Would You Defend This Guy?

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

12Bullets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 12Bullets
Member since 2009 • 1024 Posts

would help this guy or walk away?

DarkPrinceXC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DarkPrinceXC
Member since 2003 • 5921 Posts
I would never be in New Jersey to begin with.
entropyecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 entropyecho
Member since 2005 • 22053 Posts

I would never be in New Jersey to begin with. DarkPrinceXC
Hahaha

hedden93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 hedden93
Member since 2009 • 5496 Posts

i would have at least tried to help.

DarkPrinceXC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DarkPrinceXC

[QUOTE="DarkPrinceXC"]I would never be in New Jersey to begin with. entropyecho

Hahaha

Seriously though, I'd probably help the guy.
Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Brutal_Elitegs
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
Maybe if I was as bulked up like that guy or with a group of friends I might intervene but I'd probably just call the cops. I wouldn't want any of my family members tackling a group of thugs by themselves like that lady did in the end, that's just asking for trouble.
12Bullets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 12Bullets
iuts not that rough over there :P
DarkPrinceXC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DarkPrinceXC
[QUOTE="DarkPrinceXC"]I would never be in New Jersey to begin with. 12Bullets
iuts not that rough over there :P

Meh, I hate the accents. :)
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

I would. I'm a good person and beefy like that black guy that helped.

Famiking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Famiking
Member since 2009 • 4879 Posts
Put my head down in shame.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I don't know... I'm not in the best of physical shape and might just get hurt or killed myself. I have no idea what I'm getting myself into in that kind of situation, and would just call the police.

And the police even recommend not getting involved and just calling them, its their job.

Nerd_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nerd_Man
Member since 2007 • 13819 Posts

LOL you never see that in California. :|:lol:

Famiking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Famiking
Calling the police? Isn't that for emergencies? Or can you call for whatever crime? >_>
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 foxhound_fox

Calling the police? Isn't that for emergencies? Or can you call for whatever crime? >_>Famiking

I do believe assault is a crime.

12Bullets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 12Bullets
Calling the police? Isn't that for emergencies? Or can you call for whatever crime? >_>Famiking
but would you physically defend them is the question
zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 zakkro
Member since 2004 • 48823 Posts
So they filmed the guy get beat up and didn't help him? Or was the guy an actor? Or did some pedestrian film it? What?
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#17 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
I would at least tried I hope, if I was with a group especially
12Bullets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 12Bullets
So they filmed the guy get beat up and didn't help him? Or was the guy an actor? Or did some pedestrian film it? What? zakkro
its a social experiment. they are all actors with cameras everywhere. he was never in danger but the people didnt know that.
tbone29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tbone29
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts
So they filmed the guy get beat up and didn't help him? Or was the guy an actor? Or did some pedestrian film it? What? zakkro
The guys jumping him, and the victim are all actors. The camera crew was filming it to see if any pedestrians (unaware that it's acting) would step in and defend the guy, or at least call the police. You can't expect everyone to physically intervene, but they should at least call the police. I'd like to say that at the very least I would try to break it up and let the guys know I called the police, but it's a kind of thing you'd have to experience.
zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 zakkro
Member since 2004 • 48823 Posts
Oh, I didn't bother to watch the entire video. Yeah, I woulda helped the guy...
greenleaflink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 greenleaflink
Member since 2006 • 3686 Posts

I would not, cause I would get my ass kicked as well.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#22 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

Considering that I'm 5'7", that I'm barely over 130 lbs., and that I have no training or experience in fighting one person, let alone three people, no, I imagine I would not attempt to directly intervene. If I did, then there would be two people getting beaten up and in need of assistance. :P

I imagine I would probably dial 911 though.

despa1r_fact0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#23 despa1r_fact0r
Member since 2008 • 24611 Posts
I would help out the guy, because if I was being attacked I would hope that someone would come to my aid.
12Bullets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 12Bullets
[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

Considering that I'm 5'7", that I'm barely over 130 lbs., and that I have no training or experiencing in fighting one person, let alone three people, no, I imagine I would not attempt to directly intervene. If I did, then there would be two people getting beaten up and in need of assistance. :P

at least you could slightly even the odds
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 foxhound_fox

