This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Cyrax-Sektor (12060 posts) -
Which vegetable on the planet is so unbearable to eat? For me, it's tomatoes; they're wet and slippery and too sweet.:?
Avatar image for freakyzeeky1986
#2 Posted by freakyzeeky1986 (19711 posts) -
For me, it's Onions. I cry when I eat one. :(
#3 Posted by comp_atkins (34245 posts) -
dunno.. rhubarb?
#4 Posted by double_decker (146015 posts) -
I don't like any of those, but the worst would have to be onions for thier smell and texture
#5 Posted by dhyce (5609 posts) -
Vegetable discussion 300+
#6 Posted by foxhound_fox (96544 posts) -
Tomatoes are fruit and mushrooms are a fungus.

My least favourite vegetable would have to be baking potatoes. They are just so bland. I much prefer sweet potatoes or turnips.
#7 Posted by nohabs (10795 posts) -

Brussel sprouts.....blah

Avatar image for 6icks_tea_4hoar
#8 Posted by 6icks_tea_4hoar (1492 posts) -

artichokes. and i must say that fresh broccoli owns.

Edit: and mushrooms own too.

Edit 2: also, they're fungi.

Edit 3: also, tomatos are fruits.

#9 Posted by Cyrax-Sektor (12060 posts) -
artichokes. and i must say that fresh broccoli owns.6icks_tea_4hoar
Yeah, I like broccoli. I don't see why it's always depicted as a bad thing in media.
#10 Posted by g-unit248 (7197 posts) -
peas
#11 Posted by CHAOSWEAV3R (8293 posts) -
There's a lot of vegetables I don't like to eat, but I hate onions.
#12 Posted by NikeVick7 (2571 posts) -
i like tomatoes the least out of anything from the list. it seems like they ruin the flavor of stuff i have them on (cheese burgers, sandwhiches) and im not all that fond of them plain either
#13 Posted by DJ_Lae (42748 posts) -

When tomatoes are bad, they're bad. For cooking you can use almost anything, but for salads or sandwiches, I've only had good luck with BC Hothouse tomatoes (not sure the variety). Almost everything sent up from the US is garbage...but we only seem to get the field tomatoes, which would explain that. And Mexico's hothouse tomatoes are disgusting, probably because the shipping distance results in soft grainy and tasteless tomatoes. Or maybe it's just the growing conditions, or the blend of varieties, or god knows what else.

Tomatoes are like peaches - they're either awesome or they're disgusting. No middle ground.

Anyway, my least favourite vegetables:

1. Eggplant. It's a bitter, squishy, inedible mess.
  2. Fuzzy cucumbers. These probably have a proper name, but they're featured in Asian cuisine, particularly Filipino. They're also vile and they make eggplant taste like the world's finest chocolate. Added to the bitterness is the fuzzy skin, which is indescribable.
  3. Artichoke. I don't hate the taste of it, but it's overpriced and overrated. For a few dollars you get an artichoke, which you have to spend ages hacking apart and cooking before you can cut out the only edible part, which is about two bites worth of vaguely broccoli/asparagus tasting vegetable.
  4. Kale. I guess it's good as garnish...but what's the point of something you don't eat? You also can't eat it, because as a lettuce-type vegetable it's way too bitter to stick in a salad or something.

I guess that's it. I like all the 'normal' vegetables.

#14 Posted by dhyce (5609 posts) -
I've never been fond of asparagus.
Avatar image for metallica_fan42
#15 Posted by metallica_fan42 (21143 posts) -
Squash isn't for me. Although when it is coated in a bit of brown sugar and has a bit of Au Jus around it, then I'm able to eat it.
#16 Posted by MrGeezer (59096 posts) -
Not technically a vegetable, but I vote for okra. They're all slimy on the inside, as if they were full of snot.
#17 Posted by Sharvie (8895 posts) -
Brussel Sprouts... i hate them with a passion.
#18 Posted by -DeathDealer- (1094 posts) -
Onions although i love dried onions:oops:
#19 Posted by -JRL- (446 posts) -
Turnips, there's just no point to them.
#20 Posted by daniel52587 (3028 posts) -
Soggy spinach for me. Spinach leaves in a salad is good. But the soggy kind, blugh.  
#21 Posted by buckfush311 (537 posts) -
Even though it's not really a veggy, I HATE mushrooms. If I smell them I'll gag...they seriously smell just like semen. I eat everything under the sun except for mushrooms.
#22 Posted by Poshkidney (3803 posts) -
some of thos arn't even vegtables
#23 Posted by metallica_fan42 (21143 posts) -
Even though it's not really a veggy, I HATE mushrooms. If I smell them I'll gag...they seriously smell just like semen. I eat everything under the sun except for mushrooms.buckfush311
:| I'm not gonna lie, that was a little creepy.
#24 Posted by nazaric (2026 posts) -

brussel sprouts or something like that, and whats wrong with tomatoes, broccoli, and mushrooms? i love those

