destroyed it on the spot and off we went.

you think potheads are crafty? meet a tweaker. those guys can fix just about anything.
WW2_freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 WW2_freak
Member since 2005 • 419 Posts

I don't care if it is or not, its just going to be like alchohol, there are people that will abuse it and cause accidents.

I actually found two dime bags once. I gave one to a guy, and threw the other one away.