This topic is locked from further discussion.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

So what is your opinion of your past self? I’ve been reading some of my previous posts in these forums (we’re talking just 2 years ago) and I have to say I’m quite amazed by my (past) self. I can’t believe I used to be the person I was. All those grammatical errors and kindergarten level vocabulary aside, I’m actually quite surprised to know that I actually used to be a racist nationalist uninformed zealous piece of poop with a foul mouth. I mean wow! Just wow! It’s like I’m looking at a completely different person now. My past self seems alien to me as if I’d never met such person let alone be that person. It’s creepy but at the same time comforting. It’s like that scene from Soul Reaver 2. Is it because I’ve changed so much that I don’t even remember how I used to be? It’s really crazy I’m telling you. To this day and not until I had finished reading my old comments just moments ago, I had always thought of myself as someone who has always been in the right. Not once in the past two years did I ever think that I was in the wrong in any period of my life. But here’s the interesting thing: I despise my past self. I mean it’s like me and my past self are nationals of different countries as if we were born to hate each other yet I’d never sensed that until now. It’s as if I’m west and he’s east as if I’m water and he’s fire the contrast is so great that it could lead one to madness I’m telling you. Normally I wouldn’t share this with members of a forum on internet and would go straight to a psychiatrist instead but since GS is the place where traces of my evolution were first sited I thought I’d share this with you guys before losing sleep tonight just thinking about this mind-blowing phenomenon that occurred to me.

Now my question to you is this: What would you tell your past self if you ever got the chance to actually sit with the guy and have a little chat?

I would certainly tell him to go kill himself (I too would probably die then but it would still be worth seeing one of my worst enemies die too.)

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

I'd give my past self a whole lot of investment advise

Detroit222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 Detroit222
Member since 2005 • 5371 Posts

Don't vote for Nixon!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#4 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

My "past self" (depending on how far back you look) is not all that different from my current one...now I'm a bit less stuck up, a bit less angry, a bit less confrontational and I have learned to just let go of the bad instead of getting stuck on it but my core is still pretty much the same. I don't harbour any ill-feelings towards "him"...he had a pretty hard life and did the best he could with what he had. =) I'm actually quite glad to be able to look back 5 years and see quite a bit of improvement...let's hope 5 years from now I'll feel the same.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

My past was worst, present is more worsening, future gonna be worsest.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

Depends on when... save for a few flaws in my character due to puberty which I've fixed, I'm pretty much the same person, just going through better or worse moments.

DrSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DrSpoon
Member since 2015 • 628 Posts

@alim298: Don't be too hard on yourself mate, take it as a good thing that you were at a low point and now things are so much better.

For me - Just to relax and not take things too personally - oh and probably tell myself not to date one of my exes!

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

my past self is an asshole. he gets to make the bad decisions yet i'm the one who has to deal with them

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#9 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

there's nothing i would tell my past

if i told him anything, he might change and i would be losing not only my old self, but by extension my future self in the process

seems to me the best bet is to stay silent in this dimension

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

Extremely obsessed with TV, so much so that I had to have virtually all the styles and accessories that I watched being promoted. I also watched loads of cable and network news; feeding on all of that propagandistic garbage. As a result, I had no awareness of what was important in the world - or what was true, even.

I'm proud to say that I've been TV free for about 7 years.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Beat him with a stick.

I have a review for GTA LCS and boy , do i need some beating.

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

I'd beat the shit out of my teenage self, I was almost at that emo stage. I'm just thankful I never cut myself to "relieve" or "express" pain.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

I would tell myself to "stay away from that dumbass, money grubbing, low-life bitch. She wont do anything but pull you down and hold you back."

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Over 10 years is a long fucking time. I would go through for the sake of participating in this thread, but I can already tell you the result: I've changed a whole lot in the past 10 years. A WHOLE lot.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

My past self is an ass hole great guy.

Since most of my posts consisted of System Wars I'd say I generally preferred Sony to just about everyone else. However in recent years I've just grown so indifferent to all the console manufacturers except I definitely still dislike MS's business model and games the most.

For life in general I think I've always been someone afraid to take risks, now I pretty much do and say whatever is on my mind at the time because life is way too short to care about what others think of you, if those I associate with can't deal with that then they weren't worth my time in the first place.

I'd say the biggest lesson I've learned with my time on this little blue ball is just be yourself. The rest of the shit sorts itself out.

kalloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kalloo
Member since 2006 • 218 Posts

@comp_atkins: Seriously. F#-& that guy

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

I could've done so much better in my college years.

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

My past self was weak and pathetic, glad I changed that.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

I sometimes wish I could get amnesia to forget my past self. Cringes galore.

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gwynnblade
Member since 2015 • 931 Posts

If you had seen my past self, you'll appreciate yours. But here's the thing; everyone and I repeat, literally everyone on this planet thinks he's in the 'right' in the present. Right now, I believe I'm enlightened and whatnot but a few years later, I'll look back and say ''eww wth?''. This is how it's always been. Same goes about your physical appearance

Just for the sake of context, I'd say ... I don't even want to remember. I'll just say this to my past self: "You hardly matter lest you do something that actually matters. So stop being an onahole and set yourself straight''.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@Iszdope said:

I no like him.

why lol