Considering that I'm 5'7", that I'm barely over 130 lbs., and that I have no training or experiencing in fighting one person, let alone three people, no, I imagine I would not attempt to directly intervene. If I did, then there would be two people getting beaten up and in need of assistance. :P

GabuEx

See, that's the problem I have with the video. I wouldn't get involved because I have no idea what their motives are and what kind of weaponry they might be packing. Sure, it could end up like it did in the video, and I'd be a hero... or it could end up with me bleeding to death on the curb with half my skull crushed in and the people who care about me wondering why I didn't just call the police.

And if later down the road, I end up having children, I won't be doing stupid things like that ever, because then my children could lose their father and half the support for our family. Unless of course I know I have the ability to over-power their group with my own group. But if I'm alone, no chance in hell. Sure, its selfish to not help... but I'm not exactly the kind of person with the ability to rescue others from people most likely stronger than me. Yeah, if I were built like the black dude, I'd easily try and do something... but I'm all flubby and weak and don't have commanding body language.

Jaidyn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jaidyn1
Member since 2009 • 319 Posts

Yes i would but at the same time try not to make things worse!

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FFCYAN

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

foxhound_fox

See, that's the problem I have with the video. I wouldn't get involved because I have no idea what their motives are and what kind of weaponry they might be packing. Sure, it could end up like it did in the video, and I'd be a hero... or it could end up with me bleeding to death on the curb with half my skull crushed in and the people who care about me wondering why I didn't just call the police.

And if later down the road, I end up having children, I won't be doing stupid things like that ever, because then my children could lose their father and half the support for our family. Unless of course I know I have the ability to over-power their group with my own group. But if I'm alone, no chance in hell. Sure, its selfish to not help... but I'm not exactly the kind of person with the ability to rescue others from people most likely stronger than me. Yeah, if I were built like the black dude, I'd easily try and do something... but I'm all flubby and weak and don't have commanding body language.

That's completely understandable but most people in the experiment did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! The guy said something on the lines of 67% of the people who saw the assault did nothing. That's awful.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
I'd help if I could. I can't walk away from somebody who needs help.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#29 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

foxhound_fox

I don't think I'd beat them up but I'd be rightly pissed. I hope you'd at least call the police and I assume you would. The point of that video is that 67 people didn't even call the police. That's what is significant.

BobbyTurkalino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: -4

#30 BobbyTurkalino
Member since 2003 • 31460 Posts
Now I'm not saying I'd be the big hero and hand all those guys a whuppin without breaking a sweat, I'm just saying I couldnt just walk away. I would walk over to them telling them to get lost and do my best to look as intimidating as possible.
12Bullets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 12Bullets

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

foxhound_fox

yeah but the experement was showing that people wouldnt even call the cops in the name of extreme self preservation

travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 travisstaggs
Member since 2008 • 10562 Posts

would help this guy or walk away?

12Bullets

I would of attempted too.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

We all die anyways so I would help in some way, yell, call 911, or physically intervene.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#34 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

We all die anyways so I would help in some way, yell, call 911, or physically intervene.

gago-gago

We all die anyways, but that does not mean that it is a good thing to expedite the process. :P

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts
I'd call the police very visibly and audibly but I don't think I'd get close.
lufferly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lufferly
Member since 2009 • 97 Posts

Turn to my friend and whisper, "He's kind of hot."

No, but really...

I wouldn't help him. I'd try to get other people to help him.

I am woman, and I am tiny. I would look hilarious trying to push them away from him and probably get one hit KO'd or something. Yeah, that helps the situation.

Famiking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Famiking

[QUOTE="Famiking"]Calling the police? Isn't that for emergencies? Or can you call for whatever crime? >_>foxhound_fox

Well, they weren't assaulting him :P

But my question is, is it appropriate to call the police in a non-emergency situation?

lufferly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lufferly

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

[QUOTE="Famiking"]Calling the police? Isn't that for emergencies? Or can you call for whatever crime? >_>Famiking

But my question is, is it appropriate to call the police in a non-emergency situation?

