ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

Last Saturday prior to WrestleMania 35 in the MetLife Stadium, WWE held its annual Hall of Fame in Brooklyn. The Hart Foundation was inducted during the ceremony, which included Canadian legend Bret Hart and Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart (with his daughter Natalya standing in due to him passing away last year). During Hart’s speech, a fan ran past security, jumped into the ring, and tackled Hart. The live feed was promptly blacked out to prevent the actual assault from being broadcasted on the WWE Network:

Of course, it’s 2019, and the vast majority of the people in the arena are going to have cell phones. Attendees posted videos of what happened after WWE cut the feed.Several wrestlers as well as Ronda Rousey’s husband MMA fighter Travis Browne came to Hart’s rescue.

Browne and a few of the wrestlers took care of the fan, with him receiving a few shots and probably regretting life at that movement. They then turned him over to security to face arrest and criminal charges.

Do you think the WWE will consider tighter security after this incident? Also, on more positive news, WWE wrestler Kofi Kingston won the WWE Championship, making him the first African-born performer to be awarded the title.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Pretty sure his wife is the cashier at the grocery store I go to.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

I thought Bret Hart was dead...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58915 Posts

@SOedipus said:

His brother,

-

Pretty bad security.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56082 Posts

It's all over on Twitter if you're on there. Bret's trending, click his name and you'll see plenty of vids. WWE Stream cut out as it happened but a ton of people in the crowd got all of it lol.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@SOedipus said:

His brother,

-

Pretty bad security.

Oh shit. I remember the details of the death, just thought it was Bret.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@SOedipus said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@SOedipus said:

His brother,

-

Pretty bad security.

Oh shit. I remember the details of the death, just thought it was Bret.

I couldn’t blame you for forgetting if you aren’t keeping up with wrestling, next month it will be 20 years since he died in Kansas City.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

I remember it quite well, they didn't cancel the shows, poor old king and JR had to carry on knowing full well their freind was potentially dead.

It's kind of amazing actually, a lot of people shit on the wrestling as some lower tier entertainment when people literally put their bodies on the line and die for it, and basically screw up their (irl) in the process.

Meanwhile you have people praising giving Hollywood actors god status, when 90% of the battle scenes now are a stunt double that get no credit or a PS2 character fighting Thanos while they bugger off back to their trailer that is bigger than most peoples houses.

Just as an example, Undertaker arrived, climbed up a cage and continued the entire match with a broken foot, and they legit through Mick Foley might have died when he dropped, with Mick Foley having lied from the start. Nearly killed twice in a single match.

Loading Video...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56082 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

I remember it quite well, they didn't cancel the shows, poor old king and JR had to carry on knowing full well their freind was potentially dead.

It's kind of amazing actually, a lot of people shit on the wrestling as some lower tier entertainment when people literally put their bodies on the line and die for it, and basically screw up their (irl) in the process.

Meanwhile you have people praising giving Hollywood actors god status, when 90% of the battle scenes now are a stunt double that get no credit or a PS2 character fighting Thanos while they bugger off back to their trailer that is bigger than most peoples houses.

Just as an example, Undertaker arrived, climbed up a cage and continued the entire match with a broken foot, and they legit through Mick Foley might have died when he dropped, with Mick Foley having lied from the start. Nearly killed twice in a single match.

Loading Video...

Now this is what I called legendary match and 20 years later, I was watching this match at home and afterwords, you will never see anything like this again.

I appreciate everything you’ve done for this company, but I never want to see anything like that again-Vince mMcMahon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@uninspiredcup: the fall from the cell to the announce table was planned.

The fall through the cell where the chair hit him in the mouth wasn't.

Most people forget Foley came back out the next match and took a stunner from Austin.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@Nuck81 said:

@uninspiredcup: the fall from the cell to the announce table was planned.

The fall through the cell where the chair hit him in the mouth wasn't.

Most people forget Foley came back out the next match and took a stunner from Austin.

And?

Sorry, wait.

We seen his drop 16 feet and get up again. Get dropped roughly 12 foot with his tooth being forced through his face into his nose, and immediately after being stitched it up, and after all that shit, he went out again, and you're stating that like... it diminishes the danger or dedication to his craft?

This... makes me appreciate them more.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

McMahon was in the fight of his life with WCW when this happened so it should not shock anyone to learn the show continued..........because Owen would have wanted it that way (according to some) but his family disagreed.

I agree with your comments about hollyweird. I agree fully and completely. Think about how very little they do with how they are compensated and treated by John Q. Public. There was a Twilight Zone episode some 50+ years ago that hit on the issue rather well. The actor's role was a gunslinger in an old wild west town and any time there was the possibility of getting physical he called for the stunt double and when the point came in which his acting program turned into reality, he didn't know what to do.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@uninspiredcup: what? Have you ever met Mick Foley? I have.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44144 Posts

Saw that a few days ago and yeah that “fan” was a total idiot for doing something like that. They’ll probably have tighter security next time though.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Why on earth would some....... wait no I know why crazy people do crazy shit but darn that guy probably wishes he had not been either stoned/drunk or simply mindboggling blank and decided to attack someone in a place where there is a hall full of people who would break most guys in half in a second.

But wonder what happened to him afterwards

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16878 Posts

@Jacanuk: Last I read, he was charged with assault.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/ny-nebraska-man-arrested-wwe-hall-of-fame-assault-bret-hart-20190407-ygyjwv2q6ze47kqj3m3pa6crem-story.html