Worst car accident you've ever experienced

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

And were you the one driving ?

travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 travisstaggs
Member since 2008 • 10562 Posts

I've been lucky enough to not get into an accident.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts
Worst one was when I got rear ended by a small truck. Been having back problems since. I also got into an accident in Iraq in a humvee where we ran into an Iraqi sedan but there were no major injuries. Had a third accident where I hydroplaned during a thunderstorm but only got whiplash from that one.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Scared the **** out of plenty of drivers i'm sure on my bike, but always knew they weren't going to hit me. I really need to get a RoadID for the time that one finally does
eo_the_shaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 eo_the_shaman
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts

only accidnet ive ever had i was driving my friend back from the premiere of Avatar and it just started to snow, while going the speed limit (for reals) i went around a corner and lost control and hit a bus stop sign. the worst part of this i finally was on my own and could only afford minimum coverage so i was screwed.

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 seahorse123
Member since 2012 • 1237 Posts
My dad was driving and a bird hit our car and we went of the side of the road down a hill... we flipped over a few times and we stopped on our sides, my ankle was broken and my dad was trying to get me out because there was a fire in the back. We managed to get out safely in the end.
Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

One day I was in a bus and a car rammed onto the side of it. I hurted myself on the back.

Rather than that, I have never been on an accident.

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 seahorse123
Member since 2012 • 1237 Posts
That looks like a deer did that.
mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 mccoyca112
Member since 2007 • 5434 Posts

Not a bad *crash* but the thought of it makes me sick to my stomach. In my 4-5 years of driving, I never had an accident...until recently. Some lady pulled over illegally to drop someone off, and apparently didn't look, because as I was going around her in the 1/1 road(with oncoming traffic coming) she decided to floor it and hit me. The actual hit wasn't bad. It was mostly surface damage. But she tried lying to the cops, and ultimately had about 6 "guests" show up and bitch me out, even though it was completely her fault.. On top of that, because she ducked her insurance providers calls for 30 days, I got screwed into taking care of the repairs. Yeah... Illinois for the win...

Since I had a police report with her address, all I could think about for days was slashing her tires, spray painting her windows, and smashing her lights in. I haven't been that pissed in a long, long time. That was last year, November.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#11 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
Got bumped by a drunk driver. There was a scratch on the back of my friend's car.
Half-Life-XXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Half-Life-XXL
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I've been very lucky enough to not get into an accident.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
I backed into a poll very slowly. The poll was make of plastic and it bent slightly. I then pulled forward and continued on my way.
metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 metroidprime55
Member since 2008 • 17657 Posts
I've been in one but we just spun around, nobody was hurt.
Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Haven't been involved in any accidents.

Lucky.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Some teen girl driving a giant SUV blew threw a redlight and t-boned my corvette...driver side too. She blew through my Vette like it was nothing. I went to the hospital and had internal contusions and my back got messed up. To this day, my back kills me if I stand for too long which makes working retail suck.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I've been in so many accidents I'm not sure I can remember them all. About 15 years ago I was up all night partying. I was smoking weed and drinking. I ran out of drugs and alcohol about 6am. Around 11 am I went to the mall to take back something I purchased for money. I was driving on a suspended licsens for a unpaid ticket. I ran a red light and was t-boned in the passanger door by a car doing 50mph. The girl that hit me wasn't wearing her seatbelt. She broke the windsheild with her face.

When the cops showed up he put me in the back of the car for a statement. I thought for sure I was going to jail. He asked for my drivers licsens and proof of insurance. I told him I had neither. So the cop starts driving down the road. I thought he was taking me to jail. He ended up taking me home and dropping me off. He gave me two tickets that I had to go to court for. When I went to court the judge finded me $500 for driving on a suspended licsens and $300 for running a red light or I had the option of 30 days in jail.

The girl that hit me was 19 years old. When they took her to the hospital they did a drug test and found weed in her system. She ended up sueing and getting $75k out of my insurance company.

