Your closest encounter with death?

• 130 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Zerocrossings
Member since 2006 • 7988 Posts

Mine is when i was cleaning a ceiling fan,and someone turned on the power of the ceiling fan next to me,it nearly hit my neck but i moved away in time.Another time is when i was in a really crowded town,it was really flooding with people,you have to squeeze to get through and there was a moment where i got lost and had difficulty breathing,i got out later unharmed though,as my father somehow found me,but my wallet was gone.

Thats about the closest thing to death i have encountered.Nothing spectacular.So whats yours?

trigun3x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 trigun3x
Member since 2004 • 1987 Posts
my mate nearly running me over with his car and then getting into my car and another car smacking right into my side of the car, thankfully my old piece off poo at the time had strong panels and i was fine :) nothing too spectacular either
wrlyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wrlyy
Member since 2006 • 7632 Posts
Almost got hit by a bus once.. or twice.
Dasc00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 Dasc00
Member since 2006 • 4308 Posts
How would a cieling fan starting up, not even at full speed be able to take your head of?
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
let's just say there are no sidewalks where I live.
wrlyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wrlyy
Member since 2006 • 7632 Posts
How would a cieling fan starting up, not even at full speed be able to take your head of?Dasc00
That crossed my mind too.
RoflSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RoflSponge
Member since 2007 • 3155 Posts
I almost suffocated to death every morning for about a week. :) everytime i woke up i couldnt breathe for almost 2 minutes
Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Zerocrossings

[QUOTE="Dasc00"]How would a cieling fan starting up, not even at full speed be able to take your head of?wrlyy

It was already on when i was cleaning the ceiling fan,so its at full speed.Guess i should have phrased it better.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
i almost got hit by a mini-van when i was little, i tryed to run in the street and a van was going like 60mph in a 20mph zone
Dasc00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 Dasc00
Member since 2006 • 4308 Posts

[QUOTE="wrlyy"][QUOTE="Dasc00"]How would a cieling fan starting up, not even at full speed be able to take your head of?Zerocrossings

It was already on when i was cleaning the ceiling fan,so its at full speed.Guess i should have phrased it better.

O.
SolidsnakeY15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SolidsnakeY15
Member since 2004 • 2302 Posts
Uhmm l dunno about anything l can remember? l remember one very lame situation when l slipped forward in the toilet and almost hit my face but luckily my chest took the fall mostly and nothing happened... it was funny, l got up and was laughing whilst my sister was crying, she thought l'd smacked my head in or something... :lol:

But on a more dangerous level, when l was about 3 years old, we were at the beach and my mum wasn't paying attention for a minute and l started drowning.. luckily she got me out in time and l coughed out a lot of water apparently. l guess it's good l can't remember any of it, just to spare me the traumatisation :P
BrideInDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 BrideInDream
Member since 2006 • 2262 Posts
after watching dare devil... a car hit my hand with the side mirror
Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Zerocrossings

Uhmm l dunno about anything l can remember? l remember one very lame situation when l slipped forward in the toilet and almost hit my face but luckily my chest took the fall mostly and nothing happened... it was funny, l got up and was laughing whilst my sister was crying, she thought l'd smacked my head in or something... :lol:

But on a more dangerous level, when l was about 3 years old, we were at the beach and my mum wasn't paying attention for a minute and l started drowning.. luckily she got me out in time and l coughed out a lot of water apparently. l guess it's good l can't remember any of it, just to spare me the traumatisation :P
SolidsnakeY15

Oh yes,your posts reminds me,when i was 3,i had a very high fever i went into a fit.My dad says he was really freaked as he took me to the hospital.I cant really remember it.Spared from the traumatisation too. :P

Caffeine_Trip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Caffeine_Trip
Member since 2006 • 3390 Posts
Almost going into a coma.
staindcoldlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 staindcoldlp
Member since 2004 • 15121 Posts

I've swerved on ice a couple times, but nothing to dramatic.

Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Zerocrossings

Almost going into a coma.Caffeine_Trip

Wow, what happened.

Caffeine_Trip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Caffeine_Trip
Member since 2006 • 3390 Posts

[QUOTE="Caffeine_Trip"]Almost going into a coma.Zerocrossings

Wow, what happened.

