Would you support a all out gun ban in America?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

00-Riddick-00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 00-Riddick-00
Member since 2009 • 18884 Posts

like the title says.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Nope
konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

No.

that would only leave the criminals and such with guns, while normal people and law inforcement would have no guns to defend themselves.

bans dont magically get rid of all guns, they just make them illegal for people to have. which means nothing to criminals/gangs as they get guns regardless of legality.

an all out gun ban, is not the answer.

IdioticIcarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 IdioticIcarus
Member since 2012 • 2167 Posts

There is no way it would work where I live. More people own guns than not.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#5 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
There's a reason the second amendment exists...
awesomeface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 awesomeface
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts

Absolutely not. If people are determined, they will get their hands on a weapon. A ban on guns won`t change that, it`s the individual we should be focusing on.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

I wouldn't support it, but I wouldn't fight against it.

Honestly though, I like shooting guns, but I understand the need for exhaustive measures against them. Simply forcing more checks to make sure someone is allowed to use a gun, giving a fine to people who don't safely lock away their weapons, and limiting the types of weapons and magazines out there so people can't arm themselves for war would be enough, but if people with mental illnesses can be properly treated and guns more properly checked on then we wouldn't even have to go that far to curb some crime and shootings.

heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts
Nah
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#9 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Nope.

So only criminals and government have guns......not a good combo against us normal citizens.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Nah I support the opposite. Make guns easier to obtain and simply enforce gun use education.
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

No. Doesn't solve anything and people can still get them by illegal means. Then guess what? They can go stick up nearly anyone because 9 times out of 10, the victim won't be armed...

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fightingfan

No. Doesn't solve anything and people can still get them by illegal means. Then guess what? They can go stick up nearly anyone because 9 times out of 10, the victim won't be armed...

tocool340
Australia did that and their rape and overall crime rate skyrocketed; look at Mexico too.
walkingdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 walkingdream
Member since 2009 • 4883 Posts

[QUOTE="tocool340"]

Fightingfan

Australia did that and their rape and overall crime rate skyrocketed; look at Mexico too.

Ugh most people here in Australia would agree that the Howard Governments quick and swiftful movement of gun control was an excellent decision. We have not had a mass shooting since, also i would like to see some proof that because of a gun control crime rates and rape have gone up? Even if true i very much doubt it's because of our severe gun control.

Honestly most/rest of the first world find Americas reluctency on gun control is ridiculous, in fact pretty unfamothable.

I support a ban entirely, however i am not an American.

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts

It would never happen -- the South would never allow it.

You might as well round up all the country musicians and throw them in the ocean.

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
Yes, wholeheartedly.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Definitely no.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="tocool340"]

walkingdream

Ugh most people here in Australia would agree that the Howard Governments quick and swiftful movement of gun control was an excellent decision. We have not had a mass shooting since, also i would like to see some proof that because of a gun control crime rates and rape have gone up? Even if true i very much doubt it's because of our severe gun control.

Honestly most/rest of the first world find Americas reluctency on gun control is ridiculous, in fact pretty unfamothable.

A complete ban would mean only police and criminals have guns.

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Crushmaster
Member since 2008 • 4324 Posts

No, not by any means. In fact, gun regulation should be virtually nonexistent.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
No. It's unconstitutional but even more importantly it doesn't solve the issue at hand. Guns aren't the problem, why people are using them is the problem.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
No way! I don't understand how anyone could support the taking of our rights like that.
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

No. Even if there was such a law put into place it wouldn't do much but make the situation worse.

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

walkingdream
You speak for a huge body of people, many of which aren't very educated and have very little knowledge of the United States' culture. I'm going to say no. We should be looking at WHY people are using the guns rather than the guns themselves. Many of the recent issues have been matters of the failing healthcare and pharmaceutical industry.
sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 sune_Gem
Member since 2006 • 12463 Posts

It'd be too late for that.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts

id support a ban on guns for the whole world.

makes me think of that 2010 movie Bunraku (such an awesome movie)

walkingdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 walkingdream

[QUOTE="walkingdream"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"] Australia did that and their rape and overall crime rate skyrocketed; look at Mexico too. Fightingfan

Exactly

How it is here in Australia pretty much.

walkingdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 walkingdream

[QUOTE="walkingdream"]

Saturos3091

You speak for a huge body of people, many of which aren't very educated and have very little knowledge of the United States' culture. I'm going to say no. We should be looking at WHY people are using the guns rather than the guns themselves. Many of the recent issues have been matters of the failing healthcare and pharmaceutical industry.

I'm just discussing with people i have talked to on the issue, you must admit the gun/crime rate in America is huge...

EDIT: Also love reading this thread Americans:lol:

DEY TOOK OUR RIGHTS!! GUNS + GUNS = Less violence:roll:

Angie7F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Angie7F
Member since 2011 • 1175 Posts

Australia did that and their rape and overall crime rate skyrocketed; look at Mexico too. walkingdream

My thoughts exactly.

It would be easier to count countries with gun control than it is to think of ones without one even though they are not in war etc.

oldmanriver1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 oldmanriver1
Member since 2009 • 726 Posts

[QUOTE="walkingdream"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"] Australia did that and their rape and overall crime rate skyrocketed; look at Mexico too. Fightingfan

Yeap thats how most of the world works funnily enough

psdsoldier25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 psdsoldier25
Member since 2007 • 242 Posts

Absolutely Not!!! To all the politicians good luck trying to pass that one. I read somewhere that America was one of the most armed nations around the planet. The stats said that their was 9 guns for every 10 U.S. citizens and they low balled thatfigure. I would cite my source but i cannot remember exactly where i read that at. Luckily i live in the South because the majority of the people down here are in an up-roar over recent developments and arguments over firearms. Get ready for a crap storm out of the south if this were to come to pass....