I'm lucky as hell I didn't get busted for DUI. I had drugs and alcohol in my system. I'm lucky I didn't end up in prison.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jdc6305

[QUOTE="seahorse123"]My dad was driving and a bird hit our car and we went of the side of the road down a hill... we flipped over a few times and we stopped on our sides, my ankle was broken and my dad was trying to get me out because there was a fire in the back. We managed to get out safely in the end.Motokid6
Wtf did u hit an emu? Lol... But na its good to see you guys got out all right. It becomes a bad accident once the car rolls over. As for me I've witnessed a really bad pile up on the freeway. A dump truck a few cars in front of us in the far right lane blows its tire(s) on its left side. The truck darts left out of control across the freeway, smashes into the median with enough force to flip it over the median and into on coming traffic. Our side was ok. The other...not so much. The truck rolled over spilling its contents out onto the freeway and took several cars with it. Highway was shut down. People died... Worst thing I've ever seen. Like right out of a movie.

EMU that is the funniest thing I've read all week.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
I was on a bus when a car rear-ended us. Let's just say the car lost. >_>
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

I got T-boned by some old fart who ran a red light. He had no license and thus no insurance, no job either. Since I had minimal coverage on my car at the time (mid 90's, I was young and dumb) I had to pay for my own damage and medical bills.

I sued him but I've never seen a penny of it. He's long dead now, though.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ferrari2001

I've been in so many accidents I'm not sure I can remember them all. About 15 years ago I was up all night partying. I was smoking weed and drinking. I ran out of drugs and alcohol about 6am. Around 11 am I went to the mall to take back something I purchased for money. I was driving on a suspended licsens for a unpaid ticket. I ran a red light and was t-boned in the passanger door by a car doing 50mph. The girl that hit me wasn't wearing her seatbelt. She broke the windsheild with her face.

When the cops showed up he put me in the back of the car for a statement. I thought for sure I was going to jail. He asked for my drivers licsens and proof of insurance. I told him I had neither. So the cop starts driving down the road. I thought he was taking me to jail. He ended up taking me home and dropping me off. He gave me two tickets that I had to go to court for. When I went to court the judge finded me $500 for driving on a suspended licsens and $300 for running a red light or I had the option of 30 days in jail.

The girl that hit me was 19 years old. When they took her to the hospital they did a drug test and found weed in her system. She ended up sueing and getting $75k out of my insurance company.

I'm lucky as hell I didn't get busted for DUI. I had drugs and alcohol in my system. I'm lucky I didn't end up in prison.

jdc6305
Hopefully fully you don't drink and drive anymore. People who drink and drive are despicable human beings that willing put the lives of other people in danger. There are few people I hate worse than those who drink and drive. So long as you no longer drink and drive then I'm ok.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

I got T-boned by some old fart who ran a red light. He had no license and thus no insurance, no job either. Since I had minimal coverage on my car at the time (mid 90's, I was young and dumb) I had to pay for my own damage and medical bills.

br0kenrabbit

Looks like a lot of us have had run-ins with red light runners.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jdc6305

[QUOTE="jdc6305"]

ferrari2001

Hopefully fully you don't drink and drive anymore. People who drink and drive are despicable human beings that willing put the lives of other people in danger. There are few people I hate worse than those who drink and drive. So long as you no longer drink and drive then I'm ok.

I use to drink and drive all the time when I was a teenager. I've been drug and alcohol free since about a year after that accident. Everyday I'm thankful I'm not dead or in prison for the stuff I did when I was young.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 br0kenrabbit

Looks like a lot of us have had run-ins with red light runners.

Pirate700

That's why I'm not one of these people who bitch and moan about red-light cameras. You should hear the people wail about them around here. :?

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ferrari2001

[QUOTE="ferrari2001"][QUOTE="jdc6305"]

jdc6305

I use to drink and drive all the time when I was a teenager. I've been drug and alcohol free since about a year after that accident. Everyday I'm thankful I'm not dead or in prison for the stuff I did when I was young.

Good for you. I know lots of people who have been seriously injured because of drunk driving. I don't understand why some people, especially mature adults feel the need to drink and drive.
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

I've been lucky enough to not get into an accident.

travisstaggs

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

I backed into a poll very slowly. The poll was make of plastic and it bent slightly. I then pulled forward and continued on my way. ferrari2001
How do you back into a question or series of questions with a vehicle?

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

I've crashed on the track before.  Looked gnarly, but I was completly unharmed, just shaken up.  Nothing really.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#30 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Never been in one.

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

br0kenrabbit

How much did it cost YOU to sue him?  If someone sues someone else and loses, the loser should have to pay their law bills and court expenses.