People have called for stuff like thinking they were locked inside the car. (Seriously)

You can call 911 for this. He was being harassed and bleeding, and needed to go to the hospital anyways.

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FFCYAN

No, but really...

I am woman, and I am tiny. I would look hilarious trying to push them away from him and probably get one hit KO'd or something. Yeah, that helps the situation.

lufferly

There was a 5'4 woman in the video who intervined. She was very brave.

Avatar image for JimCarreyForYou
JimCarreyForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JimCarreyForYou
Member since 2009 • 2606 Posts
Yes I would kick those brats *bleep*.
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts
[QUOTE="FFCYAN"]

[QUOTE="lufferly"]

No, but really...

Most guys would sooner let themselves get beaten up than hit a random defenseless woman.
lufferly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lufferly

[QUOTE="lufferly"]

No, but really...

FFCYAN

I knew I shouldn't have said woman. xD

I wasn't saying a woman couldn't break it up, just that I couldn't. Far too small and would've been intimidated by them. I could yell at 'em, though! Haha.

Most guys would sooner let themselves get beaten up than hit a random defenseless woman.

Oh? I guess I have an awfully skewed outlook on life, then..

Famiking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Famiking

[QUOTE="Famiking"]

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

lufferly

People have called for stuff like thinking they were locked inside the car. (Seriously)

You can call 911 for this. He was being harassed and bleeding, and needed to go to the hospital anyways.

Holy ****, big mix up! :lol: I thought I watched this video before, but apparently it was a different one.

So yeah, I'd probably call the police, or look down in shame - I wouldn't want to get involved, seeing as I'd be a foreigner anyway.

Avatar image for JimCarreyForYou
JimCarreyForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 JimCarreyForYou
Member since 2009 • 2606 Posts
Hahaha that woman reminded me of my aunt although they were real criminals mugging a guy.
viewtiful26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 viewtiful26
Member since 2005 • 2842 Posts
I wanna believe I'd help..being latino myself, I'd sympathize having people attack him for not knowing the language, etc.
Jackboot343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jackboot343
Member since 2007 • 2574 Posts

I'd call the police then physically intervene. You have to remember these punks are spineless cowards.

I'd feel ashamed if I idly stood by. And I would regret it for the rest of my life if the person died, because I didn't act.

Papitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Papitar
Member since 2008 • 2377 Posts

In my country the guys wouldn't have guns. I'd do something, not physically do anything but like call the cops or something...

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts
For all the people who are saying they would help.... nah, be fair, you probably wouldn't if it happened. I have been in such a situation, I was too scared to help, I didn't know if the attackers had guns, knives or other weapons, so it might be life threatening to jump in. I waited from a safe distance and I tried to memorize the faces and clothes of the attackers as well as I could. I called the police, there was a car on patrol near by, so it only took a couple of minutes before they arrived. Luckily the man that was being attacked didn't have any severe injuries, but the attackers already fled. Because of the information the victim and I could provide, the police caught them minutes after it happened. I read on a local tv station the day after that they were arrested. The whole situation was not fun and I was scared. The only time I can recall I came into action was when 3 guys were beating up some little shetland horses behind my house, I went into a blind rage, grabbed a big stick and ran into them. But they drove off before I reached them. I don't know what could have happened, I could have been seriously beaten up by them perhaps. So I hope such a situation will not occur ever again, because animals are my weak spot. I know I can't control myself if I see something happening and that might be dangerous for me.
cousin_eddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#49 cousin_eddy
Member since 2004 • 74681 Posts
This.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
I am Mexican, if i didn't have my TEC-9 i'd bust out the spike knuckles :D I remember seeing a Euro video on youtube where a guy is walking with his girlfriend or the like and one guy hits her, in a matter of like 2 seconds he knocks out both guys :lol: It was pretty epic, i'm 6' 200, been going to the gym for about a year now so whatever, i don't really care if i get hurt or die.