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#31 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I yam not from the US and no.

fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 fastesttruck
Member since 2005 • 25353 Posts
No. People that want gun bans are stupid. And learn some grammar.
00-Riddick-00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#33 00-Riddick-00
Member since 2009 • 18884 Posts

[QUOTE="Saturos3091"][QUOTE="walkingdream"]

walkingdream

I'm just discussing with people i have talked to on the issue, you must admit the gun/crime rate in America is huge...

EDIT: Also love reading this thread Americans:lol:

DEY TOOK OUR RIGHTS!! GUNS + GUNS = Less violence:roll:

So instead let the corrupt Governments have the guns? Nice logic.. 2nd amendment was put in place to keep tyrants from coming to power. You aren't even American, yet you post in this thread. Why?
Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

Hell no!

I've never owned a gun and I dont plan on getting one, but I fully understand and respect the right to bare arms.

I'm surprised its such a big topic of discussion tbh and I'm surprised its been going on for so long. Banning guns leads to literally no pros and all cons. Its one of the few major debates that is completely black and white. I guess common sense is not so common.

rocinante_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rocinante_
Member since 2012 • 1772 Posts

God bless,
Crushmaster.

Crushmaster

LOL

anyway, i think that the only guns people should be allowed to use are handguns with low-capacity magazines--you know, like the ones cops use.

ideally, i think all guns should be banned, but that's wishful thinking in the case of the usa. makes me grateful that i don't live there.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts
There's a reason the second amendment exists... JustPlainLucas
what is that reason?
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

The UK is the ideal model for this sort of thing

Avatar image for CycleOfViolence
CycleOfViolence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 CycleOfViolence
Member since 2011 • 2813 Posts

No.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
Nope. I like the citizens have the ability to keep the government in check....now if only more people would be informed of the issues and vote.
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BossPerson
Nope. I like the citizens have the ability to keep the government in check....now if only more people would be informed of the issues and vote.LJS9502_basic
you can't be serious. A bunch of people with handguns are going to keep the government in check?
rocinante_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 rocinante_
Member since 2012 • 1772 Posts

[QUOTE="rocinante_"]

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]

God bless,
Crushmaster.

thegerg

LOL

anyway, i think that the only guns people should be allowed to use are handguns with low-capacity magazines--you know, like the ones cops use.

ideally, i think all guns should be banned, but that's wishful thinking in the case of the usa. makes me grateful that i don't live there.

What about the other types of weapons that cops have (ARs, MP9s, handguns with other than low capacity magazines, shotguns, etc.)?

nope, i was just referring to the standard pistols cops get.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Nope. I like the citizens have the ability to keep the government in check....now if only more people would be informed of the issues and vote.BossPerson
you can't be serious. A bunch of people with handguns are going to keep the government in check?

Where did I say handguns only? Please enlighten me. Revolution was fought and won with guerrilla tactics. And that has been successful for many conflicts since.
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BossPerson
[QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Nope. I like the citizens have the ability to keep the government in check....now if only more people would be informed of the issues and vote.LJS9502_basic

Where did I say handguns only? Please enlighten me. Revolution was fought and won with guerrilla tactics. And that has been successful for many conflicts since.

fine, semi automatic weapons too. Until you can purchase a military helicopter, don't talk about "keeping the government in check"
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

thegerg

Really? A place with such a high violent crime rate?

Sauce please?

I was refering to gun crime,

I'll be waiting for that source btw?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="BossPerson"]you can't be serious. A bunch of people with handguns are going to keep the government in check?BossPerson

fine, semi automatic weapons too. Until you can purchase a military helicopter, don't talk about "keeping the government in check"

Because nothing can hit a helicopter....oh wait.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="thegerg"][QUOTE="Zaibach"]

Zaibach

Really? A place with such a high violent crime rate?

Sauce please?

I was refering to gun crime,

I'll be waiting for that source btw?

Does it really matter if someone is killed with a knife or a gun? I mean dead is dead....
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 BossPerson
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Where did I say handguns only? Please enlighten me. Revolution was fought and won with guerrilla tactics. And that has been successful for many conflicts since.

Because nothing can hit a helicopter....oh wait.

nothing that americans can purchase. Unless you think people should be able to by anti-aircraft guns?
not_wanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 not_wanted
Member since 2008 • 1990 Posts

No.

that would only leave the criminals and such with guns, while normal people and law inforcement would have no guns to defend themselves.

bans dont magically get rid of all guns, they just make them illegal for people to have. which means nothing to criminals/gangs as they get guns regardless of legality.

an all out gun ban, is not the answer.

konvikt_17

lol wut? I'm pretty sure he didn't mean the police and the army.

You are missing the point here. Criminals/gangs don't start shooting people at the mall, school etc. for no reason. I'm sorry to say this but (looking also at the poll and from past topics) you Americans deserve what's happening nowadays in your country.

And what makes you think that having/carrying a gun can save your life if a lunatic pulls out a gun in front of you and starts shooting in a mall? Do you keep your finger on the trigger all the time or what? This isn't like in the wild west anymore.