Worst service you've ever experienced at a restaurant?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CrossFire245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CrossFire245
Member since 2007 • 1085 Posts

Title says it all.

When I was younger (like 10 or 11?) I remember my parents, sisters, and about 6-8 other members of our family went to see the Lion King (theater performance). We went to some restaurant in Boston after the show. Needless to say, it took about 15-20 minutes to place our order (after we determined what we all wanted) and then it took somewhere between 75-90 minutes for the food to come out...the restaurants wasn't really that busy either.

It was horrible.

EDIT: I believe we had a party of 11...big but not 90 minutes big.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#2 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

I'm looking at your threads right now and I think you're trying to do a survey on food and family experiences among different age groups, with the intention of finding out which age demographic has the most critical perception of service experienced, as well as how family may influence said perception.

ANYWHO, I went to a burger joint and they put pickles on my burger when I didn't want 'em. Kinda got upset but then I ate the pickles anyway.

CrossFire245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By CrossFire245
Member since 2007 • 1085 Posts

@THE_DRUGGIE: actually, I just post here when I'm bored and want to do something. I know I've been making a lot of threads lately haha. Funny, I didn't even realize there was a trend to my threads until you pointed it out...I'll try changing them up in the future ;)

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#4  Edited By THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

@CrossFire245 said:

@THE_DRUGGIE: actually, I just post here when I'm bored and want to do something. I know I've been making a lot of threads lately haha. Funny, I didn't even realize there was a trend to my threads until you pointed it out...I'll try changing them up in the future ;)

Don't bother, this place is kinda dead anyway. Any activity is good activity!

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

The worst happened about 2 months ago.

I was dining at Chili's for lunch with the wife and her parents and this couple comes in and sits down a few tables away from us. Out of nowhere the woman starts yelling and complaining to the waitress about how "every time she orders a burger at a restaurant no one can ever make it right". She progressively got louder as she talked. When they finally brought out her burger she practically SCREAMED at the manager that it wasn't done to her liking!

Everyone was so uncomfortable and I felt bad for the waitstaff for having to deal with this nutcase. As we were walking out my wife turns to the nutjob and says "psycho". The woman turns around and says, "MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS, BITCH!" to which I followed up with, "Hey, that's my wife you're talking to". The guy started running his mouth, but I just turned around and walked out.

Never in my life have I ever seen such total disrespect by a customer at a restaurant. The woman was such a twat...she's bitching about a burger not being made right at every restaurant she goes to...THEN STAY HOME AND MAKE IT YOURSELF!! (that's what I really wanted to say to her)

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Nothing recent. We're always told a particular order may take longer than others. If I do order something where the main course takes a while to prepare, the appetizers and drinks don't take long to be served. I never had any problems deciding whether I should tip or not.

Plus, I always ask our server which orders are the quickest to make if I'm really hungry.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

Two experiences.

-In Quebec City, a waitress told me in perfect English that I need to order in French. Walked out on that one.

-Applebees in Winston-Salem, NC. Got seated and an hour later no one had even asked what we'd like to drink. Called the 1-800 number while still seated, then they called the manager and then the manager came out and gave us $100 gift cards and took our orders. lol

genius2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 genius2365
Member since 2010 • 495 Posts

We were in London, around Trafalgar Square, and we found this quiet restaurant to eat. Only problem was once we ordered it took over an hours to get the food, and the restaurant wasn't even that busy. A couple of Irish girls sitting across also complained about the exact same thing, and they had been there longer.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts

I remember getting the Denny's treatment at Denny's before they got public nationwide attention from those lawsuits.