I mixed too much beer with too much sedatives. I still think my brain is permanently fried because of that.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts
Two close encounters with lightening.....
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

I nearly drowned when I was 10 years-old.....if had not been for my older brother, I most likely would have died...

rahzel31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rahzel31
Member since 2004 • 2373 Posts
I got shot in the face... but seriously I don't remember any times where my life has been threatened
Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#21 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts
Probably driving everyday is the closest thing to death that I encounter.
mobomasterguru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mobomasterguru
Member since 2003 • 420 Posts
[QUOTE="Dasc00"]How would a cieling fan starting up, not even at full speed be able to take your head of?wrlyy

Mythbusters did an episiode on that, you need some really heavy duty fans at maximum speed to kill someone via the head area, otherwise it will not be fatal
Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Zerocrossings

[QUOTE="wrlyy"][QUOTE="Dasc00"]How would a cieling fan starting up, not even at full speed be able to take your head of?mobomasterguru

Mythbusters did an episiode on that, you need some really heavy duty fans at maximum speed to kill someone via the head area, otherwise it will not be fatal

CLOSEST encounter to death..

zsc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 zsc4
Member since 2005 • 5233 Posts

Mine is when i was cleaning a ceiling fan,and someone turned on the power of the ceiling fan next to me,it nearly hit my neck but i moved away in time.Another time is when i was in a really crowded town,it was really flooding with people,you have to squeeze to get through and there was a moment where i got lost and had difficulty breathing,i got out later unharmed though,as my father somehow found me,but my wallet was gone.

Thats about the closest thing to death i have encountered.Nothing spectacular.So whats yours?

Zerocrossings
The second one is funny, sorry.
imachelseafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 imachelseafan
Member since 2004 • 1543 Posts
I once jumped out of a tree, but my feet slipped as i pushed off. I nearly impaled my head on a nail sticking out of the trunk.....:? Luckily, i didn't - and managed to land fairly well to.
Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Zerocrossings

I once jumped out of a tree, but my feet slipped as i pushed off. I nearly impaled my head on a nail sticking out of the trunk.....:? Luckily, i didn't - and managed to land fairly well to.imachelseafan

Urgh

Sgt_Homonculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sgt_Homonculus
Member since 2006 • 1764 Posts
Posted this not so long ago, but I came close to drowning about a decade ago whilst swimming in a river (well, a creek...I was only small then). Dratted undercurrents...
Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts
I got so drunk one night I fell asleep on my back and starting being sick in my sleep. My mum came in my room and sat me up and I went sick every where. I had vomit induced bronchitis for months after it, but the weird thing was that my mum was meant to be working nights that night but she rang in sick. If she hadnt rang in sick there would have been no one in to wake me up :o The bronchitis hurt like hell as well so I wont be getting that drunk ever again.
-Karayan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -Karayan-
Member since 2006 • 6713 Posts

[QUOTE="wrlyy"][QUOTE="Dasc00"]How would a cieling fan starting up, not even at full speed be able to take your head of?Zerocrossings

Even then you'd likely just get a whiplash, there's no way that at full speed you have enough time to fully stick your head in between the rotors. Still, not something you wanna try out.
Guiltfeeder566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Guiltfeeder566
Member since 2005 • 10068 Posts
Well their was that time i fought 100,000 ninja's....
kdizzle815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kdizzle815
Member since 2004 • 2572 Posts
First incident. I'm not so sure if this one counts but I'll say it anyway. I used to stay in a housing project in teh ghetto. Me and my friends didn't feel like walkin to the park to play football so we just played in the parking lot. Long story short I caught a pass and hit my head on a garbage dumpster. I passed out. Luckily I'm short. If I was a little taller it could've been my eye or throat. Second incident. Was at a house party that got robbed. I went outside to get some fresh air cuz I had so much booze. The guys walked up and put a gun to my head and ordered me to enter the house. Nobody was hurt. But everybody was broke and shoeless. Third incident. Got shot at. A guy thought that I was somebody else. Him missing all those shots in my opinion is an act of God. I wanted to hunt him down but my rational/spiritual side said leave it to God. Folks like that always get whats coming to them
-Karayan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -Karayan-
Third incident. Got shot at. A guy thought that I was somebody else. Him missing all those shots in my opinion is an act of God. I wanted to hunt him down but my rational/spiritual side said leave it to God. Folks like that always get whats coming to themkdizzle815
You were just lucky, those that do get shot never get to say "God" let them down you know, only the ones that survive get to tell the tale.
XxArticunoxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 XxArticunoxX
Member since 2007 • 36 Posts

I've actually died before. Well technically. I have heart problems and such, and when I was 8 months old I had to have heart surgery. Afterwards, my heart beat was considerably weak. Then my heart just basically stopped. They revived me though(obviously). And here I am know telling you about it. o_o

DukeMillennium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DukeMillennium
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts
I think the closest encounter with death was...probably when I almost tripped on an escalator in the mall. Pathetic, I know, but that's all I can think of.
kdizzle815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kdizzle815
[QUOTE="kdizzle815"]Third incident. Got shot at. A guy thought that I was somebody else. Him missing all those shots in my opinion is an act of God. I wanted to hunt him down but my rational/spiritual side said leave it to God. Folks like that always get whats coming to them-Karayan-
You were just lucky

Thats one way of looking at it. But I honestly believe that it was divine intervention
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#36 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
I was in a car that went off the road and almost hit a tree. That's about it really. :P
-Karayan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 -Karayan-
[QUOTE="-Karayan-"][QUOTE="kdizzle815"]Third incident. Got shot at. A guy thought that I was somebody else. Him missing all those shots in my opinion is an act of God. I wanted to hunt him down but my rational/spiritual side said leave it to God. Folks like that always get whats coming to themkdizzle815
You were just lucky

Thats one way of looking at it. But I honestly believe that it was divine intervention

As long as you don't go trusting aspects of your live to your deity.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="kdizzle815"] Thats one way of looking at it. But I honestly believe that it was divine intervention-Karayan-

It's not your place to tell him how to live his life.....

