Worst nightmare you've had?

#1 Posted by Speeny (1614 posts) -

Hopefully this post isn't too negative. I just wanted to share a nightmare that really stuck with me. It's just a dream after all.

I remember there was one occasion where I dreamt I was sitting in a field with a bunch of children's TV show characters dancing around me. The ones where they'd just be people dressed up in costumes. Kind of the late 90's - early 2000's type. Best way I could describe it was they looked similar to Tweenies.

In front of me there was a projector screen counting down from 5. After, a man that looked similar to Vincent Price appeared on the screen. Explaining that I'd "die" soon. Ended abruptly after that. Lol

Still gives me chills thinking about it to this day. But, it happened over 5 years ago...maybe even longer. :P

#2 Posted by DEVILinIRON (4823 posts) -

Wow. Creepy!

The only really bad one I can think of atm involved me running my brother through with a sabre. Felt terribly real.

#3 Posted by Stranger_36 (660 posts) -

Hmmm, I don't know. My dreams are usually just weird or random rather than scary or creepy.

#4 Posted by henrythefifth (2447 posts) -

I recently had a nightmare where I was banned from Gamespot forums for six months by a angsty mod suffering from PMT.

...oh wait, that actually happened!

#5 Edited by warmblur (2330 posts) -

Going back to School yuck I had that nightmare I'm in my 30's and haven't been in School for almost 20 years but the thought of going back is hell especially in this era with social media and smart phones.

#6 Posted by Speeny (1614 posts) -
@warmblur said:

Going back to School yuck I had that nightmare I'm in my 30's and haven't been in School for almost 20 years but the thought of going back is hell especially in this era with social media and smart phones.

Yeah man, I agree. I had a hard time getting through school myself. Social media would make school 10x worse as you said. I graduated high school in 2015 so I was around for a bit of it but I was a senior so it's a different story.

#7 Posted by VagrantSnow (315 posts) -

Not counting the numerous bouts of sleep paralysis I've experienced over the years, the worst was probably the one dream where I was stabbed and it was such a vivid dream that I could feel myself being stabbed. But it was the feeling afterwards that was the worst. I could feel a cold emptiness emanating from the wound, like I was slowly slipping away. I could feel the blood between my fingers as I tried to hold on but there was this sense of knowing that I was dying and believing I actually was about to.

#8 Posted by Horgen (120365 posts) -

@henrythefifth said:

I recently had a nightmare where I was banned from Gamespot forums for six months by a angsty mod suffering from PMT.

...oh wait, that actually happened!

Interesting. Care to elaborate?

To stay on topic. the ones where I am chased are usually the ones I find to be the worst ones.

#9 Edited by watercrack445 (1539 posts) -

My worst nightmares I had were night terrors. The first one I somehow ended on the floor kicking and thrashing my arms and legs. I was next to brother's bed but I didn't felt any pain when my legs were hitting the bed frames. So, I up screaming cause I was scared what was going on. By, screaming I woke up my whole family. I periodically, kept screaming at short intervals. I don't know how long I was screaming for but let's just it was minute. After a minute I stopped and became normal.

During the experience I would end being conscious and unconscious so that is why I remember that particular experience.

Another of one of the night terrors was I was clearing out an a huge concrete apartment to kill zombies. The other people I think died of off-screen so I was the only one. But a mild zombie horde ambushes me. Coming out from the apartment house and hallway. I ended up screaming because it look so real. I able to calm down after a while.

These night terrors periodically happened to me for several months and now I don't get it anymore. Also, a bit I found interesting on the wiki is night terrors usually happens to kids but I was closer to adult age when this was happening to me.

#10 Edited by DEVILinIRON (4823 posts) -

@watercrack445 said:

My worst nightmares I had were night terrors. The first one I somehow ended on the floor kicking and thrashing my arms and legs. I was next to brother's bed but I didn't felt any pain when my legs were hitting the bed frames. So, I up screaming cause I was scared what was going on. By, screaming I woke up my whole family. I periodically, kept screaming at short intervals. I don't know how long I was screaming for but let's just it was minute. After a minute I stopped and became normal.

During the experience I would end being conscious and unconscious so that is why I remember that particular experience.

Another of one of the night terrors was I was clearing out an a huge concrete apartment to kill zombies. The other people I think died of off-screen so I was the only one. But a mild zombie horde ambushes me. Coming out from the apartment house and hallway. I ended up screaming because it look so real. I able to calm down after a while.

