You pull the left one out...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

courtneyygee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 courtneyygee
Member since 2006 • 785 Posts

On August 12, I am getting my wisdom teeth taken out.

Any advice from people who have already had this done?

I heard from someone, get a large tube sock and fill it with ice and wrap it around your head...

Another thing I heard was use a frozen vegtable like peas, since the bag will mold to your head.

Any other words of advice would be greatly appreciated...=]

Avatar image for RenegadePatriot
RenegadePatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 RenegadePatriot
Member since 2007 • 20815 Posts
I find that just taking the medicine they give you helps the most.
courtneyygee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 courtneyygee

I find that just taking the medicine they give you helps the most.RenegadePatriot

Perks....lol

crazy-player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 crazy-player
Member since 2005 • 2909 Posts
The title is misleading.
XanderKage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 XanderKage
Member since 2006 • 8956 Posts
A friend of mine had his wisdom teeth pulled out. He said it wasn't painful at all, due to the anasthaetics (or however you spell "painkillers" in the medical way) but the feeling of drilling deep inside the mouth was aweful.
GTAps2SanA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GTAps2SanA
Member since 2005 • 3716 Posts
I had all 4 taken out at once. I have sort of a high tolerance for pain... i found that taking the medication and changing the gause everytime I needed to made it better. Do EVERYTHING the doctor tells you and you should be fine within a few days. I thought I'd dread getting them out, but it's over with now and I'm fine.
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#7 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts

The title is misleading.crazy-player

It's the hokey-pokey...

My wisdom teeth were all impacted, so mine was a lot worse than normal. I couldn't open my mouth just enough for some slushee to drink. Finally, I got so sick of that that I put some mozzerella sticks in a blender with some marinara and made a mozz stick shake :?

XanderKage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 XanderKage
Member since 2006 • 8956 Posts
BTW, why does one need to have his wisdom teeth pulled out? I have three wisdom teeth already grown, with the last one on the way, everything seems fine..
Flabu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 Flabu
Member since 2003 • 185 Posts

My wisdom teeth experience was as follows: go into the office, get a needle into my arm, slowly get a nice buzz that turns into darkness, really fast.

Upon waking up I felt like a million bucks, no pain what so ever, i tried to get up on my own, the nurse yelled at me because i almost fell over, and i was bleeding a ton, good times. I went into the recovery room and layed down after my father and the nurse walked my in there. On the ride home I was pretty high from the medication still, hilarious conversation with my dad, I was all gaused up and mumbling.

We went to the pharmacy to fill the prescription they gave to me. Tylenol 3(tylenol /w codiene), OUCH. That medication is useless when it comes to pain management.

I tried to work with it, but after about 6 hours the medication from the office that knocked me out started to wear off and the pain become much more prevelent.

The Tylenol 3 was not cutting it, so I found a way to get some stronger stuff, which worked just fine and after about 2 days the pain was no longer an issue really, just slight aches and pain.

By 5 days I was out drinking and smoking with my buddies again.

FYI: I only had one impacted, they had to cut into my jaw bone to get it out, that was the only one that hurt more than 2 days.

BobbyTurkalino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: -4

#10 BobbyTurkalino
Member since 2003 • 31460 Posts

BTW, why does one need to have his wisdom teeth pulled out? I have three wisdom teeth already grown, with the last one on the way, everything seems fine..XanderKage

Usually there isnt enough room in the jaw for them. So down the road when they're fully grown in they can cause pressure against the other teeth back there causing real problems. Its rare that some people can have them left alone, so if that's you well good on ya.

tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts
make sure to listen to what they say and the ice will help alot it helped when i got it done and don't eat before hand unless you have a very strong stomach
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
I have no idea dude
courtneyygee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 courtneyygee

[QUOTE="crazy-player"]The title is misleading.spazzx625

It's the hokey-pokey...

My wisdom teeth were all impacted, so mine was a lot worse than normal. I couldn't open my mouth just enough for some slushee to drink. Finally, I got so sick of that that I put some mozzerella sticks in a blender with some marinara and made a mozz stick shake :?

All of mine are impacted too.....=X