-Karayan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 -Karayan-

[QUOTE="-Karayan-"][QUOTE="kdizzle815"] Thats one way of looking at it. But I honestly believe that it was divine interventionLJS9502_basic

And you wouldn't tell someone off if he decided not to put on a bulletproof vest and helmet because he thought god would protect him in combat. :roll:
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="-Karayan-"][QUOTE="kdizzle815"] Thats one way of looking at it. But I honestly believe that it was divine intervention-Karayan-

And you wouldn't tell someone off if he decided not to put on a bulletproof vest and helmet because he thought god would protect him in combat. :roll:

Nope.....

Sgt_Homonculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Sgt_Homonculus
Member since 2006 • 1764 Posts

Probably mine was nearly drowning as a kid because of a tidal;wave feature thing at Typhoon Lagoon in Florida. Never again. :PThorpe89

You and me both...be thankful you don't live off the Australian coast...here, you share the water with box jellyfish, sharks and *shudder* stonefish. Though on consideration, perhaps you shouldn't be all that thankful...

-Karayan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 -Karayan-
[QUOTE="-Karayan-"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="-Karayan-"][QUOTE="kdizzle815"] Thats one way of looking at it. But I honestly believe that it was divine interventionLJS9502_basic

Nope.....

Such a great parent you'd make.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LJS9502_basic

Such a great parent you'd make.-Karayan-

I am a great parent.  My child is well provided for and loved.  I am not, however, a parent to an adult stranger.  If you lived that long and don't know how to care for yourself.....what happens is entirely up to you. 

It's not logical how you try to argue two different scenarios as though they would be the same.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#46 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
Got hit by a car square in the head...other than that Death is really a nice guy, good at chess too.
kdizzle815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kdizzle815
[QUOTE="kdizzle815"][QUOTE="-Karayan-"][QUOTE="kdizzle815"]Third incident. Got shot at. A guy thought that I was somebody else. Him missing all those shots in my opinion is an act of God. I wanted to hunt him down but my rational/spiritual side said leave it to God. Folks like that always get whats coming to them-Karayan-
You were just lucky

Thats the best part about God. I can trust him with things that people can't handle.
-Karayan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 -Karayan-

[QUOTE="-Karayan-"] Such a great parent you'd make.LJS9502_basic

I am a great parent. My child is well provided for and loved. I am not, however, a parent to an adult stranger. If you lived that long and don't know how to care for yourself.....what happens is entirely up to you.

It's not logical how you try to argue two different scenarios as though they would be the same.

I actually care about other people, even those I haven't met....
[QUOTE="-Karayan-"][QUOTE="kdizzle815"][QUOTE="-Karayan-"][QUOTE="kdizzle815"]Third incident. Got shot at. A guy thought that I was somebody else. Him missing all those shots in my opinion is an act of God. I wanted to hunt him down but my rational/spiritual side said leave it to God. Folks like that always get whats coming to themkdizzle815
You were just lucky

Thats the best part about God. I can trust him with things that people can't handle.

Yeah, you go on and play 6 rounds of Russian Roulette, and see how much you can trust him then.
kdizzle815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kdizzle815
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="-Karayan-"] Such a great parent you'd make.-Karayan-

I am a great parent. My child is well provided for and loved. I am not, however, a parent to an adult stranger. If you lived that long and don't know how to care for yourself.....what happens is entirely up to you.

It's not logical how you try to argue two different scenarios as though they would be the same.

I actually care about other people, even those I haven't met....
[QUOTE="-Karayan-"][QUOTE="kdizzle815"][QUOTE="-Karayan-"][QUOTE="kdizzle815"]Third incident. Got shot at. A guy thought that I was somebody else. Him missing all those shots in my opinion is an act of God. I wanted to hunt him down but my rational/spiritual side said leave it to God. Folks like that always get whats coming to themkdizzle815
You were just lucky

Yeah, you go on and play 6 rounds of Russian Roulette, and see how much you can trust him then.

That makes no sense. I'm not going to put my life in jeopardy on purpose.
-Karayan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 -Karayan-
[QUOTE="kdizzle815"] That makes no sense. I'm not going to put my life in jeopardy on purpose.

You do when you trust on god to protect. In that I like more. "I help those who help themselves."