Women Want To Be Equal To Men, But With The Comfort Of Inferiority

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts

My opinion might be biased as i have recently seen stuff like i mentioned first hand.

In November i was promoted at work over a female employee with more seniority. She filed a grievance with the union which up until last week was delaying my pay increase and my change in schedule.

It basically went like this.

Her : He only got this promotion because im a woman, i deserved it over Him.

My boss : Well can you hand lift up to 150 pounds on a regular basis?

Her : No. And i don't think i should have to because i'm a woman.

My boss : Well do you at least know how to run the equipment in the back?

Her : No. There is always someone else to do it, why should i have to?

My boss : Ok, well since you cant do any of the stuff that we require in that slot we are going to have to give it to Him.

Her : Zomg im filing a frivolous grievance because someone else got a job i am incapable of and unwilling to do.

cybrcatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 cybrcatter
Member since 2003 • 16210 Posts

My opinion might be biased as i have recently seen stuff like i mentioned first hand.

In November i was promoted at work over a female employee with more seniority. She filed a grievance with the union which up until last week was delaying my pay increase and my change in schedule.

It basically went like this.

Her : He only got this promotion because im a woman, i deserved it over Him.

My boss : Well can you hand lift up to 150 pounds on a regular basis?

Her : No. And i don't think i should have to because i'm a woman.

My boss : Well do you at least know how to run the equipment in the back?

Her : No. There is always someone else to do it, why should i have to?

My boss : Ok, well since you cant do any of the stuff that we require in that slot we are going to have to give it to Him.

Her : Zomg im filing a frivolous grievance because someone else got a job i am incapable of and unwilling to do.

Alter_Echo

That sucks.

My old man used to head a hospital dept. in Wi that took part in the W2 program, and he had to deal with all sorts of situations similar to this.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

I think I should add, that I view the situation as more of a problem with society and societal perceptions than most women themselves. It's not like every other woman you see is complaining about equal rights, but morning shows with large female audiences and news in general tends to take the females side. Hardly any exceptions.

I remember a story maybe 1-2 yrs ago about a group of women who exacted revenge on a man who had cheated on them without them knowing. They formulated a plot where one of them tricked him into a hotel room promising a massage (at the time he was not aware she or the others knew about his cheating). She ended up blindfolding and tying him up for the massage. (Of course he was clearly an idiot for letting this happen, but that's irrelevant). When he was tied up and restrained the others appeared, and they super-glued his penis to his stomach.

Now, what he did was wrong I hate people who cheat, but is this really the way to handle it? Now getting to my main point I am not mad at women for this occurrence since 99% of women would never do something like this. What irritated me was the way the news people covering the story acted. They acted as though the women were clever and actually ended up laughing mildly about the story. Of course cheating is wrong, but I can only imagine the media reaction if a group of men did something involving glue and private areas to a women who had cheated on them.

ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 ImaPirate0202
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

There are some obvious double standards.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts
[QUOTE="Deihjan"]Most women never really seem to understand that men getting higher pay than women, and different rights on some points, is all due to the fact that men do so much more than women. No woman has ever been forced to fight for her country, at least not to my knowledge, and men are forced into the army. I want equal rights, sure, but am I ready to be forced to do the same stuff as guys are? I don't think I am. Sure, I'd like equally high/low wages, especially when it comes to a position like a CEO or higher, where men are treated better than women, and who is to say that a male ceo deserves a higher wager than a female ceo?