#25 Posted by Cyrax-Sektor (12060 posts) -

brussel sprouts or something like that, and whats wrong with tomatoes, broccoli, and mushrooms? i love those

nazaric
I like broccoli and mushrooms, but dislike tomatoes. I just put those there because most people don't like them. Most popular, you know.
#26 Posted by Squidward117 (4374 posts) -
:? Those are some of the best vegetables you put up there. I voted other, because well... Eggplant, cabbage, and spinach are just putrid.
#27 Posted by sthadji (4682 posts) -
[QUOTE="Squidward117"]:? Those are some of the best vegetables you put up there. I voted other, because well... Eggplant, cabbage, and spinach are just putrid.

I agree. The vegetables in the poll are one of the best - even though some aren't considered to be vegetables. I like spinach - depending on how its cooked. No vegetable comes to mind that I absolutely hate.
#28 Posted by gs_gear (3237 posts) -
Which vegetable on the planet is so unbearable to eat? For me, it's tomatoes; they're wet and slippery and too sweet.:?Cyrax-Sektor
I think tomatoes are fruit. Anyway tomatoes are great, what would life be without ketchup.:)
#29 Posted by Cyrax-Sektor (12060 posts) -
[QUOTE="Cyrax-Sektor"]Which vegetable on the planet is so unbearable to eat? For me, it's tomatoes; they're wet and slippery and too sweet.:?gs_gear
I think tomatoes are fruit. Anyway tomatoes are great, what would life be without ketchup.:)

Okay, ketchup I can take.
#30 Posted by metallica_fan42 (21143 posts) -
:? Those are some of the best vegetables you put up there. I voted other, because well... Eggplant, cabbage, and spinach are just putrid.Squidward117
Chicken breast stuffed with spinach,cheese,and sun dried tomatoes is simply delightful. Big seller at my work. Cabbage, if cooked right is ok. Eggplant is terrible.
#31 Posted by mattmaul5488 (14017 posts) -
people
#32 Posted by sthadji (4682 posts) -
[QUOTE="Squidward117"]:? Those are some of the best vegetables you put up there. I voted other, because well... Eggplant, cabbage, and spinach are just putrid.metallica_fan42
Chicken breast stuffed with spinach,cheese,and sun dried tomatoes is simply delightful. Big seller at my work. Cabbage, if cooked right is ok. Eggplant is terrible.

I love sun dried tomatoes. Look what you did dude...you made me drool on my shirt. I hope you're happy.
#33 Posted by proctorsurf (2779 posts) -
i like them all.... expecially mushrooms ;)
#34 Posted by Loonie (3455 posts) -
Broccoli, onion, mushrooms and tomatoes all rule. I hate turnips though.
#35 Posted by xhellcatx (9015 posts) -
Well, I think onions used sparingly can really add flavor to a dish, and onion rings are very tastey.  I dont recall ever eating artichoke, so i have no opinion on it.. Vegetable I HATE though...eggplant. Before getting deployed, my husband tried to fry some up...we didnt have any flour so we were out an ingrediant (at least according to his moms recipe), and I dont think he even cooked it all the way through...or something. All I know is that it was....horrible. I hate a few bites and was like 'well this isnt too bad...'' then took another bite....and that was it. Couldnt stomache anymore. I also dont really like cabbage too much....a little is ok but over cabbagy soup = gross, and I dont really have cabbage outside of soup, so.... let me see...well...brussle sprouts...they can be ok...just gotta be in the mood for them...and gotta have butter with them too. Asparagus is good, broccoli is good, corn = yummo!, carrots are great....celery with dip is good, radishes.....eeew. Uh...cant really think of too many more veggies at the moment lol.
#36 Posted by MoonFoxx (76355 posts) -

I picked other.. cuz spinach to me is nasty. Yuck!

[spoiler] I thought tomato was considered a fruit :? [/spoiler]

#37 Posted by Bourbons3 (24248 posts) -
Tomato is a fruit, and onions