It would stop people from sueing F*cking everyone and people could enjoy themselves without being sued.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
I saw one a couple of weeks ago walking down the street, Guy on a moped hit a car while head on. It was pretty bad but I think the biker made it. Nothing happened involving me though.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I backed into a poll very slowly. The poll was make of plastic and it bent slightly. I then pulled forward and continued on my way. ferrari2001

The chaos!  OH MY GOSH!  hahah, I hope for you that is the worst you experience.

I have had a couple things, but nothing HUGE.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 br0kenrabbit

How much did it cost YOU to sue him?  If someone sues someone else and loses, the loser should have to pay their law bills and court expenses.

It would stop people from sueing F*cking everyone and people could enjoy themselves without being sued.

GOGOGOGURT

$0. It was a civil suit.

klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#36 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

My family was driving up 395 Highway when all of a sudden the car in front of us suddenly flipped over on it's back. My dad managed to steer out of the way of the accident but the whole situation seem almost surreal at first. 

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

I've been T-boned twice.  The first time was on the driver's side and my car was basically shoved across the intersection.  The second was passenger's side and it spun my car into a 180.  The first time was actually worse, though, the second I wasn't going more than 10 mph.

roadwish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 roadwish
Member since 2005 • 425 Posts

About 6 months ago me and my friends were rallying around in a UAZ(soviet era jeep), roads were slippery because of the ice and my friend who was driving couldn't make the turn so we crashed headon into a pine tree which was about 80 centimetres in diameter. Luckily noone was hurt, even when none of us was wearing a seatbelt( car didn't have seatbelts). We took down the tree but car and all of us were okay.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38696 Posts

been rear ended twice at stoplights. both very minor. 

edit:  oh yeah, hit a deer once too, cracked a headlight.

quadraleap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 quadraleap
Member since 2004 • 36581 Posts
Black ice on the roads and I was driving a 300ZX on winding back roads late for work. Going around a curve the car spun 360 and across the center lane into a telephone pole hood first. No harm to me but the car was totaled. The car had a voice feature to say the door was ajar but it didn't have the ding ding black ice feature.
MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MonoSilver
Member since 2013 • 1392 Posts
I was the passenger in my Dad's car many years ago when he pulled into a petrol station and managed to crash into a big sign on the forecourt. The car was a write off but no one was hurt and one of the station staff gave me a lift home while my Dad stayed to sort things out.
Avatar image for jesuschristmonk
jesuschristmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jesuschristmonk
Member since 2009 • 3308 Posts

Probably the "worst" was when I was with my friend (he was driving), and while we were going through a parking lot to find a space, we stopped a bit away from one car that was backing out, so we waited so we could get the space, but the person seemed to be going a bit too far back. We had people behind us so we couldn't back away in time, so the person backed up into the front of my friend's (his parent's) car.

I don't even think there was any real damage to either car at all lol.

Thankfully, I haven't been in anything worse than that, nor have I gotten hit / hit anyone while I was driving.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#44 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I was on a coach bus loaded with students when the driver passed out on the highway and we went into a ditch. One of the parents on the trip was talking to the driver when it happened so he was able to grab the wheel and apply the brakes. 

It was really early in the morning too when most of us were sleeping. We hit like 3-4 signs that smashed up the front of the bus. I had just awaken and I was about to play something on my Gameboy when I noticed we were going off the road so I held the seat in front of me and just watched. 

The only person hurt was the bus driver when the front windshield busted and he got glass in his face. He was ok though.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts
My dad was driving and a bird hit our car and we went of the side of the road down a hill... we flipped over a few times and we stopped on our sides, my ankle was broken and my dad was trying to get me out because there was a fire in the back. We managed to get out safely in the end.seahorse123
Holy fvcking shit dude...Glad you guys got out of there
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

Some teen girl driving a giant SUV blew threw a redlight and t-boned my corvette...driver side too. She blew through my Vette like it was nothing. I went to the hospital and had internal contusions and my back got messed up. To this day, my back kills me if I stand for too long which makes working retail suck.

Pirate700
Why don't you sue?
Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Mafiree
Member since 2008 • 3704 Posts
Got rear-ended two weeks ago......car ended up being totaled...... I was lucky and fine after at least