Most of the argument over equal pay is actually for doing the same job. It's not comparing two different jobs. Men are not forced into the army in every country. For some it's an option not a requirement.
Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Deihjan
Member since 2008 • 30213 Posts

i watched a lecture about how the inequality of pay between men and women is mostly (like round 80% of it is) due to the overlooked and simple fact that men work more hours on average. men work more overtime. which gives them an advantage when promotions are being decided. and there were a few other points as well. it was pretty interesting i forget what it's called but its on youtube (of course)

Phaze-Two
That's not true, really. My mother has worked more overtime than any of the men she's ever worked with, who held a position equal to hers. I guess there are places in the world where what you say holds true, but, yeah..
Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Deihjan
Most of the argument over equal pay is actually for doing the same job. It's not comparing two different jobs. Men are not forced into the army in every country. For some it's an option not a requirement.LJS9502_basic
Name a country where men aren't forced into the army, then. I don't know, seeing as I only know my own country's rules.
Alter_Echo
This..this makes me so mad, and sad. Dumb bird who can't see that your new job requires you to be able to do heavy lifting or be willing to actually do the job..
ArchonOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#58 ArchonOver
Member since 2010 • 1103 Posts

If women want equality then they should be forced to be put in wars. No children and ladies first, only children. Men should be able to fight back and slap her if she slaps him. All sports should be unisex.

Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Deihjan

All sports should be unisex.

ArchonOver
There is a reason there are male and female sports.. I don't want to fight a man just because he'd be in the same weightclass as me, if I were a boxer, because of 'equality'. x_x
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Most of the argument over equal pay is actually for doing the same job. It's not comparing two different jobs. Men are not forced into the army in every country. For some it's an option not a requirement.Deihjan
Name a country where men aren't forced into the army, then. I don't know, seeing as I only know my own country's rules.

United States....and I'd wager the United Kingdom and Canada for a few more examples.

no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 no_more_fayth
Member since 2010 • 11928 Posts

[QUOTE="ArchonOver"]

Deihjan

There is a reason there are male and female sports.. I don't want to fight a man just because he'd be in the same weightclass as me, if I were a boxer, because of 'equality'. x_x

I would bet on you, Deih.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="Deihjan"] Name a country where men aren't forced into the army, then. I don't know, seeing as I only know my own country's rules.dreDREb13

United States....and I'd wager the United Kingdom and Canada for a few more examples.

Well the whole selective service thing is what they're getting at...

Still no one is forced to serve.
Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Deihjan

[QUOTE="Deihjan"][QUOTE="ArchonOver"]

no_more_fayth

Haha, d'aawww. It's only because I fight with crude means :3
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

I would have to agree, I'veyet to meet a woman that wants equality but refuses to give up being treated as if shes not equal and as if shes a woman.

no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 no_more_fayth
Member since 2010 • 11928 Posts

[QUOTE="no_more_fayth"]

[QUOTE="Deihjan"] There is a reason there are male and female sports.. I don't want to fight a man just because he'd be in the same weightclass as me, if I were a boxer, because of 'equality'. x_xDeihjan

Haha, d'aawww. It's only because I fight with crude means :3

Hahaha.

You have a mean streak. =3

:o

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="dreDREb13"]Well the whole selective service thing is what they're getting at...dreDREb13

Still no one is forced to serve.

Well, I guess they're just going off of past drafts, and the assumable scenario that it'd be males only should another draft be reinstated.

Hasn't been a draft here since early 70s I believe. And none forthcoming...so that would be like saying we believe the world is flat because at one time....that was the thought.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="dreDREb13"]Well, I guess they're just going off of past drafts, and the assumable scenario that it'd be males only should another draft be reinstated.

dreDREb13

Hasn't been a draft here since early 70s I believe. And none forthcoming...so that would be like saying we believe the world is flat because at one time....that was the thought.

No, it's just that the draft actually was male-only, so then people just assume males would be the only ones going should another draft happen. It factually was males only. People didn't just believe it was. I don't think that analogy you gave is really fair. Granted, sure, we can't say for sure whether or not women would be included in another draft, but all I'm saying is that past ones have led people to believe such.

The analogy works on the level of what was once common in the past doesn't mean it's common today. You have to apply the analogy to the discussion. She asked for countries that don't force men to serve. The US is volunteer. Hence, not forced to serve. And haven't been forced for some time. Going back 40 years does not change the fact that it's volunteer now.

RVP11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 RVP11
Member since 2006 • 84 Posts
They (Feminists) want equality when it is convenient for them. That is all.harashawn
Exactly.
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#74 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

To a degree this is true. Women want the pros of being a man but none of the cons.

