Would you get a brain chip in the future?

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By warmblur
Member since 2017 • 6855 Posts
  • Pros
  • Full immersive VR feels as real as a dream but you can do whatever you want and also can play your favorite video games in it in real life form if you want and you can play as anybody you want. Same goes for movies anything is possible.
  • Faster learning just upload how to fly a helicopter from the cloud and practice it in VR and done.
  • Go to sleep on demand nervous about a job interview and can't sleep that night just put in the hours when you want to sleep and that's it.
  • I could go on and on but I'll stop there.

• Cons
  • Small chance of getting brain hacked
  • There could be privacy issues
  • Something could go wrong with the chip and cause a issue with your brain

For me it is a easy choice I will take the brain chip to have full immersion VR and all the other benefits it is worth the risk I'm willing to take.

What about you?

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

User Lists: 0

#2 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 8243 Posts

Yup. F*** this monkey brain and its limitations. Let's embrace technological advancement and open new horizons.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 6223 Posts

I certainly wouldn't be one of the first ones to sign up. It would very much be a guinea pig type of thing. So maybe I'll get one a few years later after all the kinks have been ironed out. It's exciting, though.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 11391 Posts

No. They can't even protect your penis from getting hacked.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 45532 Posts

This is the part when Humanity finally abandon God and we created our own God.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 7273 Posts

Only if it is open source.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 warmblur

@girlusocrazy said:

No. They can't even protect your penis from getting hacked.

Damn people suck.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 6223 Posts

"Excuse me, but I think your chastity belt needs a firewall." Gives new meaning to "balls to the wall."

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 33820 Posts

Oh hell no. There is absolutely no Pro that outweighs the biggest Cons of them all which is that it could be used to alter your behaviours, memories, personality, very way of thinking etc.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 49250 Posts

110% yes.

Pros outweigh the cons.

We already trust our wealth, security, lives, health, and so on to faceless corporations that are constantly hacked and don't care on the best of days. What's adding our minds to the mix going to cost us that isn't already really at risk?

Besides, hackers don't really go after us common folks (they do if we aren't careful, mind you, but not like as targets), they generally go after the rich people or companies and such.

@madrocketeer said:

Yup. F*** this monkey brain and its limitations. Let's embrace technological advancement and open new horizons.

Yeah I fully look forward to the day where knowledge is essentially a.) absolute and b.) literally available to everyone. I'd like to think humanity would make huge strides in progress, but I also like to think people are generally good and am proven wrong regularly lol.

Part of me thinks that we might actually get to relax a bit more. Maybe enter into a Star Trek-type of society where automation is so complete people can pursue intangible goals instead of "buying a house".

In either case, however, I expect things to happen quickly.

Humanity needs whatever is going to bring the next "jump" ASAP before things get to terrible. We are more or less stewing in our own complacency, decadence, and filth right now. Something needs to shatter the status quo. I know i am being dramatic but **** it.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By warmblur

@mrbojangles25 said:

110% yes.

Pros outweigh the cons.

We already trust our wealth, security, lives, health, and so on to faceless corporations that are constantly hacked and don't care on the best of days. What's adding our minds to the mix going to cost us that isn't already really at risk?

Besides, hackers don't really go after us common folks (they do if we aren't careful, mind you, but not like as targets), they generally go after the rich people or companies and such.

@madrocketeer said:

Yeah I fully look forward to the day where knowledge is essentially a.) absolute and b.) literally available to everyone. I'd like to think humanity would make huge strides in progress, but I also like to think people are generally good and am proven wrong regularly lol.

Part of me thinks that we might actually get to relax a bit more. Maybe enter into a Star Trek-type of society where automation is so complete people can pursue intangible goals instead of "buying a house".

Humanity needs whatever is going to bring the next "jump" ASAP before things get to terrible. We are more or less stewing in our own complacency, decadence, and filth right now. Something needs to shatter the status quo. I know i am being dramatic but **** it.

I'm nostalgia for the old days for a reason. I cannot stand modern day not only because of covid but the way society is obsessed with social media and smart phones. I miss the pre 9/11 world the most hell I even miss some of the early 00's.I realize I'm like a boomer now that's loves the 50's lol. Anyways give me some of that Black Mirror San Junipero shit.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 15978 Posts

I had a stroke on the 5th of January.