These night terrors periodically happened to me for several months and now I don't get it anymore. Also, a bit I found interesting on the wiki is night terrors usually happens to kids but I was closer to adult age when this was happening to me.

Up until a few weeks ago I too had been suffering from night terrors. They come and go. I've put a hole in a wall, almost kicked a window pane, and woke up hitting my lady friend. In my dreams I'm usually fighting something or someone. My recent series of terrors were eliminated by a slight change in medication.

#11 Edited by MirkoS77 (14120 posts) -

I don't typically have nightmares and I never really have. I have bipolar, so many of my dreams happen in the light of a mindframe that is sick in the way I perceive, and that sickness manifests itself into my thinking, both conscious and unconscious (this is only on my downswings, however). While my dreams are "regular" in their content meaning that by itself they're not unsettling, they turn into nightmares because they stem from something that is very obviously diseased. There's a very tangible sense of illness which feels evil and malicious and that permeates into everything that could otherwise be considered not. It's very hard to explain, but that's what happens.

#12 Edited by livingdeadman (165 posts) -

It wasn't that scary, but I had one where I was being experimented on by Extraterrestrials, and I felt a pain in my liver area in real life. Afterwards I was exploring the Spaceship cruising in Space which had large windows and there were Extraterrestrials playing music that reminded me of the Bar scene from Star Wars.

Another where an old friend shot me. He was kind of a toxic person who once littered in front of me. I don't talk to him anymore.

Another where a woman stabbed me.

Another where a woman I saw on YouTube was grasping my back. That's when me and my friends came up with a term called "Grasper", which is a person who wants to feast on your soul, kind of like a "Gold Digger" but it's your soul they want to play with.

I love these sorts of dreams.

#13 Posted by SOedipus (11442 posts) -

I have recurring ones where an intruder is trying to get into the house. I can see the door handle move, or lock unlatch. Sometimes I see eyes looking through the cracks between the door and door frame/or underneath the door. I hate those!

One that always stuck with me and woke me up immediately was some random dude shot for no reason. Usually I can anticipate that something bad is going to happen but it was so random and out of the blue.

#14 Posted by uninspiredcup (33229 posts) -

@SOedipus said:

I have recurring ones where an intruder is trying to get into the house. I can see the door handle move, or lock unlatch. Sometimes I see eyes looking through the cracks between the door and door frame/or underneath the door. I hate those!

One that always stuck with me and woke me up immediately was some random dude shot for no reason. Usually I can anticipate that something bad is going to happen but it was so random and out of the blue.

I have this as well but it's windows. One time when the window cleaner guy was doing his shit I woke up screaming, he thought I was a mental bastard.

#15 Posted by Kylehernandez2 (11 posts) -

Playing on SEA Server

#16 Posted by Speeny (1614 posts) -

@SOedipus said:

I've had similar ones before. Scary stuff.

Avatar image for clifford_sexylips
#17 Posted by Clifford_Sexylips (50 posts) -

When I dreamt of killing my brothers and sisters when I'm an only child... up until now that spooked me. I still don't know what it means...

#19 Posted by DennyPh (4 posts) -

Wow, that's sounds really scary

#20 Edited by warmblur (2330 posts) -

I sometimes get these real vivid dreams I'm in certain buildings that are abandoned and dark not much lighting the floor is concrete it just feels like I been there before it's really eerie. I'm always trying to escape something it's either creatures or evil people it almost feels like I'm in a movie or something.

#21 Posted by GMAK2442 (958 posts) -

I don't remember cleary but it was very crazy and painful. Hopefully, it happened just couple of times in my life and lately.

#22 Posted by Blair5 (16 posts) -

I remember my first nightmare was about my mom dying. I was like five or six years old and I woke up crying and I remember that dream since then.. :(

#23 Posted by WickedMuffin (36 posts) -

the worst nightmare that I have in my all life wa when I couldn't escape the big truck that had followed me

#24 Posted by 6_Dead_360s (1678 posts) -

This topic contains a really good example of unholy blasphemy.

#25 Posted by Mandzilla (4082 posts) -

I have a recurring nightmare where I wake up at 4pm and realize I still haven't finished my dissertation, and the deadline was 12pm. I graduated 3 years ago haha. :D