Accept the cons. Like getting hit or drafted into war.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="dreDREb13"]No, it's just that the draft actually was male-only, so then people just assume males would be the only ones going should another draft happen. It factually was males only. People didn't just believe it was. I don't think that analogy you gave is really fair. Granted, sure, we can't say for sure whether or not women would be included in another draft, but all I'm saying is that past ones have led people to believe such.dreDREb13

The analogy works on the level of what was once common in the past doesn't mean it's common today. You have to apply the analogy to the discussion. She asked for countries that don't force men to serve. The US is volunteer. Hence, not forced to serve. And haven't been forced for some time. Going back 40 years does not change the fact that it's volunteer now.

Well yeah, but I mean, they're just trying to say that if we had a draft, it'd most likely be men, is all. I'm not arguing that we're not volunteer. Obviously we are, I'm just trying to show what I think they meant.

A draft won't happen so no sense in assuming that.
fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#76 fidosim
Member since 2003 • 12901 Posts
[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

To a degree this is true. Women want the pros of being a man but none of the cons.

Um, no. Women should not accept getting hit.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 LJS9502_basic

Pixel-Pirate

Women get hit(not that they should be)...and men aren't drafted anymore.

Phaze-Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Phaze-Two
Member since 2009 • 3444 Posts
[QUOTE="Phaze-Two"]

i watched a lecture about how the inequality of pay between men and women is mostly (like round 80% of it is) due to the overlooked and simple fact that men work more hours on average. men work more overtime. which gives them an advantage when promotions are being decided. and there were a few other points as well. it was pretty interesting i forget what it's called but its on youtube (of course)

Deihjan
That's not true, really. My mother has worked more overtime than any of the men she's ever worked with, who held a position equal to hers. I guess there are places in the world where what you say holds true, but, yeah..

i don't see how one example makes what was said in the lecture (which was based on statistics, and presented as averages) untrue.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Deihjan"][QUOTE="Phaze-Two"]

Phaze-Two

i don't see how one example makes what was said in the lecture (which was based on statistics, and presented as averages) untrue.

I'd be curious to see those facts since the argument has always been equal pay for equal work.
dunl12496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#80 dunl12496
Member since 2009 • 5710 Posts

[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

fidosim

They'll have to, unless they want to make a gosh darn sandwich.

fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 fidosim
[QUOTE="dunl12496"]

[QUOTE="fidosim"][QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

They'll have to, unless they want to make a gosh darn sandwich.

I reject your sammich/domestic abuse dilemma. :(
Phaze-Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Phaze-Two

[QUOTE="Phaze-Two"][QUOTE="Deihjan"] That's not true, really. My mother has worked more overtime than any of the men she's ever worked with, who held a position equal to hers. I guess there are places in the world where what you say holds true, but, yeah..LJS9502_basic

I'd be curious to see those facts since the argument has always been equal pay for equal work.

i think the equal work part could have meant the salary difference between men & women of the same job position.

I'm not saying it's definitly true, or unbiased, but heres the lecture.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts
[QUOTE="fidosim"][QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

Or drafted into war. >_>
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Phaze-Two"] i don't see how one example makes what was said in the lecture (which was based on statistics, and presented as averages) untrue.Phaze-Two

i think the equal work part could have meant the salary difference between men & women of the same job position.

The Cato Institute receives funding from various corporations....so I'd bet a bit of bias is definitely in there.

fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 fidosim
[QUOTE="Theokhoth"][QUOTE="fidosim"][QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

Or drafted into war. >_>

Not in combat occupations, anyway.
Phaze-Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Phaze-Two

[QUOTE="Phaze-Two"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] I'd be curious to see those facts since the argument has always been equal pay for equal work. LJS9502_basic

The Cato Institute receives funding from various corporations....so I'd bet a bit of bias is definitely in there.

could be. however, the CATO institute isn't giving the lecture, FYI.