After that, there’s no way on god’s green earth would I ever consent to anyone opening up my noggin to alter the works. I can’t express how terrifying it was to have a sudden onset of symptoms that altered my perception. Vision went blurry, then I couldn’t swallow, then I was vomiting uncontrollably, I couldn’t walk, retain balance. What was next? Going blind? Losing my bowels? Not being able to read or understand language? Recognize faces? I’d never been so scared in my entire life.

I know this is a hypothetical that IF it was safe, would I allow it. Still no. There’s nothing more of an intrusion on the integrity of the self than to have your mind under assault. Never ever EVER going to happen.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 124881 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

110% yes.

Pros outweigh the cons.

@madrocketeer said:

Hey now you would kill 99% of the conmen out there.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 49250 Posts

@horgen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

110% yes.

Pros outweigh the cons.

@madrocketeer said:

Hey now you would kill 99% of the conmen out there.

I suppose they need to make a living too. How selfish of me, not taking their livelihood into account

:P

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 warmblur

@MirkoS77 said:

After that, there’s no way on god’s green earth would I ever consent to anyone opening up my noggin to alter the works. I can’t express how terrifying it was to have a sudden onset of symptoms that altered my perception. Vision went blurry, then I couldn’t swallow, then I was vomiting uncontrollably, I couldn’t walk, retain balance. What was next? Going blind? Losing my bowels? Not being able to read or understand language? Recognize faces? I’d never been so scared in my entire life.

I know this is a hypothetical that IF it was safe, would I allow it. Still no. There’s nothing more of an intrusion on the integrity of the self than to have your mind under assault. Never ever EVER going to happen.

Wow I'm glad your still with us that must of been so damn scary do they know what caused it? if you don't mind me asking.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MirkoS77

@warmblur said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Wow I'm glad your still with us that must of been so damn scary do they know what caused it? if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks.

They believe it was due to treatment from a previous medical condition. I have a tumor in my chest that I was diagnosed with at 21. Part of my treatment was six weeks of radiation. Docs think it hardened an artery in my neck, tearing it, calcifying plaque deposits which slowly broke off, traveled to brain, and formed a clot for a ischemic stroke. Came to a head on the 5th.

Not due to my lifestyle, but some of it probably didn't help matters. But thankfully I dodged a bullet, it could've been worse. I spent two weeks in rehab learning to walk all over again and my coordination feels perpetually drunk, but all my mental faculties are here which is what is most important to me. It mostly just affected my coordination (cerebellum).

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 warmblur

@MirkoS77 said:
@warmblur said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Thanks.

They believe it was due to treatment from a previous medical condition. I have a tumor in my chest that I was diagnosed with at 21. Part of my treatment was six weeks of radiation. Docs think it hardened an artery in my neck, tearing it, calcifying plaque deposits which slowly broke off, traveled to brain, and formed a clot for a ischemic stroke. Came to a head on the 5th.

Not due to my lifestyle, but some of it probably didn't help matters. But thankfully I dodged a bullet, it could've been worse. I spent two weeks in rehab learning to walk all over again and my coordination feels perpetually drunk, but all my mental faculties are here which is what is most important to me. It mostly just affected my coordination (cerebellum).

Damn, you've been through alot of shit hopefully the worst is behind you.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 20600 Posts

I would use it if it can't be remotely hacked.

I would love to have one if it made better at solving things. Also would want it to regulate my neurotransmitters so I don't feel terrible most of the time.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 1519 Posts

@MirkoS77: Hope you recover quickly!

My dad had a stroke back in 2007, it was a pretty big shock to all of us. But he walked out of the hospital with a cane, but after several months of physio-therapy he was able to ditch it.

His lifestyle has completely changed, healthy food and daily exercise.

He’s back on the cane these days, but he is now 82 years old.

As you’re young, I’m sure you’ll have an excellent recovery!

Regarding brain-chips...not 100%. I’m satisfied with what I was born with.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MirkoS77

@kadin_kai: thanks, I’m sorry to hear about your dad but it sounds like he recovered well!